What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Farm & Field feels right on a snow & sleet day.
fiwBFvn.jpg

Last edited:
I hear you. Which one of my six would I cut?
Lol... 🤣
Only Six? You can go ahead and keep the extra one for a rainy day. ;)
Sounds like a wonderful trip.
I love those types of out-of-the-way places... so fun to visit again and again.
Wow...sorry...bad dad joke
I actually laughed out loud. 🤣🤣🤣:thumbsup:
I spent a whole year buying and selling GEC knives just to try as many patterns as I could (this was before the secondary market was so inflated, and I could limit myself to spending no more than $150 max for a GEC). I think that has helped make it easier for me to part of the ones I buy for myself. I don't sell gifts, although I have given one or two gifted knives away for a special reason. There have been many really desirable GECs come and go through my collection, and I've taken the perspective that it is more enjoyable to give others a chance to possess and enjoy a well made knife as it would be for it to sit in my collection, uncarried (or rarely carried)--especially since a lot of the nice GECs I have had a chance to try required someone selling it to me out of their collection.
Your thoughts mirror mine exactly.
2. #93 Lambsfoot
3. #76 Western Outlaw
Those two would make my list as well.
I'm lucky enough to still have mine and know I'll never part with them.
Nice Small Coke Bottle... You're ahead of the curve with that one, soon everybody will be buying them. 🤠:thumbsup:

Is that a new one? I don’t recognize it.
I picked it up several months back but haven't carried it much.
I like the bone and lined bolsters
That's what drew me to it too.
I always wanted a Mini Trapper in this finish, but never pulled the trigger.
But when I saw this one at a very reasonable price, I finally jumped on it... I'm a bargain hunter. ;)
Good looking pairing John.
Thank you, Todd. :)
The color is really outstanding on that little Trapper. 🤠:thumbsup:

As they sang in Rocky Horror Picture Show, Let's do the Time Warp again! 🤓 I'll comment on a buch of old posts, and then I'm going to surrender: I don't have the strength, time, or patience to actually get caught up in this runaway freight train of a thread, so I'll just give up on giving posts between those below and current ones the attention they deserve. Next time I comment on a batch of posts, they'll be much more recent.

Love the Imperial, Gary. Reminds me of my yellow Sabre fish knife Grandpa gave me when I was a kid. It’s out in my fishing vest.
Thanks, Jeff. :) A BF member sent me that Imperial toothpick as a gift, and when I opened it, I got chills because it looked exactly like a knife one of my Grandpas used when I was a kid. (I showed it to one of my brothers and, without telling him my memories, he said, "Hey that's a knife like Grandpa used to carry!" Except he was thinking of the other grandpa from the one I was thinking of. o_O )

Thought you might enjoy this guitar-building story I saw mentioned on the TV news this morning:
https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/local-artists-team-up-to-create-unique-rock-guitar

Hope the sun rose on another ‘rona free day, Trav.
My son and his wife and kids, anong with a bunch of her family just got back from Disneyworld. They also had their friends from Scotland along, too.
Now my son and his boy, and the couple from Scotland all have the ‘rona.
Thankfully, it must be the weakened latest variant, and they all just feel a little lousy.
Man, it turned into a real family affair for you guys! :eek: I hope everyone is over the worst of it now!

Carrying this one today that belonged to my Grandfather. Not sure how old it is, but it has better walk-and-talk than any folder I have bought in the last year or so.
View attachment 1716290
What a priceless heirloom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Very cool Canoe Whittler, GT. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) I like that little knife a LOT and should carry it far more frequently than I typically do.

It's been a long time since I listened to Buck Owens. 🤠:thumbsup:
I used to listen to and enjoy Buck Owens (and Roy Clark) on Hee Haw starting just after I finished high school over 50 years ago.

After learning of the passing of our old friend Half/Stop in my absence (slightly over a year ago😥) I decided to carry a Primble Belknap Jack Knife today to honor him for his contributions on this forum. He gave me this knife to add to my Primble collection years ago and I cherished it then, possibly more now. I was lucky enough to spend some time with him and his wife Pam at one of the GEC Rendezvous for a few dinners and a few days. We made a knife trade from the trunk of my car just before I departed for home. RIP Ron and thank you my friend ! View attachment 1716365
Touching tribute to Ron, Primble Primble . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting a Micro Farmer today

4-B625-EF8-3066-456-D-AEFD-3-C1-C247-A9-DA2.jpg
I've never seen one of those before! I really like that it includes a pen blade. Is it some kind of custom model? :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
It started life as an oddly shaped pen blade.
I'd have said it started life as a distinctive and magnificently-shaped pen blade! YMMV 🤓 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Think baseball to get your mind off snow.View attachment 1716600
Can't hurt to think baseball while the windchill is negative. A colleague at work gives me almost daily updates on the current BBWA Hall of Fame ballots coming in this month. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Remington jack knife and a Klaas whittler today.

