What to use to oil carbon steel blades?

Bee wax or paraffin are excellent on patina, seals very good, non-sticky, stays clean, glides trough material, last longer in wet environment, no problem with food and helps alleviate the stickiness to wet / humid thing in very cold environment. Easy to carry and use. I love it. I only oil for storage. I would never put greasy knives in my sheaths. I remove the oil completely with soapy water and wax them before uses in the field. I have a Glock that the blade rusted from under the oil film because it was all the time in high humidity in my truck's toolbox, that never occurred with wax or Paraffin.
How do you apply wax on the blade tho? Just rub it or you use different method?

How do you apply wax on the blade tho? Just rub it or you use different method?

Yes, you can just rub it on the blade, but you can have better results heating the blade with an hair dryer until the paraffin melts on contact, cover the whole blade with a thin film let it cool off, then remove the excess and buff it with a cloth until it feels smooth. And you're good to go.

Yes, you can just rub it on the blade, but you can have better results heating the blade with an hair dryer until the paraffin melts on contact, cover the whole blade with a thin film let it cool off, then remove the excess and buff it with a cloth until it feels smooth. And you're good to go.
Thanks for clarification, might try it out if I'm not gonna use my knives for longer time.

Back