What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

We really need to change the name to Run-Pass-Kick-Tackle-Ball... but that's a little too long.

You may be waiting a while, I'm postponing it so Barrett can get his going first... his was more organized and included more people.

Such a great knife, I wish more people would make a Jack with that blade combo. 🤠 :thumbsup:
John, we could achieve accuracy and brevity by re-naming it Felons In Tights!

Just poking fun at you sportsfans. I used to really like watching football. But it all went downhill after January, 1986.😉 Of course, that was the highpoint of the sport.
That was about when the McCaskeys fired the Honeybears, leaving only...

Men in tights.😞

You beat me to it about 5K Qs 5K Qs Schrade jack. That and the 77 are two I’ve liked the looks of for awhile.

IMG_20191129_201359_copy_1209x907.jpg

Back with my trusty companion. I much prefer the look and feel from having the nail marks facing the same side. I'm excited to see if the pony jack can give this 44 a long deserved break from pocket duty.

I already know I enjoyed toting the 66 calf roper jack which I think should give me a predetermined feel for the 68 minus the serpentine shape. The only thing I found silly was having to flip the knife to get at the pen secondary in the 66 Jack. Although having both blades on opposite sides should benefit the user with longevity as the blades wear down and access to the nail mark isn't obstructed. But I guess I'll deal with that when the time comes. Don't mind me just typing out loud. Lol 🤣

It seems more appropriate to use the forum knife than keep as a collection piece. And a very practical knife to use it is.

View attachment 1664674

I did a quick and dirty polished edge on it last night. 1095 responds well to this method.

View attachment 1664675
That's a great looking edge on an already beautiful knife! That tiny bit of recurve give ya any trouble?

I like the blue stitching. It adds a nice little bit of color.
Thanks. I keep experimenting with different materials and techniques.
I actually found a way to clean up the edge dye on that one and will post it tomorrow.
we could achieve accuracy and brevity by re-naming it Felons In Tights
Sad but true for some of them. :(
Never understood why multi-million dollar athletes felt the need to live like thugs.
IMG_20191129_201359_copy_1209x907.jpg
That's the best thing about the Gunstock pattern, you get both pulls on the same side and the nicks never blocked each other. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Your photos make all your knives look good, but that smooth bone really "Pops" 😄

That’d be neat to see a photo of your trapper. GEC wrote “Strawberry Sundae” on the cap but the totals page is listed as Strawberry shortcake.
Homemade from a kit, not GEC. I did the best I could. I think it could be shined some more but my wife is happy with it. I used a resin pen blank I bought at the woodworking shop about an hour away. I think it goes nicely with the steel color. I'd like to try the same material again with brass, too. I hope you like it.

Attachments

• PXL_20211021_143843910_1.jpg
    PXL_20211021_143843910_1.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20211021_143819495_1.jpg
    PXL_20211021_143819495_1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20211021_143809741_1.jpg
    PXL_20211021_143809741_1.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 16
Back