What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Hi,
Thank you very much, I am trying to improve the quality, they are not always ideal, there is work to do. The knives help a lot. ;)

toda1656.jpg

toda1657.jpg

Return of the sun, autumn light on maple burl.
Beautiful day to all 😎
You have very high standards my friend :) And beautiful knives :thumbsup:
Those two look good together Jer, it's like Paul and Stevie all over again! :D :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. He'll be with me again today.
QrGQQGR.jpg
Nice photo Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Carrying a Craftsman 95024 Gentlemen’s Jack Knife, advertisement from a Fall 1975 catalog (cut found on AAPK). Sears also used the same descriptive term for a 4” Texas Jack pocketknife from the same A.C.A. series. OH
Craftsman-ACA-Fall-1975.jpg

Craftsman_95024_A.C.A._EDGE.jpg
That’s the precise time that I was working at Sears in the paint and hardware department. Through high school and college. The black delrin, gold eagle shield Amazing Cutting Actions bring back a lot of memories.
Got my Usual Lamb paired with a recent addition, a wonderful gift from Taylor tmd_87 tmd_87
Gorgeous Queen! I love the rounded bolster with the understated logo stamp, and the bone is beautiful.

I switched to my other EO Navy Jack today, and also this Craftsman “Bowie Stock Knife”.
Same Vic Camper.01E5AB7F-76B1-46C4-A88B-753AAE03900D.jpeg7B87C88C-6CFB-4498-B666-119AA9BAC30B.jpeg

Alox of the Week is a Vic Electrician, the first Alox knife I ever had, a gift that arrived almost exactly 7 years ago (thanks, Greg). Still probably my favorite Alox model that I think of as a Victorinox cattle knife.
electrician.leaves.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit, modified for whittling (thanks to a different Greg):
recruit.blade.with.bust.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is a no-name souvenir scout knife:
UPsak.mark.closed.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an Opinel #7 that lives in a kitchen drawer except for when its turn comes up in the weekly rotation schedule:
opinel#7.veggies.jpg

- GT

You have very high standards my friend :) And beautiful knives :thumbsup:
Thank you very much. 😊
I have improved a bit, my first pictures of knives were often not very attractive (it still happens and I realize it sometimes too late after having inflicted them on others).
I try as much as possible to be at the height of the work of the creator of the knife and to pass on the beauty of his knowledge and the materials used. It is not always easy because I did not study photography, I lack patience and rigor. And especially that I do not have the artistic fiber that some people have when they take a picture.
But I am happy that you find pleasure in looking at my knives through my pictures and I thank you for pointing it out to me regularly.
It is all the more pleasant as you often show us beautiful knives and beautiful pictures as well as many interesting anecdotes.
Have a nice day. 🙂

Back