What tool/vic did you carry today?

Gerber Artifact, VIC Hiker, LM Skeletool CX....

DSC07219.jpg

;)

I've been struggling with what to carry for EDC lately. I was carrying a Super Tinker, but wanted a small folder clipped to my pocket as well, and a full sized SAK plus that and a cell phone, etc. is a bit heavy for my taste (I like to keep things pretty light when I'm dressed for work). I also work as a paralegal, so at times I have to do things at courthouses, and of course, cannot carry a blade. My solution is to carry a Spyderco Cricket and a Gerber Artifact...but I removed the entire plastic blade assembly from the Artifact, turning it into a bladeless multi-function pry-tool of sorts that will actually pass security in most courthouses, so I don't feel completely tool-less.

I went out to Academy sports today and picked up a Vic FieldMaster , now I have a, One hand Trekker, Rescue Tool, Outrider, Huntsman and now the FieldMaster.

RickJ

The Vic Tourist. It's the Spartan's little brother, same tool layout but a little smaller, 3.25" instead of 3.5". For me it seems to ride a little better in the pocket, but I hate the name. "Tourist" evokes the image of some loudmouth dude wearing sunglasses, Bermuda shorts, and a shirt with a garish floral design.

Today it's a Rambler in the wallet , an Alox Soldier , and a Spirit X .

Chris

Just bought a Spirit today. Walked into a store, asked the counter guy which Multi had the least amount of complaints, and he sold me the Spirit. He did not disparage the other brands, he had good things to say about them, but I went with the reliability question.

A Gerber Clutch and a WW2 Camillus US Army Engineers knife (same blade arrangement as a modern SAK Soldier) with bone handles.

Toting around a Vic Climber today. I never realized why so many loiked the tool combination until now.

In my backpack that I always carry with me everywhere you can find a Diesel Multi-Plier by Gerber amongst many other toys.

Today a Victorinox Safari Pathfinder.

VictorinoxSafariPathfinder.jpg

Next to the Woodsman, this is one of my all time favorite SAKs. :)

Today I have a Kershaw Scallion, a LM Core, a Gerber Clutch, and a Vic Woodsman on me, Vic Officers watch, Vic wallet, and cellphone.. :)

Celidor Vic Bantam with the key ring tab filed off (using the Leatherman Super Tool file).

I've got a Vic Classic on my keyring that goes about everywhere.

I try to do a 3 mile walk everyday and did it today with my OHT in my pocket. It's becoming my knock-around, out-in-the backyard-doing things knife.

In my last post I talked about picking up a Fieldmaster, It has the same tools as the Huntsman but has a philips screw driver instead of the cork screw. I have decided that I like the Fieldmaster better because in my mind, a philips screw driver is more important than a cork screw. So I will find a home for that Huntsman and keep the great little Fieldmaster around.

RickJ

Back