what todo with counterfeit knifes

Hello everybody.
First I want to apologies if this should be posted in another discussion.
Second - I'm an idiot and have made a huge mistake and ended up ordering a lot of knives that I now suspect are counterfeit.

My first recourse is to try to do a return and get my money back, but preparing for the worst and suspect that I'll end up being stuck with these things.
I know that I cannot turn around and sell them, but what can I (legally) do with these?

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

Hello everybody.
Second - I'm an idiot and have made a huge mistake and ended up ordering a lot of knives that I now suspect are counterfeit.

My first recourse is to try to do a return and get my money back, but preparing for the worst and suspect that I'll end up being stuck with these things.
I know that I cannot turn around and sell them, but what can I (legally) do with these?

Thank you
You can throw them in the garbage. That's about it.

Reactions: Mo2
You can sell them (not here obviously) as long as you make it clear they are fakes. Just don't represent them as the real thing. You certainly can't sell them here obviously, but they are your property and you can legally do with your property whatever you wish as long as you are not being fraudulent and trying to pass them off as the real thing.

Garage sale, eBay whatever. You do not HAVE TO throw them away, but that is also an option. Or just keep them and use them if they are safe to use.

Permanently mark them "reproduction" with an engraving tool and sell them as such. Or, display them side by side with the real thing and use them as a conversation piece.

n2s

Sell them for what they are worth, they have some value, even if they are fakes. Just make it clear what it is that they are, there are always people who want a cheap knife.
Sit down and figure out what it is that you have in them, and what a fair price would be. Then sell them at flea markets, and on Craigslist, and Ebay; it is not dishonest to that. That advice is going to run counter to a lot of thinking here, but it is genuine and sound reasoning. I looked on Craigslist and there are cheap knock-off aplenty there.

Hello everybody.

Thank you
I think many people did the same thing when 1st getting into knives. I bought a fake Paramilitary 2 before I even knew what a Paramilitary was. On ebay I like to report the items as counterfeit if they don't make it clear. You can also demand a refund on ebay, give negative feedback if they don't refund you.

Figured I would give an update. I disputed all of the orders and was able to get refunds for most everything. I did end up loosing some money in the process but not as much as I was expecting. The quality of most of these knives were so poor that I would be embarrassed giving them away.

Thank you for all the comments - this has been a valuable lessoned learned.

Back