View attachment 1716617
Outstanding pair, Greg! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That ornate radiator is also very cool; is it also hot? Do you use it for heating your house?

Forum seems very temperamental today, hard to log on and to post. Maybe the servers hate the cold too....

Arrived this morning, 10cm/4" closed, Horn scales, all steel, Sandvik blade (sickeningly sharp...) Inexpensive, very sturdy construction, a fine effort from Au Sabot.

kHLYlGQ.jpg
Congrats on that fine French spearpoint, Will! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That sad news must have come as a shock :( It really doesn't seem like a year ago :( Hope you don't mind me posting this pic, and that it brings back some happy memories? Lovely knife, and a great photo :thumbsup:

ZcT4mf7.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone :) Cold, wet, and windy here :( Got my Hartshead Barlow in my pocket again, and I thought I'd carry my only Primble, kindly gifted to me by Stuart @Duckdog , another good friend of Ron's :thumbsup:
Thanks for posting that wonderful old Rendezvous pic, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Your HHB and Primble make a potent and productive pocketknife package! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scintillating scrimshaw! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Heres a Schrade Walden Butter and Molasses 234K it's akin to the Old Timer 33OT in size. This is the original variation of Butter and Molasses compared to the more orange/yellow solid version they offered in the end. I like these covers much better.
This knife is absoulutly new but stored poorly. I clean, sharpened and oiled and put it back into service :thumbsup: Both blades centered in the well with no play at all when open, a great (SHARP) little knife.
EREt6B.jpg

That's a beauty, Paul! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Commendable canoe! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Angus Jack and Pony Jack today. Got my test back and am positive for COVID again; however, I did get out of the house for some fresh air. Will hopefully be back to myself in a few days.
More recent posts suggest you beat COVID again; you're a champ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
(You should get a T-shirt. I had my 70th birthday last month, and my wife gave me a T-shirt that says "I survived the 60s TWICE!" 😁 )

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekends.

Eureka Jack yet again.

ZZL3Xso.jpg
Mike, they used to say, "If you got it, flaunt it!" You've certainly got it with that Eureka! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Love the heavy metal, FBC! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I've been trying to learn to tie some standard knits lately, and I've also been carrying, and loving, a marlin spike a LOT.

Outstanding trio Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

This thread gets busier and busier, doesn't it?! :eek: :D Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you have a relaxing and peaceful Sunday :) Double Lambsfoot Day for me! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Sensational stag lambsfoot pair, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Guess it's a DSLD for you! 🤓

- GT

View attachment 1724461View attachment 1724462View attachment 1724463

The 48 pattern is an excellent platform for the wharncliff trapper. What an elegant and useful tool.

Will Power Will Power , those White Owls are wonderful, but the Cougar Clawed Churchill steals the show! It is on my all time best GEC list for sure.
Many thanks indeed :cool: The Churchill was a much talked about drooled over knife a while back but since then it appears to have dropped off the 'Trendometer' and seems to have fallen into neglect, odd ;) It's a good practical pattern, broad handle & blade yet not bulky being single-spring, useful Sheepfoot secondary for a change. The Cougar Claw is rather like Bonestag crossed with Winterbottom, this one affords good grip as it's deeply grooved with the jigging going directly into the bolsters, no grind off.

Regards, Will

As they sang in Rocky Horror Picture Show, Let's do the Time Warp again! 🤓 I'll comment on a buch of old posts, and then I'm going to surrender: I don't have the strength, time, or patience to actually get caught up in this runaway freight train of a thread, so I'll just give up on giving posts between those below and current ones the attention they deserve. Next time I comment on a batch of posts, they'll be much more recent.

Outstanding pair, Greg! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That ornate radiator is also very cool; is it also hot? Do you use it for heating your house?
- GT
Thanks, Gary. Yep the radiators are original to our 1910 arts and crafts bungalow home. Hot water heat (not steam), and the system works beautifully with a more recent boiler.
I refinished all but one of the radiators with a black, hammer finished and glass flake iridescent paint. The one in that picture is in the upstairs reading room and got partially stripped of the old paint finish and left in that rustic state. ;)

Back