What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

tNWRnVs.jpg

This one spent some time with the Arkansas stones yesterday so it’s riding in my pocket today.

You better not let our friend who gives away a slip every month see that.o_O;)
I've seen JohnDF's, I mean, our friends collection of novelty knives and always admired them 👍;)

It is a Hammer Brand and has a cap lifter, but Hoppalong has an amazing history also. Among his many achievements, he built an amusement park called Hoppyland in Lake LosAngeles (now Marina Del Rey) and Venice Beach in 1951.
WrUQ9nk.jpg

EIzkYBt.jpg

I've seen JohnDF's, I mean, our friends collection of novelty knives and always admired them 👍;)

It is a Hammer Brand and has a cap lifter, but Hoppalong has an amazing history also. Among his many achievements, he built an amusement park called Hoppyland in Lake LosAngeles (now Marina Del Rey) and Venice Beach in 1951.
WrUQ9nk.jpg

EIzkYBt.jpg
That is very cool. I’m born and raised in Los Angeles and this is my first time hearing about this amusement park. Thanks for sharing!

EIzkYBt.jpg

I love the two references on the “trolley” - Fontaine Fox’s Toonerville Trolley comic strip and Jack Benny’s train station announcement - (courtesy of Mel Blanc) -“Now leaving on track seven for Anaheim, Azusa, and Cuc ...... amonga.”

Knife and trolley content.....
9G9FDBQ.jpg

You want traditional,you can’t handle traditional (name that film).

English traditions that are waning but some of us still fly the flag for.

Traditional un cut farmhouse white loaf and bread board.

Traditional pint of milk delivered to my door step.

Traditional cup of tea in bone china mug (I should have used loose leaf tea in a tea pot)

Traditional French knife a bit out of place but hey ho.

ooooh... Yours is in really good condition... Very nice! 🤠 :thumbsup:
You better not let our friend who gives away a slip every month see that
Too late, I saw it. ;)
I've looked at them on auction several times, but they either went for too much $$$ or were in terrible condition.
That would make an excellent golf carry.
Hopefully it was able to cut your handicap down a little (groan).
I've seen JohnDF's, I mean, our friends collection of novelty knives and always admired them
I really like the cowboy novelty knives.
They remind me of better times and all the fun I had when I was younger.
he built an amusement park called Hoppyland
How did I not know about this??? So cool. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Is that your original Hartshead, or an alien pod replicant? :eek: 😜 ;)

Back