What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

AnWbnYR.jpg

Thanks, Jack. :) I showed that knife to my father-in-law once, hoping to get more details about it, but he didn't seem to remember it.:( He's well into his 90s, though, so that's probably not surprising.
That's a shame Gary, we lose so much to the mists of time :(
Marvelous moose, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you my friend, it's a knife I really like :) :thumbsup:
Jack, your stag HHB is as stunning as ever, and that's the first Brazilian folder I've ever seen! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks again pal :) That's only the second Brazilian folder I've seen myself, the other being a Tramontina-markeds Pruner, I gave away to a neighbour :thumbsup:

w4utV7p.jpg

Both TC and dog are handsome hiking companions!
Thank you from me and Bluey. :)
Of all my GEC's this one is my designated beater John, but a great knife IMO. :) The day I received it new I accidentally dropped it on concrete and put a small dent in the end cap.
The next day it was all I had in my pocket while at my daughters and used it to removed caulking from her tub to re caulk it. Scratched up the pen blade good. ;) It's solidly built with good blade action and sharpens easily, nice one to have in the pocket when dirty work comes up.
Sounds like the perfect way to break in a new knife. 🤠:thumbsup:
Nice to see the Big 'Un. Have a great day, Jack. :):thumbsup:

The bullnose has officially become her dedicated Apple knife. Not sure if you can see all the drool on the floor in anticipation of her daily apple…

LcwhOV5.jpg

nx6TxrZ.jpg

6vVsu8t.jpg
Nice knife, super cute pup, gotta love a dog that eats apples! 😎👍
Good suggestion, Todd. Maybe I'll start calling that big pearl canoe the Love Boat! 🤓😁
Aye Aye Captain! 👨‍✈️👍
I agree that RR has good fake tortoise, and I've seen that Marbles has some tortoise knives that I expect to be similar.

- GT
They do Gary, I have a couple, a sleeve board whittler and a jumbo trapper. The whittler is really nice, the jumbo isn’t that great. I’ll have to take a few pictures for Thrifty Thursday. 😊👍

AnWbnYR.jpg

Nice knives M Marlingspike12 , I need to get my Otter out more often, they really are nice work knives. 😎👍

Got these two wooden beauties with me today. Having a few beers down at our lakeside bar with a buddy I teach with after basketball practice tonight. We call it a “Teacher’s Workshop,” sometimes we call it “Professional Development!” 😄 Either way the cap lifter on this little Boker will come in handy. 😉👍786E5A76-5D8B-4F27-B49B-E9BBB4778738.jpeg

Fabulous photos, those Ancient Barlows are cool knives :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words on the photos and the knife, Jack. I agree, the Ancient Barlows were well done. I really does feel like having an old knife.

I love seeing that Glennbad Biscuit. Too bad the new pictures didn't turn out.

Looks like a fun project! Do you need to talk to your insurance agent about a special "rider" on your homeowners policy? o_O;)
I like the seed corn sign on your fence! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT
Thanks, Gary. It been fun so far, until I thought about the insurance. o_O
The corn sign came from one of my Grandpa's corn fields in Iowa. Nice hat!

Back