What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.
HZwPCQB.jpg

Jeez, this thread moves fast 🏎️
LOL! :D Thanks a lot mate, I enjoyed getting out, but had to avoid stiles and steep slopes! :) :thumbsup:
I didn't realize you were injured. Get well soon. On the good side I had to look up "stiles" and I learned a new word :thumbsup::) I've used stiles, but always just called them "stairs over the fence". Hillbillies :rolleyes: :p
Made it home and decided to munch on some of my buddies homemade elk sausage. Small Tinker helped slice it. I was too lazy to grab a block of cheese out of the garage fridge so sliced will have to do.

F0780981-F630-44-AA-BC6-D-A33061-A1-B21-A.jpg
I've eaten a lot of homemade deer sausage, but the only elk sausage I've had came from an elk farm. I liked it. That looks great food.gif

Thanks, Jon. 🤓 It's a Rawlings tri-fold that was on clearance once at my local grocery and everything else store, and I bought it to be a "knife wallet". The "stitching" is a real bonus.
View attachment 1648743

- GT
Great idea 😍

I was at the shore this weekend with my family.
Went fishing with my son, didn’t catch much though. Fun just the same.
Had a couple knives with me but I used my WalMart Special Buck 110lt mostly.
What a great thrifty (cheap) knife.
great steel, easy to keep sharp, stainless, and easy to wash out the blood and guts without fretting about what I’m doing to the “rare and unobtainable Zambezi wood” covers plus it’s really light for a 3.75 inch blade
View attachment 1648773View attachment 1648774
yeah, being outside is good!

GP
Great pic
The Buck LT's (and the slims too) are the best bang for the buck out there. Cheap and well made. I have several :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Too bad buck discontinued the 112LT :( I find myself carrying it more than the 110.

DLT SFO Buck 501 for micarta Monday
Buck501s35vn-11.JPG

Well it is now today and yesterday you were going to TAG-A-LONG to Mrs. Fleschwund's company party , so how did you get-a-long Tag ????
I like your big Vic or Wenger ??? I really don't know them that well , but it does look comfortable for the hand and sometime I just need a Big Blade .

Harry
That is a Victorinox, Harry. I know you’re not usually a Swiss Army Knife toter, but you’d probably like this size. They have had a bit of trouble deciding what to call this one. It was the Walker, then the Picnicker~ or vice versa.
It’s only two layers, so it’s slim and carries well.

1632750370641.jpeg
Here’s a pic off the web of the big Wenger Ranger I have. They made a bunch of variations, but this one suits me. It’s two layers, EDIT: three layers! and 130mm long. Best for sheath carry if you like skinny pants. The saw on this one is big enough to actually be useful. I’ve used it to free my chainsaw blade when “in a pinch”.

The company picnic was really nice, highlighted for Vickie when she was introducing me to the owner, and he told her “wow, you’re really doing great!”

Last edited:
I carried my Alox SAK today and continued working on the backyard construction project. It’s starting to come together now.
rDbSIIe.jpg
“Dad of the Decade” award for that project! Your son will remember and talk about the “half-pipe my dad built” for the rest of his life! Legendary Sacto! 👏👏😎👏👏
Cool pic Todd! :) :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! 👍
Dandy dark duo, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT
Thanks Gary! That wallet is really cool!
😎👍
Happy Monday everybody
Love that knife John, and I don’t think the covers look at like vinyl flooring! 😉👍
I was at the shore this weekend with my family.
Went fishing with my son, didn’t catch much though. Fun just the same.
Had a couple knives with me but I used my WalMart Special Buck 110lt mostly.
What a great thrifty (cheap) knife.
great steel, easy to keep sharp, stainless, and easy to wash out the blood and guts without fretting about what I’m doing to the “rare and unobtainable Zambezi wood” covers plus it’s really light for a 3.75 inch blade
View attachment 1648773View attachment 1648774
yeah, being outside is good!

GP
Beautiful photo Grease! 😎👍

Back