What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Yes, it is in California. It is Pebble Beach/Carmel. It is beautiful here. I went for a walk along the golf course this morning before anyone was around.

HWsKeGk.jpg

Evidently deer don’t rake after they’re in the trap.

h5fZBhq.jpg

I even found a bona fide knife shop, but it was closed.
SRrKCtL.jpg

It certainly is a nice place to visit.
QJQ97a3.jpg
Beautiful pictures Bart, I would love to play golf there some day. 😎👍
The ponies have led to a mustang, basically for both days…
View attachment 1697166
Hope everyone had a great day:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gorgeous 74 Gus. 😎👍

Tyme for an change ... guess I'll go back to these four for a while.
Tidioute 828318 Dixie Stockman, Northfield UN-X-LD 852211 Harness Jack, Vintage Old Timer 4 pin 7OT, (in a "wrong" aftermarket sheath) and Toferner Celtic Pocket/Neck Knife.
The Toferner is Czech 14260 Spring Steel. The other three are equipped with 1095 blade(s).
View attachment 1697257
Or should I go with the vintage "Schrade +" Old Timer 858 Lumberjack, instead of the Tidioute 828318 Dixie,?
Makes under zero sense to carry both stockman's ... right?
View attachment 1697259
What y'all's think? The Lumberjack or the Dixie? 🤔

(Edit: oops. forgot the Toferner in the pictures. 😳 oh well. ☹️

Wonderful Tuesday night !!! Case Texas Jack, Dietz Comet, murmuring flame and good music on the stereo. All conducive to calm, quiet thought.

And got some good news today about something I had briefly mentioned here last week.
CT Scan for something unrelated, revealed a possible unexpected Thyroid nodule and my ENT (ears, nose, throat) Doc scheduled an Ultrasound for further tests.
ENT office called with results and said Ultrasound was NORMAL. I was worried about it and I do not like to worry. It harshes my calm.
CT was for a small knot high in my neck and behind my left earlobe. Turns out to be a small spot of benign cluster cells. Life is good and I'm blessed tonight ... feeling Thankful
Hope YOURS is going well too !!! :)

LoU9PPW.jpg

Inviting trail, Jim.

I want one of these.
View attachment 1689048
Me too Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund always did:thumbsup:
Using my Remi to open todays mail,I have many letter openers but where is the fun in that.

Watch roll I will repurpose for knifes.
Stooges badge
Ebay zip pulls lots of uses on zips,torches or as a small lanyard.
Renewed my BMCT membership,free entry to loads of museums pays for itself after one visit (no I am not the old dodder on the cover you cheeky get).

Top tip make sure you use the correct Remi (Remi is also the drummer with Manc band the excellent Stone Roses).😁

Great posts Johnnythefox Johnnythefox Love the Remi, also loved the stone roses, great guitarist, played the heck out of their first LP, would have loved to see them, Noel and Liam Gallagher decided to start a band after seeing them. Bought the first Stooges LP from Capitol Records swapmeet that they had in the parking lot monthly back in '78 or so, my girlfriend hated it but I still married her. 😉😁 Motorcycles, Traditional Knives, and rock and roll:thumbsup:
I hope Lyle is keeping well, it's been a while since I last noticed him around here, but I don't get a chance to read all the threads anymore :thumbsup:

Having a Double Lambsfoot Day! ;) :thumbsup:

UMTqNAT.jpg
Jack, I haven't talked to him since last year, I always look for his posts also, hope he and his family are doing good. Unfortunately, I haven't kept in touch with many over the last 7 years due to a sick mother and hectic job, and I sincerly appoligize for that.
Always love seeing your Lambsfoot, especially the Hartshead Barlow!!!:thumbsup:
Wanted to thank @willc for making this trade possible.

nkNC78o.jpg
Great scout, and yes, 2015 was a great year for GEC.
NICE JIM!!! rare as Hen's teeth!!!

Pair of ebony knives on a cold and overcast day, 2013 TC spear in front of pen and 2017 Churchill :thumbsup:
BpOcdA.jpg
Amazing pair Paul, I can see why the 2013 Ebony TC spear in front of pen was always a favorite:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Marbles Workman camp knife (thanks, Mike). I realize it doesn't actually have a bail, but it ought to!
View attachment 1697256

International knife of the Week is a Carlos Quintana Taramundi I bought in Sevilla, Spain:
View attachment 1697258

- GT
Gary, Always love seeing the Taramundi your daugher brought you back from Spain, (and all the little faces in it LOL) :thumbsup::thumbsup::D Edited, (ooops, sorry, I thought your daughter brought it back but maybe you were visiting her and then you brought it back)

Carrying this again
kZpM7gm.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful Tuesday night !!! Case Texas Jack, Dietz Comet, murmuring flame and good music on the stereo. All conducive to calm, quiet thought.

And got some good news today about something I had briefly mentioned here last week.
CT Scan for something unrelated, revealed a possible unexpected Thyroid nodule and my ENT (ears, nose, throat) Doc scheduled an Ultrasound for further tests.
ENT office called with results and said Ultrasound was NORMAL. I was worried about it and I do not like to worry. It harshes my calm.
CT was for a small knot high in my neck and behind my left earlobe. Turns out to be a small spot of benign cluster cells. Life is good and I'm blessed tonight ... feeling Thankful
Hope YOURS is going well too !!! :)

LoU9PPW.jpg
So happy to hear you received good news on your CT scan Brother! I was worried for you. Very nice Texas Jack also!:thumbsup:

Pair of ebony knives on a cold and overcast day, 2013 TC spear in front of pen and 2017 Churchill :thumbsup:
BpOcdA.jpg
A very handsome pair Paul :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thanks very much, Jack!!!

Happy Double Lambsfoot Day Jack; always an outstanding pairing! 😁 :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Toting two Barlows today, both from Case. :)
Thanks a lot buddy, your twin Case Barlows look terrific :cool: :) :thumbsup:
International knife of the Week is a Carlos Quintana Taramundi I bought in Sevilla, Spain:
View attachment 1697258

- GT
Such an interesting knife :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Jack, I haven't talked to him since last year, I always look for his posts also, hope he and his family are doing good. Unfortunately, I haven't kept in touch with many over the last 7 years due to a sick mother and hectic job, and I sincerly appoligize for that.
Always love seeing your Lambsfoot, especially the Hartshead Barlow!!!:thumbsup:
Sorry to hear about your mom Dave :( It's certainly easy to lose track here, I hope Lyle is well, and that it won't be too long before he's back on The Porch :) Thank you for your kind words my friend :thumbsup:
That took a second for the penny ('hapenny in my case) to drop:)
The kids love that Fentimans cola as an ocassional treat, they call it a bottle of liquid fizzy cola bottles haha. We must try Dandelion n Burdock and report back!
Let me know what you think Ed, I like the Fentiman's Dandelion & Burdock, but I also like the cheap stuff! :D :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a good day :) Carrying my 2018 Guardians Ebony SFO, and my Glennbad Biscuit :) :thumbsup:

AeeVAgF.jpg

jB16rpY.jpg

Back