Off Topic What song are you listening to?

Tyrade83

Half man, half bear, half pig
Gold Member
It looks like there hasn't been a music thread here for a while, so let's get one going. Post up what you've been listening to. New releases, old favourites, any genre, or even if you just want to share the one that's been stuck in your head with the rest of us. Tube links are great, even just artist and title, or share your playlists from Spotify, Soundcloud, Apple Music, Google Play, or whichever you use.

I'll start with a few favourites of mine. I have quite an eclectic taste in music. I'll listen to pretty much anything if I like it. Grew up a metalhead, but slowly expanded my horizons. There's over 10k songs in my library on my phone and I usually just have it on shuffle for 12 hours a day or more at work. It goes from AC/DC to Brooks and Dunn, Eminem, to Weird Al, Led Zeppelin to Dead Kennedys to Nancy Sinatra, then Metallica, Tech N9ne, Mark Chesnutt, NOFX, Irish Rovers, Pat Benetar, etc. You get the idea, if it's got a catchy tune, or even a kinda bad beat but good lyrics, I'll play it.

Last edited:
I am now a RHEC Upchurch, Calhoun, Bottleneck, Demun Jones, WTF is Justin Time.... ect....big time FAN!
All the new country rapp as they say.
Yeah, I'm really on a hick-hop kick myself too. You should check out Dirt Rock Empire, and Racket County, if you haven't. They're both side projects of The Lacs, who I've listened to since they broke out. Their last two albums are really good.

I am now a RHEC Upchurch, Calhoun, Bottleneck, Demun Jones, WTF is Justin Time.... ect....big time FAN!
All the new country rapp as they say.

First time I heard country + rap together was this thread. I can enjoy both genres in their own form but mixing them together is just wrong, wrong, wrong.... it's like a fake way to be innovative, hate it on a conceptual level.

First time I heard country + rap together was this thread. I can enjoy both genres in their own form but mixing them together is just wrong, wrong, wrong.... it's like a fake way to be innovative, hate it on a conceptual level.

I don't find it fake at all, seems less fake than rednecks driving around blasting rap about life in the hood. As a country boy that grew up feeding livestock, and tossing hay bales and was driving a tractor as soon as I was strong enough to push the clutch in, it's familiar. I used to always prefer hard rock, and metal, the louder the better. I liked the beat and rhythm of rap, but never really got into it too much because I like to listen to lyrics, and just didn't feel it. I will admit, there's a good chunk of country rap that is straight up terrible. But there's enough of it that I like to consider myself a fan.
I still like me some good metal, but I've toned it back a bit form the super heavy stuff though. A good song gets me pumped up still for sure. I'll have to check out more from Converge.

An couple old ones but still crank the hell out them

Speaking of Hick Hop, my good friend recently hooked up with a cousin of his that he had been out of touch with since he was a kid (he's in his mid 30s now).

He tells me he's going to GA to hunt with him and when he gets back he proceeds to tell me that his cousin is a country rapper. We were out surfing at the time and I almost drowned I was laughing so hard. I didn't even know that was a thing and apparently my friend didn't either. I had heard Colt Ford a few times but never really liked his stuff and didn't see it going anywhere. My buddy's cousin does this for a living though and does well enough to support his family and his hunting and fishing habits, which is cool AF to me.

They are The Jawga Boyz and this is their most popular song. I actually heard a car bumping it in South Florida .

I too always found it strange to go to country shows and have the tailgaters bumping hood rap in their jacked up trucks.

H Houlahound Converge's Jane Doe is a classic. Was on a "hardcore" bend a few days ago, listened to it, Fear Before The March Of Flame's Art Damage, Fall Of Troy's Doppelganger, and Most Precious Blood's Our Lady of Annihilation. And some Children of Bodom (not really in the same genre, but they are metal, so somewhat similar I guess)

Well I was listening to Rush recently just because Neil Peart passed away. (I'm a drummer as well and Rush/Peart was definitely an influence)
My avatar is artwork my (probably) all-time favorite band uses. A Wilhelm Scream. They haven't had anything new recently but always listen to their stuff.

