What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Jolipapa Jolipapa - nice Buck Knife! I'm carrying a Buck today as well, 1990 built 303 Cadet. OH
Buck_303X_1990.jpg

Why not go all out, GT? There’s a chain of steakhouses in Arizona (based in CA, I think) called Black Angus. 😉 😁
Thanks for the info, Barrett! Since so much of my life has been "virtual" for the past couple of years, maybe I don't have to actually go there in person. Just bring up the logo on my computer, hold up my Black Angus knife, and take a photo - Voila! :thumbsup::cool: 😁 Like the old Ma Bell long distance phone ads used to say, "The next best thing to being there!"

Lambsfoot of the Week is an A. Wright & Son rosewood lambsfoot that I call Union Jack. My wife and daughter bought it for me in Barnitt's hardware store in York, England:
View attachment 1656829

- GT

Very cool tie Sir, and Lambsfoot too!
Thanks for the positive feedback on both tie and knife, Sven! :)

Happy Thanksgiving to our resident Canucks! :) Have a good week everyone :) Starting mine with my Hartshead Barlow, and a Metal Monday Harrison Fisher Ruler Knife :thumbsup:
Stag HHB is always fantastic, and I enjoy seeing your variety of ruler knives, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

They are fake... still waiting for our leaves to turn here.
Thanks for the info, John. Not much leaf color for us yet either, but I imagine color and defoliage will occur rapidly over the next couple of weeks.

Monday again...
Hey! That's what I'm talking about! Great to see a classic knife-on-a-post shot, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really like that classic cheerful yellow Case sowbelly stockman! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Gary 5K Qs 5K Qs 5K Qs 5K Qs it’s my understanding the 2AB stands for 2 acorn barlow or 2 acorn bolster. I guess we get to take our pick. 😊 And yes, it’s a big one! Really like it. 👍
Thanks for helping me out with the acronym, Todd. I should do a better job of keeping up with all things GEC. :rolleyes: 🤓

View attachment 1658178View attachment 1658177View attachment 1658172

Don’t need a $500 Beer Scout! Have a great Columbus Day!
Classy mini trapper with bottle opener, LT! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I haven't had a Carlsberg in probably 45 years.

Thanks Gary, it's such a great knife, slim and sharp ;) I hope your enjoying retirement :thumbsup:
I'm still working part time, Paul, and glad I'm doing it. I like having a reason to get out and about most days. 🤓

Thanks GT. Now, since when has not having a use for a knife kept anyone on the Porch from acquiring one??
Good point, Bruce! ;) 😁

I tried to keep up with likin y’alls knife photos, but we’ve been on the road, doing some visiting, and more on the road. I carried my usual TL-29 and Wenger along with my Schrade Scrimshaw Serpentine Jack for the first two days, and today I swapped the Schrade for the lambfoot I brought along. I also have an Ek Bowie along, because why not.
Quick shot from Saturday before we left of some of the favorites I could live with if they were all I could possess.:oops:View attachment 1658642Finally settled in, got the grill going, and some vegetables on the stove, and watching the sun getting ready to set. The knife, a Klein, performed cooking duties just fine.View attachment 1658643I sure like this part of the US of A.
Watching the light come up on a cloudy and cool morning in North Georgia. View attachment 1658782I’m enjoying that first cup of strong, black coffee, waiting for the girls to wake up so we can pow wow and figure out our fun stuff for the day. They asked for blueberry pancakes this morning, so I’ll be getting busy in a bit.
Using these today...View attachment 1658781View attachment 1658783Enjoy your day!
Looks like you've got nice accommodations for your adventure, Jeff; I'm enjoying your reports from the field! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Stag 25 today
That stag 25 sheepsfoot is a real jewel! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Carrying my Hartshead Barlow again, and a Random Tuesday 'lucky dip' from Albacete ;) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:
Delightful double stag carry, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Have a Terrific Trapper Tuesday
Outstanding Osage Orange! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Elegant whittler! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: When you post shots like that one, I usually play "Where's Waldo?", except it's "Where are Travman's white dog and black dog?" Can't find them today, though! o_O 🤓

I like both the Electrician and the Pioneer.
I think, if I had to, I would choose the Pioneer because it reminds me of the old Scout Knives.
Thanks, John. I like both models, but probably lean more toward the Electrician for the TWO knife blades. :thumbsup: 🤓

- GT

Watch Pocket Knife this week is a super-slender Colonial jack (thanks, Mark):
col.jack.mark.open.shelf.jpg

Big Knife this week is a Rough Rider all-stainless melon tester:
melon.pile.open.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a walnut Rogers jigged bone mini copper lock from Case (thanks, Greg):
mark.open.mood.jpg

- GT

Cool and a little foggy this morning, as you can see in this view from the porch swing.F731CFF5-170A-4B23-8E61-580C5AB6D81D.jpeg
Actually, while typing this, it’s gotten foggier, so that I can’t see the mountain at all.
But it’s supposed to get to 79f for a high~ just right, if maybe a bit warm for hiking. We have to choose between several nearby waterfalls today.
Working my way through a small handfull of favorites, knives that nearly always make me realize I don’t need a dresser drawer full to be happy. Today’s tote is a Camillus no.23 jack. Big and homely. And just perfect to me.DC944445-608E-437E-91D5-D7ADEC920681.jpegThe morning dew is heavy here. I had to flip the swing cushions over before sitting down. Just a few noisy crows around, we’ll see if they like music. I brought my Gibson along on this trip, and glad I did. At 66 years old, it’s sounding better than ever.B1AD1D7F-9400-45D0-B25C-44BEFBF8F379.jpegHope you have a fine day.

Attachments

• DC4C1120-A5B9-4DCE-9DCC-9CFDC74AC54B.jpeg
    DC4C1120-A5B9-4DCE-9DCC-9CFDC74AC54B.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 2
Back