What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This will probably be around all weekend.

nXU9TV9.jpg

Peanut of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV:
chestnut.pile.open.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is LamBarJack, my rosewood Hartshead Barlow:
hhb2.mark.Vhang.windchime.jpg

My rotation schedule had a "hole" this week in the Stag/Horn position. When I constructed the schedule, I left some spaces where I thought new knives might go, including a spot that I thought I'd have filled by now with a new-to-me stag knife. But the pandemic seems to have slowed down my acquisitions over the past year and a half. I should have just grabbed a spur-of-the-moment stag/horn substitute at the start of the week, but I didn't.

- GT

Congrats on the handsome new slip! :cool::thumbsup::cool: The drop point blade on your 74 is also notable, as is your Electrician!

- GT
Thanks GT, I got to use the reamer on the Electrician last night for a purpose I never thought I would - cleaning dirt out of a trumpet mouthpiece that dropped from the stands at a high school football game.

Carrying this sowbelly I recently received from JohnDF JohnDF today.
KA3Z2YY.jpg

Thanks GT, I got to use the reamer on the Electrician last night for a purpose I never thought I would - cleaning dirt out of a trumpet mouthpiece that dropped from the stands at a high school football game.

Carrying this sowbelly I recently received from JohnDF JohnDF today.
KA3Z2YY.jpg
Standing ovation!! I love sowbelly’s. That’s a beauty. 👏👏😎

Oh yea me too. It needs to be carried more. I plan on throwing a lamb in my pocket later today after work. No football game this….probably will be my ebony Guardians Knife.
Good choice Taylor :) :thumbsup:
Nice combination. For some reason, I had thought you were anti-Opinel, so nice to see one in the mix for you.
I have to confess Tyson, I've never been a great fan, but that's actually a saw ;) :thumbsup:
I tied up my punal in a sock to protect it in my toolbox, and forgot to bring it.
ddW81kB.jpg
That's a shame Jer, but I reckon you're covered my friend :0 :thumbsup:
There's my favorite couple. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks pal :D I was hoping to get some more pics of my Glennbad Biscuit today, out in the woods, but every photo I took is out of focus 🤨
Thank you, Jack. :thumbsup: The RR got a dye treatment by me to give the bone that mottled look.
I like how you started your day earlier, black coffee and Black Friday knives. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Same two for me as yesterday, pile side pic for today.
View attachment 1647129
Nice job :cool: That's a great-looking pair :) :thumbsup:
Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is an Imperial serpentine jack that my wife's father used to carry and gave to her when he got a new knife. She put it at my place at the kitchen table on a day in January 2014, and it got me re-interested in pocket knives, led me to Blade Forums, and inspired me to buy a couple of hundred other folding pocket knives!
View attachment 1647130

- GT
I've always liked that knife Gary, but didn't know the entire back story, which makes it even cooler :) :thumbsup:
Out of here early tomorrow, to watch one of my grandsons play soccer.
These will be along with me. JohnDF JohnDF convinced me I should be carrying the Jerry Halfrich Rounder. ;)
xcFdynF.jpg
Sounds like a lot of fun Gary, have a great time amigo :cool: :thumbsup:
Plenty of yard work is on the schedule today, so I have a couple of good workers with me.
Solid pair of workers there John :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, John. The other tool is a piece of metal tubing that I use to put on the t-post clips. Same idea as the screw driver - hook the clip on the wire, put the tube through the loop on the clip and wrap it around the wire. On most of the clips we get, the hook end isn’t very hooked, so the tubing also allows you to bend that end around the wire more by putting the tubing over the end of it and bending. The handle was a chunk of walnut I had and was a way to try out my lathe when I first got it.
I was wondering about that too, pretty cool :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
I envy your double stag day, and admire your colorful little hand tools! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks a lot buddy, I wish I could have got some more pics of them together today, but my camera was giving me problems :( :thumbsup:
Toting this stag covered Lambsfoot today. :)
Nice pic JJ :) I like carrying two, but one is all anyone really needs ;) :thumbsup:
Peanut of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV:
View attachment 1647589

Lambsfoot of the Week is LamBarJack, my rosewood Hartshead Barlow:
View attachment 1647590

My rotation schedule had a "hole" this week in the Stag/Horn position. When I constructed the schedule, I left some spaces where I thought new knives might go, including a spot that I thought I'd have filled by now with a new-to-me stag knife. But the pandemic seems to have slowed down my acquisitions over the past year and a half. I should have just grabbed a spur-of-the-moment stag/horn substitute at the start of the week, but I didn't.

- GT
Delightful duo Gary :) The pandemic has certainly slowed down my acquisitions :( :thumbsup:
A treasured gift from my brother Duncan :cool: :thumbsup:

CAmdjg.jpg
Fantastic Paul :) :thumbsup:

Back