What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Have a great week folks :) Starting mine with my Bagpipe Ebony Lambsfoot SFO, and a Metal Monday Case Penknife :thumbsup:

knfVLh9.jpg

MR3kJZ8.jpg
Excellent pairing with your Bagpipe Ebony Lambsfoot beauty and that cool metal Case pen! 😁 :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is a really nice looking Barlow, Paul, I really like the red bone. I wasn't able to keep track of ALL the variants they released when they brought the Barlow out of the vault a couple years back - is that one from the recent runs or older?

The AJ continues to be my carry choice - it's a hard one to beat right now. Experiencing some high quality "Oregon sunshine" right now so an indoor pic will have to suffice.

AT1QDBs.jpg
Thanks Dylan, (IF) I'm correct this is a 2007? It's a really nice Barlow, I love that it's a nice dark red and the pocket worn makes for a nice worry stone feel, she's solid and sharp and that's all good :cool: I ALWAYS enjoy your carry's and the pic's of them, ya got skills in the photo department :thumbsup: :)
38 Orchard Gem, Charlie sure knows how to get great jigging from our friends at GEC!
nr1TVDw.jpg
Dave, those Orchard Gem/Farmers Jacks are the best, I NEVER knew I'd like them anywhere near what I do and they proved it one summer when I built my decks. It was like the carpentry gnomes stole my pencil EVERY time I needed it so the main blade became a scribe and worked extremely well. You have a beauty there!!!

Thank you also, as I found my 73 and just put it into my rotation :thumbsup:

There was quite a bit of flooding around after the big storm we had. I couldn’t even get into one of the places I went to check. This is the road in front of the gate. I wasn’t as bold as this car, so I parked on high ground and walked.
ctVNLeA.jpg

I was carrying the forum knife again today.
5iKeknQ.jpg

Dave, those Orchard Gem/Farmers Jacks are the best, I NEVER knew I'd like them anywhere near what I do and they proved it one summer when I built my decks. It was like the carpentry gnomes stole my pencil EVERY time I needed it so the main blade became a scribe and worked extremely well. You have a beauty there!!!

Thank you also, as I found my 73 and just put it into my rotation :thumbsup:
Thanks Paul !!!, I always admired your antique yellow FJ (hope I remember correctly) everytime you posted it, what a beauty and truth be told, the one I wanted. And,,, it always seems to gets better with age.

Glad you found your 73, I remember it having amazing stag. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going back to these for the rest of the year, I think.
Tideoute 828318 Dixie Stockman, and Northfield UN-X-LD 852211 Harness Jack in my pocket, C&C SFO Buck 110 with "oak" covers and 5160 blade, on my belt.
View attachment 1667793View attachment 1667794
The Dixie's looking very much at home with you, a beautiful knife and a bit different too :cool:

I see a SPIDER moving up....I was the only one of my family not to be totally horrified by them and was detailed aged 5 onwards to remove them humanely out of everybody's sight :D Spiders/insects never horrified me -unless the biting type- but big snakes make me a bit uneasy:eek: Which is why I'm fascinated/appalled by meako meako collection of huge serpents.

Thanks, Will

Alox Knife of the Week is this 1986 Soldier (thanks, Ken):
soldier.mark.4open.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Huntsman:
huntsman.open.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is an Imperial BSA knife (thanks, Paul):
imp.bsa.mark.open.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a massively modified Opinel #8 (thanks, Dave):
opinel#8.jpg

- GT

Always liked Stockmans and been waiting a long time to get a few more. These all showed up in the last coupla days.

6375 CV Amber Bone Peach Seed Jig Large Stockman
6347 SS Raspberry Bone Standard Jig Stockman
63032 SS Pocket Worn Harvest Orange Bone Corn Cob Jig Medium Stockman
63087 SS Dark Molasses Bone Sawcut Jig Medium Stockman

Off to the country today for a long week-end, coming with me is one of the Old Guard. GEC 73 linerlock in Bonestag.
I hope you and your trusty bonestag 73 had an enjoyable weekend away, Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1664629
Robeson 626765…
A great Thursday to All :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Toting a couple old redbone Barlows today :)
Gus & JJ, you gents are Robeson royalty, Reyes de Robeson! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Such a great knife, I wish more people would make a Jack with that blade combo. 🤠 :thumbsup:
I love the Wrangler, Gary. It’s the same as my 893 and such a great knife.
You beat me to it about 5K Qs 5K Qs 5K Qs 5K Qs Schrade jack. That and the 77 are two I’ve liked the looks of for awhile.
I appreciate the kind words about that clip/sheep 93OT jack, John & Sacto & Jeff. :)
I won that in a GAW from a BF member who lived in Sardinia, I think. I was in Spain to visit my daughter in Madrid at the time, and he had business in Madrid, and wondered if we could meet to exchange the knife. But by the time I found out his plans, my daughter had taken me to Sevilla (and then Granada), so the meeting couldn't happen.

