What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Pic is from the weekend, but still carrying the Bull Nose.

LcKJAxo.jpg

Last edited:
Pic is from the weekend, but still carrying the Bull Buster.

LcKJAxo.jpg
Hope you didn't use that double barrel on that squirrel...I'm guessing not since the squirrel looks to be in one piece lol :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Or is that squirrel just cuddling with the shotty? 😁

Sweet firearms Macchina Macchina

Hope the tung oil helps polish the Polish covers, Jack! ;):thumbsup:
Bewitching brace of black beauties! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you Gary, it's looking a lot better :) I'm probably going to add a few more coats, a slow process with pur tung oil, but it's pleasant to use :thumbsup:
Looks like you were well-prepared, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My middle-name! :rolleyes: :D Oh, actually, I forgot, it's 'Danger'! :D :D Honest! ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jon. 🤓 It's a Rawlings tri-fold that was on clearance once at my local grocery and everything else store, and I bought it to be a "knife wallet". The "stitching" is a real bonus.
View attachment 1648743

- GT
I like your wallet Gary :) :thumbsup:
I love the look of the Black Box Winchesters, especially when they're so well photographed :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)

That's me every day. ;)

That picture really shows off the stag. 🤠:thumbsup:
Ouch! Not easy is it mate? ;) Thank you John :) :thumbsup:
Beautiful photo :cool: :thumbsup:

I didn't realize you were injured. Get well soon. On the good side I had to look up "stiles" and I learned a new word :thumbsup::) I've used stiles, but always just called them "stairs over the fence". Hillbillies :rolleyes: :p
Thanks buddy, just wear and tear really, but you can't get to the docs for love nor money here right now (or for the past 18 months) :rolleyes: LOL! :D Well I guess you don't come across them too often, hopefully :) There are millions of miles of stone walls and fences going all over this crowded little country. Access to private land is incredibly limited, but there are public footpaths, which often pre-date the enclosures. There are less stiles each year, which isn't a bad thing for me, and you rarely see two exactly the same. They're one of the things that visitors to this country notice most it seems (along with roundabouts, and driving on the other side of the road)! :D :thumbsup:

toda1652.jpg

toda1654.jpg

Good Monday to all. :)
After a rainy morning, an afternoon where the sun and the clouds fight for the sky. ⛅

27_09_11.jpg
I love your photos my friend :) :thumbsup:
A venerable gentleman Rachel :) :thumbsup:
SJC 71 for micarta Monday

51519797945_9912cf7c26_k.jpg
Nice photo, and a great-looking knife :) I couldn't help, but admire the shirt though! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

One of Jeff's Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund knives in his picture above is an Easy Open Jack, which reminded me of my Imperial Easy Open Jack so, I'm gonna tote my Imperial Easy Open Jack with green bone covers today. Too early for a beer Jeff so, I'm raising a cup of coffee to you.

View attachment 1648873
I’m honored, Amigo.
Nice Impie. I have a Camillus, which I’m totin today, and at the last Badger Knife Show (before the viral lockdowns), attending with Old Engineer Old Engineer , Half/Stop Half/Stop , and their best halves, I lucked into a pristine Pal EO for dirt cheap. I had thought about getting an Imperial to complete the set of Navy contractors, but I am a user, not a collector, and I will never use these two up.
Might have to tote the Pal tomorrow!

After I discovered the Traditional Porch and started carrying my old Schrades again, the Camillus was the first vintage slipjoint I bought on the auction site. I could have stopped there and been well served with this one, but you all are a bunch of enablers.
Funny. The auction ended on this knife during a friend’s wedding reception. I recall holding the phone under the table placing my bid. The marraige did not survive, but I still love the knife:D

Last edited:
Thanks buddy, just wear and tear really, but you can't get to the docs for love nor money here right now (or for the past 18 months) :rolleyes: LOL! :D Well I guess you don't come across them too often, hopefully :) There are millions of miles of stone walls and fences going all over this crowded little country. Access to private land is incredibly limited, but there are public footpaths, which often pre-date the enclosures. There are less stiles each year, which isn't a bad thing for me, and you rarely see two exactly the same. They're one of the things that visitors to this country notice most it seems (along with roundabouts, and driving on the other side of the road)! :D :thumbsup:

Cool links. Quite the variety. Mark Twain National Forest is scattered out all over the state of Missouri. Stiles are not common, but in various places I have used the ladder type where trails cross private land for a ways.

Cool links. Quite the variety. Mark Twain National Forest is scattered out all over the state of Missouri. Stiles are not common, but in various places I have used the ladder type where trails cross private land for a ways.
Every inch of land here is privately owned, so for most of the country access is very limited. Stiles are often badly maintained, covered in barbed-wire, or missing altogether, and they can be downright dangerous, as I found out just before Christmas when a badly broken stile caused me to injure my back, and I was in agony over the holiday. If I hadn't had my walking staff with me, it could have been a lot worse :(

I would love to wander like that :) :thumbsup:

Two stunning Schrades JJ, beautifully photographed :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very kindly, Jack!!! :)
Starting off the week with my trusty Hartshead Barlow, and a Brazilian Jack for Metal Monday :thumbsup: Have a good week :thumbsup:

X64tBc8.jpg

25I8fhd.jpg
Quite an interesting and unusual "Metal Monday" jack to pair with your Hartshead Barlow beauty; you have quite a cool collection, Jack! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back