What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Wow. Very unique. My grandmother is a Corgi devotee. She’s had a few show dogs including one that never competed but was the pup of two Grand Champions. He was a huge corgi. But she passed the love onto my sister. Granted, my grandmother’s pups have all been Pembroke. My sister had a Queensland Heeler/Corgi mix that had a resemblance to your doggo, that’s why I thought it was a mix.
Cool! Corgis are awesome dogs indeed… but who would’t say that of their own dog type! 😁

Spear again

numCTkc.jpg

Great photos Gary, really glad you’re enjoying those knives! 😎👍
Nice Stockman's and terrific Trappers !
Fab foursome Gary, I love RR's smooth tobacco bone :cool: :thumbsup:
I appreciate your opinions, Todd & Steve & Jack. 🤓

You're welcome, my friend.
That's still the best of the ones I gave away.
Case’s Carhartt pocketknives had a lot of unique features, the one I like most is that they very nearly returned to the short lived “new grind” on the blades. Your example is quite nice. OH
I can believe that, John! :thumbsup::cool::)
Thanks for the comment and info, Bruce. 🤓

My hair has been turning grey since I was in my 20's
By my 40's I was completely grey and people would tease me.
Now that I'm in my late 50's, people are jealous that I still have all my hair. :)
He who laughs last ... 😁:thumbsup:

I'm excited for the start of football... Go Hawks!
My Usual Lamb and Case Texas Jack will be watching the games with me.
Looks like you picked an effective pair of good luck charms! :cool::thumbsup:;)

Your Beer Barrel Böker is a classy canoe! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Gary. It's a challenge to capture the sparkle of gold glitter in the sun, without the steel bolster reflecting too much light. I had to find an area with dappled light and position the knives just so. :)
As the Jurassic Park "game warden" said to the velociraptor just before she killed him to pieces, "Clever girl!" ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Taking this Lambsfoot for a walk today. :)
You've got a groovy thing goin', JJ! :thumbsup:🤓🤓

Thanks GT. I like the Wharncliffe better than a spey on the mini trapper for my use. It's a handy pocket knife. For a long time I eschewed Case's bonestag. Then a semi- local dealer put this Barlow on sale and it impressed me so I thought I'd try it on the mini trapper. I got them both mail order, so it was luck of the draw. I'm pleased with both. I haven't looked at too many bonestags. Do they have a lot of variation like real stag?
Toting the Barlow today.
View attachment 1638877
Ha! I started going grey in my twenties also and was all grey by 50. Used to tell my friends that I didn't care if it turned grey as long as it didn't turn loose :D
The last time I got a haircut, the cosmetologist - that's what they like to be called I was so informed - anyway the cosmetologist commented that I had "Sam Elliot hair". I thought, "I'm good with that" :p
I always thought Sam Elliot had your hair, Mike! 😁
My impression of bonestag (based almost entirely on photos) is that there's quite a bit of color variation, and I don't care very much for the paler, lighter versions. :(

Charlies Barlow and a Camillus #70

b31Z7l0.jpg
Maximal blade variety and superior bone! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Grocery shopping with this baby Butterbean today.
1091662235_o.jpg
That's a colorful little canoe! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Bf6XRgc.jpg

That’s a lot of pages.
Cool "benchmark tribute", Barrett! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I feel inadequate that someone who has "5K" in his username couldn't even manage to get a post in on page 10K.o_O:mad:

I carried my swayback jack today. I didn’t get around to taking a picture until tonight in the dark
EHoaeDa.jpg
That chestnut Swayback Jack can light up the night! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Hartshead Barlow and a Stan Shaw Ruler Knife for Metal Monday :thumbsup:

5wFFASK.jpg

7r8G2q6.jpg
Great pair, Jack, including one knife to rule them all!! 🤓:thumbsup::thumbsup:

And for micarta Monday
That's a Churchill to cherish! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Not sure this is the guy you were thinking about. I got this card a long time ago. Thought it was cool being a folding card with two players.
Have a great week.
jie64hX.jpg
Very cool card, Tim! :cool::cool::thumbsup: The player on the front is definitely not Home Run Baker, and it looks like neither player made it to the majors. I didn't realize they used to have cards for players in what'd now call the minor leagues.

Had to let go of my 15yr old dog this morning. Writing has been on the wall and it was time. She sleeps peacefully in my heart now.
Travel Well and Run Free, Sugar. You are loved and not forgotten ~~~
FUrLTQM.jpg
Belated sympathy, Jim, for Sugar's passing. Sad (but kind) event, and you must have lots of great memories!

- GT

Amen to your sig line.
And nice knife.

Thank you kindly sir. I believe this is my first post in the Traditional section! When I first joined BF, I had over 200 Case knives that I had collected over the last 30 years. Ended up selling them to fund more modern knives I discovered here on BF. Slowly adding traditionals back to my pocket though!

Thank you kindly sir. I believe this is my first post in the Traditional section! When I first joined BF, I had over 200 Case knives that I had collected over the last 30 years. Ended up selling them to fund more modern knives I discovered here on BF. Slowly adding traditionals back to my pocket though!
Welcome to the sub-forum.

It has been fairly dry around here for a little while and needed to water flowers out at the end of the drive and was carrying these today . 2 of GEC's best IMHO

Harry
You'll get no argument from me on that Harry.
Welcome to the Porch. That bullnose, and the red specifically, is a great knife.

Today I'm carrying one that doesn't see much pocket time, a cocobolo 78, paired up with a micarta 06. BTW, is it Friday yet?

tKyC3J6.jpg

Back