What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I carried my recovered camco w/ caplifter today. Sorry for the bad lighting, I spent the day in the office.
jajuwK8.jpg

It looked like a beefy Lamb; must be an awesome cutter! 😁 :thumbsup:

Thank you very kindly, Jack!!! :)
A good cutter for sure JJ, and in a pinch, I don't think it'd struggle with hammering nails! :D ;) :thumbsup:
How did it get to 8pm Wednesday already?!?
Alox Knife this week is a Classic (thanks, Ken):
View attachment 1645769

non-Alox knife this week is a Vic Champion:
View attachment 1645771

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Marbles Workman trapper:
View attachment 1645772

International Knife this week is a John Watts ring opener (thanks, Jack):
View attachment 1645773

- GT
Some Old Friends there buddy :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. ☺️ Gotta take the rain in stride. We have had beautiful weather and can use the rain…but 7 days may be a bit much. Haha.
Hope you get some better weather again soon my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. I really enjoyed seeing your Needham today - a mighty knife indeed.

I went with these two today.

MYKmbtw.jpg
Thank you very much Dylan, that looks like a very capable pairing, and a handsome one :) :thumbsup:

Always mean to carry this Forum Knife more, and today seemed like a good time :) Pairing it with my regular Hartshead Barlow. Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

gBR344F.jpg

OSk8vlW.jpg

I think these quotes are from Sunday evening and Monday morning. I guess I've missed a lot of action on The Porch this week!o_O

That’s a great flotilla of canoes Gary! 5K Qs 5K Qs 😄👍
Huge and extraordinary collection of canoes, Gary.;)👍
That's quite a cool cornucopia of canoes, Gary!!! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
5K Qs 5K Qs You have more Canoes than your average boy scout camp 😁
“Well, Gary, how many canoes do you need?”

“As many as it takes.”
Thanks for the canoe comments, folks. :thumbsup:🤓
I definitely like the symmetry and smooth lines and covered tang corners of the pattern, the size of regular canoes is ideal for me, and my favorite blade shape is still a spearpoint, just like on my very first knife.
I noticed some recent activity related to the Forum knife; still not a canoe, right? ;):thumbsup:

Thanks! Yes - it's olive wood.
Thanks for the confirmation. I have several Joker folders very similar to yours, but mine are horn or stag, no wood (so far).

Thank you, Gary. I've neglected going with the theme day carry, (black fri. / wooden wed. / etc). Might just try and follow the pattern again.;)

Pocketed my newly acquired Fight'n Rooster today, along with a nice little 3-3/8" Schatt & Morgan pen knife with jigged bone covers.
View attachment 1643502
Congrats on that wood barehead Rooster, Greg; nice pair of knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Hahah scored half of that. Scored 41 LOL
Not bad!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
(Sorry for apparently calling you "Tyler", Taylor. I don't know if I actually made that mistake myself (my mind isn't what it used to be), or whether spellcheck helped me out with a "correction". 😲😁)

That's a handsome knife, Frank! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Will be out a few days for a Knee Change Out .
Harry
I hope you're dancing again before you know it, Harry! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hey, GT~ I hung on to that scrap of figured black walnut for a long time. Back in 1982 or 3, I drove a truck down in the Ozarks. One day, passing through Warsaw, Mo, I stopped for a look see at Bishop’s Gunstocks. That scrap was in the burn box. It came off of an exhibition grade gunstock.
Sounds like quite a "pedigree" for your black walnut, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I didn't realize I had such refined taste.🤓

Probably more than when I have a knife with a comb on it. 😁
😁:thumbsup:😁

I carried my Alox SAK this morning, then I had this Case pen knife the rest of the day working on a project in the yard.
4OlYSBh.jpg
I have a yellow Case pen like yours and think it's a heck of a knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Have a good week everyone :thumbsup: Starting mine with my Hartshead Barlow, and a Metal Monday Schrade Penknife, gifted to me by Charlie @waynorth :) :thumbsup:

L07Y83c.jpg

gRtTgTe.jpg
Phenomenal pair, Jack; that fancy metal Schrade is really cool! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

How about Modified Monday?
Another rescue job. Lovely old cocobolo scales, the cool little engraving on the ends of the shackle, springs strong enough for an International Harvester Loadstar 1600...
There’s a lot to like about vintage Kutmaster TL-29s.
This one had been over sharpened and inproperly sharpened, but I thought I could see an interesting shape in the remaining blade. They had also ground the screwdriver blade into something of a pointy shape, which gave me an excuse to grind on that one too.
I like fiddling around out in the garage when I could be doing boring but useful chores.View attachment 1643719View attachment 1643718
Great TL-29 mod, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'd like to try turning a screwdriver into a blade very much like yours.

High School football is a lot of fun to watch, except for the badly behaved parents that take it too seriously.

Haha... Thanks for the jinx.. 🤣
I remember wacko parents even from T-ball for 5-year-olds! 😲o_O:thumbsdown:
Sorry about your Seahawks. I wish I could actually influence, or at least predict, football results so easily in a consistent way. I've heard that would be a lucrative superpower! 🤓

- GT

Got my trusty green #71 bull nose and a remington r4243 in the pocket for the first time. Is it just me or does the steel used for the remington not like to deburr? I had a heck of a time on the main blade getting the burr off.

Back