What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

ynX6yrL.jpg

I love GEC's but the change from two years ago has taken a bit of the wind from my sail, still though, I love the brand. But I have gone back to knives that I always carried before and one would be hard pressed to find a better knife for the money than this Case 62032 Jack. No play in the blades, centered in the well, no gaps allowing light to pass through the frame, great jigged bone covers, everything nicely radiused.

I still try and purchase GEC's when I can but if I'm unsuccessful I'm ok :thumbsup:

EACUdD.jpg
Oh wow, that’s a real beauty Paul! 😎👍

Made by K'roo in memory of my dad, Tom, passed away this day in 1983...View attachment 1640028View attachment 1640029
I really like this post. :)
I see a lot of healthy food there. Antioxidants, vitamin c, etc.
Sure livens up a bowl of oatmeal, among other things.
A couple of my modern folders needed a little thread locker on their respective pivot screws today.
This one don’t need no stinking Loctite!!
View attachment 1640075
The Great Spirit of Traditional Knives was sending you a message.
Day 3 with the Bayonne jack knife. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1640187
I meant to comment on this jack the first day. Wonderful old jackknife, Greg.

I love GEC's but the change from two years ago has taken a bit of the wind from my sail, still though, I love the brand. But I have gone back to knives that I always carried before and one would be hard pressed to find a better knife for the money than this Case 62032 Jack. No play in the blades, centered in the well, no gaps allowing light to pass through the frame, great jigged bone covers, everything nicely radiused.

I still try and purchase GEC's when I can but if I'm unsuccessful I'm ok :thumbsup:

EACUdD.jpg
Do you have a link to the full announcement where they stated they were curbing production to a degree? I’m trying to find it, but have been unsuccessful.

That's a handsome pocketful Gary :) With you in mind, I've filled my own pockets today ;) :thumbsup:

My thoughts are with all my US friends today. Hope you all have a safe and happy weekend :thumbsup:
Thanks for the comment, Jack, and thanks for making my dreams come true with that fantastic stag trio!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:🤓

Amazing selection of knives especially canoes, Gary.;)👍
Thanks, José. :)

Schrade Walden 294 for observation of Schradurday. Good blade combo on this jack. Not all that common, so I’m glad to have this user that’s already got some age spots.View attachment 1638020And, for my recognition of SAKturday, this thing, aka: Harvester/Pioneer 7. View attachment 1638017And forgive me, but since it’s pushing 40 years old, this could be called “traditional”. It’s certainly trad with me. Everyday it takes the ugly jobs that keep my user pocket knives from becoming beater pocket knives. And I cannot tell you how many times it saves me a trip to the toolbox in the garage.View attachment 1638018
Have fun, but stay out of trouble.
Lots of utility in that trio, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have an original Leatherman like yours that I used to carry in my backpack daily, but now it mostly resides on the bathroom counter.

I think this old Schrade. Looking forward to jacket weather.
nkyY0zz.jpg
Interesting and appealing knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is it a muskrat with one blade shortened for some reason, or is it designed with 2 sizes of clip blades? If the latter, does that pattern have a name?

Cassie is looking good! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Probably tighten my belt and drop this one in my pocket to start the day. If I can find someone to do a blade delete this one will get carried a lot more. 😉👍View attachment 1638066View attachment 1638065
That's some serious stag, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Nice to see the Lamb with the awesome name... Cracker jack. 🤠:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, John, the ACs are awesome lambsfoot models. 🤓:thumbsup:

These two were calling my name today... "Pick me! Pick me!"
Splendid pair, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Carrying this Remington Lumberjack with cocobolo covers today. One of the wife's girlfriends fell and broke her arm so, Cindy's going to visit her in the hospital while I stay home and play with my knives.

View attachment 1638175
View attachment 1638176
Magnificent moose, ED; really like the way the covers are flattened! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Very cool quartet Gary :cool: :thumbsup:
I appreciate the compliment, Jack. 🤓

Toting a couple of old Camillus BSA Scouts today. :)
I really admire that pair, JJ, scout's honor! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Notable pair of matched folders, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Classy and classic pattern! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Superb bone on your Case stockman, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your stag Churchill is a treasure! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Grand canine photo with hilarious caption! :cool:🤓😁

Carrying one of my Damascus Lambsfoot SFOs today, and my 'Barrett Bullet' #85 ;) Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

BA5IFXm.jpg

n9XARn8.jpg
Fancy pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

With this Portuguese knife all in stainless steel and scrimshaw.

Striking knife, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning.
mETf1f6.jpg
Your Swayback Jack is a classic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What model is the Böker??

I’ll be fiddling with this one today. 😊👍View attachment 1638656
Intriguing (and very legible 🤓) blade etch, Todd!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Spotted a little canoe floating in the bay and decided to give it a try.
s7FGR21.jpg

(and Vic Cadet)
I have a faux tortoise mini canoe like yours that I really enjoy! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Interesting and appealing knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is it a muskrat with one blade shortened for some reason, or is it designed with 2 sizes of clip blades? If the latter, does that pattern have a name?
Thanks. I love the thing, and this is how it was made. Somebody else around here has one, and knows the name. I have, of course, forgotten.
[Found it. It looks like it was tongueriver tongueriver who said it was called a "muskie".]

Last edited:
Back