Been really into CHON this past year. sort of an instrumental prog/math rock band. Their album Homey is excellent.

Hip-Hop- just discovered A-F-R-O. Huge People Under The Stairs fan too (OST is my all-time favorite hip-hop album)
Been listening to a lot of chillhop/jazzhop/lofi etc lately too, Jinsang, Brock Berrington, City Girl, Bassti, etc

Although I alternate entire genres a lot and usually stick on a certain genre for a day or two. Yesterday was early 90s punk. Descendents, Bad Religion, Guttermouth, Grey Matter, Face To Face, Jawbreaker, etc
Today I think I'm gonna cycle through Ska, Ska-Punk, Reggae- Westbound Train, Hepcat, Mustard Plug, Streetlight Manifesto, etc.
I could keep going on and on.

The song on this first vid doesn't start until ~0:35 in

Last edited:
Around our house is a pretty good mix. We mostly have a classic rock/southern rock/classic country playing on the weekends while working around the house. We mix in some newer country, reggae, mowtown, old school rap, and 80's stuff. At dinner, we will usually play jazz as a way to relax after a long day of work.

Our 12 year old digs all this stuff too. Sometimes we have nerf wars in the house and jam edm/gamer music during the battle.

Oh man, someone said NOFX.

Time to blast Punk in Drublic at top volume for the next week and a half. :eek:

That was me. She's Nubs came on the other day, and the young apprentice was like, "WTF is this?". So he had punk rock school for the rest of the day. And can Punk in Drublic be played at anything other than max volume?

Last edited:
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Doom City
Track #7 off "Flying Microtonal Banana" (2017)

A Maynard fan I see. What did you think of the new album?
Havent had the chance to give it my full attention so as of yet have not listened to it Maynard is a great artist and singer tho .
Prolly stuffed full of fibonacci sequences lol

Lately I've been digging the heck out of this slow grind, bluesy kind of stuff.

Those are great. If you haven't heard them, check out the Whiskey Meyers video that in the second post. I've got all of their albums, and you'll probably like them.

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Doom City
Track #7 off "Flying Microtonal Banana" (2017)

That's really good, into my playlist it goes. :thumbsup:

Reactions: V-1
H Houlahound Converge's Jane Doe is a classic. Was on a "hardcore" bend a few days ago, listened to it, Fear Before The March Of Flame's Art Damage, Fall Of Troy's Doppelganger, and Most Precious Blood's Our Lady of Annihilation. And some Children of Bodom (not really in the same genre, but they are metal, so somewhat similar I guess)

Well I was listening to Rush recently just because Neil Peart passed away. (I'm a drummer as well and Rush/Peart was definitely an influence)
My avatar is artwork my (probably) all-time favorite band uses. A Wilhelm Scream. They haven't had anything new recently but always listen to their stuff.

Been really into CHON this past year. sort of an instrumental prog/math rock band. Their album Homey is excellent.

Hip-Hop- just discovered A-F-R-O. Huge People Under The Stairs fan too (OST is my all-time favorite hip-hop album)
Been listening to a lot of chillhop/jazzhop/lofi etc lately too, Jinsang, Brock Berrington, City Girl, Bassti, etc

Although I alternate entire genres a lot and usually stick on a certain genre for a day or two. Yesterday was early 90s punk. Descendents, Bad Religion, Guttermouth, Grey Matter, Face To Face, Jawbreaker, etc
Today I think I'm gonna cycle through Ska, Ska-Punk, Reggae- Westbound Train, Hepcat, Mustard Plug, Streetlight Manifesto, etc.
I could keep going on and on.

The song on this first vid doesn't start until ~0:35 in

I've heard lots Children of Bodom, but have been picking through all the others you named and there's not much that I don't like. I am definitely a fan of A Wilhelm Scream now, can't believe I hadn't come across them before. At this rate I'll have another 5k songs in my library by the end of the month.

Back