I’ve got this beautiful smooth bone mini trapper (a gift from @JohnDF) and a thrifty RR work knife. View attachment 1664702
Very pleasant pair, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Fab Five, Jer! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

It’s garlic planting time. Each clove makes another bulb. These are from my friend’s market farm. He’s undergoing chemo and radiation treatments right now, so I’m helping where I can. I’ll get these split up with the help of my new BF Barlow, and get over there and plant them for him tomorrow or Saturday.
He refuses help from most people because of his stubborn independence, but I was a partner there last year, and know his methods ~ no dig/no till, and strictly organic. Same as me.
View attachment 1664941
Cancer sucks.
Accurate characterization of cancer, Jeff, and unlike the killer coronavirus, there's almost nothing we can do to prevent most cancer. :mad:
Glad you can help him out with the garlic and other gardening. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Well, Brother Jim, did you do what I do when I fall in front of strangers...jump up and try to act like nothing happened?😗
That's become my approach, too, Jeff. :rolleyes:;)
I've caught my toe on uneven sidewalks a couple of times in the past year, and it sent me pitching forward. But both times I managed to get my hands out in front of me as I went down, and instead of a faceplant, I absorbed the impact by letting my arms bend at the elbows and then did a pushup back to my feet. I'm sure passersby were wondering, "Why did that geezer do a single pushup in the middle of his brisk walk??" 🤓

I carried my new forum knife again. I’m really liking it so far. We’re getting some much needed rain today. 👍
Congrats on the new knife and the rain! It looks to me like the ground between your knife and the cattle already is a little greener than it often is in your pics! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You got all the bases covered with that fine looking trio, Gary!😃👍
Carried these two today...
mhfoBGr.jpeg
Thanks, Dennis; great to see you stopping by with that notable pair of wood-handled knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Eleanor would approve of the shop decorations, Paul. 🙂 Over the last few weeks she’s been building a mental database of all the Halloween decorations in our neighborhood, and now whenever we’re driving home we have to make several unnecessary turns in order to look at them all. 🙄😁

I completely agree, Dylan. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do. :thumbsup:

I normally carry the same knife for a few days, maybe a week, but this one’s going on week four now.
I can relate to Eleanor's behavior, Barrett! 🤓 As I wander around various neighborhoods in my daily walks, I construct a list of places that I may like to use later for knife photos.

I don't know what's drawing you (or Dylan) to that Angus Jack, but I know that I really enjoy using a knife with a big sheepsfoot blade and a thick roundish handle. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words Gary :) The only reason I haven't carried that RR more is that I just have too many knives! :rolleyes: :D I think you'll like it though :) :thumbsup:

They do, they've even given me a few before. I'm not sure how they went on this year, but all the other fruit seemed to do well here this year. They offered me some pears, but I forgot to go back and get them, I was too busy picking blackberries! :D I need to start making crumble again, as my fridge is full of them! :D I like the sound of your interplanetary Lambsfoot adventure! Definitely looking forward to that :cool: :thumbsup:

Three great knives there buddy, I always admire your Klaas Mini Canoe, and the Wrangler looks like a great user :) :thumbsup:
Three very cool knives Gary :) :thumbsup:
Jack, if I didn't have my weekly rotation schedule, I think the majority of my knives wouldn't get carried very often. o_O
Sounds like you have a fruitful neighborhood! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I've got to remember to get that Lambsfoot "adventure" posted.
Thanks, as always, for your encouraging words. 🤓

I forgot to post my own carry today, a couple of Old Friends ;) :thumbsup:
Always a treat to see one of those stag ACs, and the yellow Sodbuster is a classic! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

TGIF! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

kArt0vx.jpeg
Beautiful bone bonanza, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

And the Victorinox that I mistakenly called a Wenger recently.View attachment 1665203Have a pretty decent day!
I intentionally deleted your F-words (frost), Jeff; not ready to face the facts yet. o_O
Really like that worn red Pioneer; I have one that's a little newer than yours but looks quite similar and is a favorite! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Oh my, isn't that Swayback Jack just beautiful. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Excellent case knife patterns!
That is a beautiful Swayback Jack Gary!
Totally agree, John & Jon & Todd. There are a lot of knives I like, but only a handful that take my breath away every time I see them, and that chestnut jigged CV Swayback Jack is one of the breathtaking ones for me! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Camillus #70 and an Angus Jack
Phenomenal pair, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

In a couple hours we’re going camping with the Cub Scouts so I switched to the Farmer X.
I know I’ll probably use the scissors and saw more than any of the other tools, now I gotta go find my totin’ chip card…

View attachment 1665433

Have a great weekend!

GP
Splendid Farmer X, GP!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I have to decide whether I prefer a Pioneer X or a Farmer X and then order it so my wife has something to give me for Christmas! 😁

- GT

Back