What to do with <$40 on a Christmas gift card? Budget knife? Tuf-Glide? SpyderPac?

I have a gift card for a certain place that is centered on knives, and I'm getting an SAK I've craved for a long time. The problem is that I'm going to have $27 left over, and I want to get my money's worth out of shipping (international, at the moment). I can throw in a few more bucks over that $27, but I'm at a loss on what else to do.

I already have an Opinel, Skyline, Persistence, and Strobe, and I don't like assisted, otherwise I would get a Cryo. I suppose I could go for a RAT 2, but I'm not too excited about it and don't think it'll do much more than the budget knives I already have. More expensive knives and better steels have been calling my name recently, but I don't want to save the gift card and pay shipping later once I've saved up for it. I also have a Sharpmaker, so I'm good on that.

Is Tuf-Glide and Tuf-Cloth worth it? I have some gun oil already that works, and I don't have problems with rust, but I do live in a coastal area. I don't have any good method of storage right now. Should I pop for a 30 knife SpyderPac or a Zero Tolerance storage bag and give my small collection somewhere to grow? The Pelican 1120 seems a little tight for small folders to stand in vertically. Are there any other storage solutions or must-have accessories I'm missing?

Buck Bantam BHW to keep in the glove box of your car (or in the boat since it has great stain resistence).

Or an alox SAK classic for your key chain.

An Alox Pioneer is a close option that I almost mentioned, but I'm already getting a Vic Compact that's going on my keychain, and I doubt I'll be swapping it out. But hey, maybe the Pioneer is that amazing. I don't know. (KC only has a silver one, not the black one I'd like.) The ZT bag or 18 knife SpyderPac are the current contenders.

I have a gift card for a certain place that is centered on knives, and I'm getting an SAK I've craved for a long time. The problem is that I'm going to have $27 left over, and I want to get my money's worth out of shipping (international, at the moment). I can throw in a few more bucks over that $27, but I'm at a loss on what else to do.

I already have an Opinel, Skyline, Persistence, and Strobe, and I don't like assisted, otherwise I would get a Cryo. I suppose I could go for a RAT 2, but I'm not too excited about it and don't think it'll do much more than the budget knives I already have. More expensive knives and better steels have been calling my name recently, but I don't want to save the gift card and pay shipping later once I've saved up for it. I also have a Sharpmaker, so I'm good on that.

Is Tuf-Glide and Tuf-Cloth worth it? I have some gun oil already that works, and I don't have problems with rust, but I do live in a coastal area. I don't have any good method of storage right now. Should I pop for a 30 knife SpyderPac or a Zero Tolerance storage bag and give my small collection somewhere to grow? The Pelican 1120 seems a little tight for small folders to stand in vertically. Are there any other storage solutions or must-have accessories I'm missing?

Spend an Extra $46 in addition to the gift card, and get a CTS-XHP 2015 Cold Steel Lawman you may find it for $86ish on certain well known nation online shopping mega sites. Its like getting 50% off a great knife instead of buying cheaper $40 knives.

Back