What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Excellent choice in hats, Jack.
I bet it makes you wish you were fishin'.

Sweet gloves and Lamb, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks pal, it does! :D The hat was a freebie when I bought my Barbour jacket from Orvis. Hat's going strong, jacket is on it's last legs - "A jacket for life" my backside! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Got my Usual Lamb paired with a recent addition, a wonderful gift from Taylor tmd_87 tmd_87
A generous gift, which pairs well with your regular Lamb John :) :thumbsup:
An earlyish Oeser in warm Westinghouse today

VERY attractive :cool: :thumbsup:
Alox of the Week is a Vic Electrician, the first Alox knife I ever had, a gift that arrived almost exactly 7 years ago (thanks, Greg). Still probably my favorite Alox model that I think of as a Victorinox cattle knife.
View attachment 1649460
Electrician is a winner Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much. 😊
I have improved a bit, my first pictures of knives were often not very attractive (it still happens and I realize it sometimes too late after having inflicted them on others).
I try as much as possible to be at the height of the work of the creator of the knife and to pass on the beauty of his knowledge and the materials used. It is not always easy because I did not study photography, I lack patience and rigor. And especially that I do not have the artistic fiber that some people have when they take a picture.
But I am happy that you find pleasure in looking at my knives through my pictures and I thank you for pointing it out to me regularly.
It is all the more pleasant as you often show us beautiful knives and beautiful pictures as well as many interesting anecdotes.
Have a nice day. 🙂
I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys your photos, you're very modest my friend :) Thank you for your kind words :thumbsup:

Nice pair! What is the cover material on the Kroo?

ncDyZyT.jpg

I have a Voos jack keeping me company today.
Quite the looker there. :thumbsup:

BYe7IrN.jpg

Anyone headed to Blade Show West this year? Will be my first time attending. Going to try to score a Pena Knives Raptor. Do you recommend going the first or second day? Not trying to camp out 😂

Also, I just scored a Rust Orange Bone #86 from KSF. If I scrolled through the email long enough I would’ve seen the Green Micarta they listed as well and would’ve had to take time to think which one I should go for - and probably would’ve not scored any 😆 golly they went fast, hope I made the right decision.

BYe7IrN.jpg

Anyone headed to Blade Show West this year? Will be my first time attending. Going to try to score a Pena Knives Raptor. Do you recommend going the first or second day? Not trying to camp out 😂

Also, I just scored a Rust Orange Bone #86 from KSF. If I scrolled through the email long enough I would’ve seen the Green Micarta they listed as well and would’ve had to take time to think which one I should go for - and probably would’ve not scored any 😆 golly they went fast, hope I made the right decision.
The time to buy them is when you see them available . I think made the right decision .

Harry

Toting my little Buck 55 which this evening I took to "the next level" :D

v1uS3eZ.jpg

KircSjT.jpg

SwHFlVQ.jpg
Beautiful edge Dan! 😎👍
Got my Usual Lamb paired with a recent addition, a wonderful gift from Taylor tmd_87 tmd_87
Wow! That’s a great looking barlow John, well done Taylor tmd_87 tmd_87 . 👏👏👏
Alox of the Week is a Vic Electrician, the first Alox knife I ever had, a gift that arrived almost exactly 7 years ago (thanks, Greg). Still probably my favorite Alox model that I think of as a Victorinox cattle knife.
View attachment 1649460

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit, modified for whittling (thanks to a different Greg):
View attachment 1649461

Bailed non-SAK this week is a no-name souvenir scout knife:
View attachment 1649462

International Knife of the Week is an Opinel #7 that lives in a kitchen drawer except for when its turn comes up in the weekly rotation schedule:
View attachment 1649463

- GT
Great knives Gary, really like the picture of your Electrician. Nice whittling job! 😎👍

Back