What SOG "DAGGERT" DO I HAVE?

A buddy gave me this knife today. SOG Daggert 2.

I've been trying to figure out what model it is, and I have found a number of examples of it that have "Daggert 2" inscribed on the blade itself on the left side, but... mine has it in small letters near the grip/hilt.

Any details?

Thanks.

Photos follow in the next post.

Last edited:
PHOTOS

Attachments

• 20200916_140031.jpg
    20200916_140031.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200916_140040.jpg
    20200916_140040.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20200916_140044.jpg
    20200916_140044.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200916_140046.jpg
    20200916_140046.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200916_140204.jpg
    20200916_140204.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200916_140217.jpg
    20200916_140217.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 58
There is a review on Youtube with the same markings, search 'SOG Daggert 2 review!'
Nice Daggert 2 you have there,

I saw mention that at some point they updated the logo and put the name near the hilt like it is on yours. I’m going to assume they did this shortly before discontinuing them since it seems there’s many more examples with the Daggert name up on the blade.

You seemed to have abandoned the thread you started on this in General Chat so I’ll post this here also. Kinda sorry that I spent time searching for an answer for it to just be disregarded. Hope you get more info.

I saw mention that at some point they updated the logo and put the name near the hilt like it is on yours. I’m going to assume they did this shortly before discontinuing them since it seems there’s many more examples with the Daggert name up on the blade.

I moved the question to the proper section of the forum. As for your alleged "search for an answer" it appears all you did was recall what you had "seen mentioned" elsewhere. And even for that recollection, I thank you, but come now, you are being a tad melodramatic here, aren't you? :)

Jsega51 Jsega51

Last edited:
I moved the question to the proper section of the forum. As for your alleged "search for an answer" it appears all you did was recall what you had "seen mentioned" elsewhere. And even for that recollection, I thank you, but come now, you are being a tad melodramatic here, aren't you? :)

Jsega51 Jsega51

Try this answer; you have a SOG Daggert 2, just like the blade says. Not sure what the mystery is if you saw the same info that I did.

I've been trying to figure out what model it is, and I have found a number of examples of it that have "Daggert 2" inscribed on the blade itself on the left side, but... mine has it in small letters near the grip/hilt.

Any details?

Thanks.

Isn't this the same Daggert you found in your storage closet after you bought it years ago?
:confused:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sog-daggert-2-tell-me-about-it.1745119/

Any details?

Thanks.

A number of years ago, I purchased this knife from somebody else, it is the SOG Daggert 2 and I just, today, found it in my storage closet, and I had totally forgotten about it.

I'm getting it razor sharp on my Spyderdo Sharpmaker...beginning with the Nickel Boron sticks and so forth.

EFKa2x1.jpg

IMO these knives are both SOG Daggart 2s. What a coincidence that you found and were given both of them in such a short time period and had questions on both. Not rare at all but they are from what I would consider the mid period in SOG production history (early being Seki, mid being Taiwan, and current being whatever it is they are doing now which is mostly Chinese production). The Daggart 2 shares its handle with several other knives of this era, Gov-Tac, Tech-Bowie, Creed, Daggart, and maybe another. I actually quite like the platform. I owned all of them at one time except the Creed.

My grandfather had dementia. Every time he saw something it was a treasure to be rediscovered every time, along with new stories about it.

Looks like the name’s right there on the blade.

Back