What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Wooden Wednesday - With the short week here we're not quite halfway to the weekend, but it feels like it :D

8WtL4zq.jpg

5707FD6B-0937-4937-9682-AB021FCE4B7D.jpegFoggy at coffee time.6983E330-EC87-404E-A6FE-43F11ADB56E3.jpegBeing retired, I no longer use phrases like hump day, thank God it’s Friday, or blue Monday. But I like to keep track of the days if only to help in knife choices. Not having a Wood Whittler, I had to take one of each.930A8EC7-D076-4160-B429-FDAF6377AEF2.jpegWe are close to the blade tip. Yesterday, we set the gps to try to find Amicalola Falls, but only a mile down the road, saw a sign pointing up a track into Chattahootchie National Forest saying Swinging Bridge on Toccoa River, so up we went.
The road was four or five miles, and was just about at the limit of where you should try taking a rental Chrysler Pacifica mini van, but we arrived at road’s end without getting stuck or banging up the van. Then it was an hour or so hike to get to the river. Quite worth it, and I was proud of my daughter. Between knee surgery and wonky depth perception, she can be unsure of her footing. But she did great. Here she is on a chair carved out of a big ‘ol log on the trail. 2D79736F-C76E-487A-AB2D-09863859E380.jpegAnd here’s the river from the bridge. My photo fails to capture just how violent and powerful that water looks. It’s really impressive. If I lived around here, I’d fish it often.
There was a guy out in it fishing, just to the right of the post in my photo. He didn’t really look like he knew what he was doing, and actually almost fell several times. A+ for effort, though!1C49AE74-FCC1-4948-B2F7-31CCF761A548.jpegGotta go. Girls finally woke up and want French Toast.

Today is the U. S. Navy's Birthday !!!!!!!!! Established - October 13, 1775 so, I'm carrying my Shellback token along with the 2021 BF knife and going to the Wagon Wheel Cafe to celebrate and wearing the hat that's on my head in my Avatar. GO NAVY !!!!!!

2021 BF Knife 5 .jpg
000 U. S. Navy .jpg

Today is the U. S. Navy's Birthday !!!!!!!!! Established - October 13, 1775 so, I'm carrying my Shellback token along with the 2021 BF knife and going to the Wagon Wheel Cafe to celebrate and wearing the hat that's on my head in my Avatar. GO NAVY !!!!!!

View attachment 1659492
View attachment 1659493
My grandad was in the Royal Navy on convoys to Russia,Gibralter etc. in WW2 he was on HMS Witch.

Enjoy your lunch and celebrations,be good to see some old photos.

Back