What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carried this #54 today.

sfKtC9U.jpg

Paul, for having come from the same maker, they’re very close. But while the Craftsman is close to virginal, it’s a nail breaker to open. The Schrade has seen a lot of use, but was very well taken care of.

The thing that makes the Schrade a special one to me is that our friend Ron ~ Half/Stop pressed it into my hand when we met for breakfast only a few weeks before he passed away.

Thanks for your input Jeff. The 804 from Ron is a knife with meaning, and a knife like that is second to none. :thumbsup:

That 'Like' was for the knife, not the weather ;) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. ☺️ Gotta take the rain in stride. We have had beautiful weather and can use the rain…but 7 days may be a bit much. Haha.

I'm not telling what knife I'm carrying today. Y'all will just have to be happy with my board.

View attachment 1645503
I really appreciate this post, Ed.
Sometimes I’m embarrassed about my ‘ol knives and feel like just taking the picture with no knife.
It’s nice knowing I’m not the only one. 😜
But you have some dandies, so you shouldn’t be ashamed like me.
Thank you, Todd. :)

Great minds...
That's a super pair, Todd. 🤠:thumbsup:

And then some...
Thanks, Jack. 🤠 :thumbsup:

I'm much happier with Your Board then the Traditional Board (forum) at the moment.
At least your board isn't cluttered with spam... yet. ;)
Well, if you were on top of your game, you could have gotten four posts out of those four quotes instead of just one. Gotta pump those rookie numbers up!:rolleyes::D
VJ3PPy0.jpg

My wife surprised me with this on our honeymoon. She bought me looking at it at a outdoors store, and bought it when I went to get the car.
Hang on to that girl.

Your McCarter has a Green River look to it.
Love it.
And I agree 100% on coffee!

Thank you, Jeff. Ol’ Horace wrote that he had tried just about every knife under the sun in his camping and hunting ventures and I imagine that included some Green River types. The pattern we know as the Kephart is the knife that incorporated his preferred design philosophies and McCarter faithfully reproduced it in this knife. I think it turned out superbly.

LOL! :D Nicely matched my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I really enjoyed seeing your Needham today - a mighty knife indeed.

I went with these two today.

MYKmbtw.jpg

Back