What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Which means that every time someone loads this thread, those pictures get pulled from an outside source, creating more bandwidth usage. I know this thread survived the last monster thread purge, I think because Spark never thought to look here. I'm just suggesting it may be time to try helping out the whole forum instead of "Porch first, last and only".

Nope ... YOU only "pull pictures" from an "outside source" for the page that you are currently looking at only ... not the ENTIRE thread.
AND ... it is YOUR BROWSER that pulls those pictures. The BF software simply provides a link to the third party photo hosting site ... up to your browser to load the pictures.
In other words, BF doesn't pull the pictures OR provide them visually to you in your browser. Your browser follows the photo link provided in a post and displays the picture in your browser.
Granted, 10590 sounds like a large number but I think you'd be surprised how little space all those pages actually take up on a server. The pages are mostly just words and 3rd party photo links.
The times I've had the most loading lag and 522 server errors wasn't even when looking at this thread ... most of the time the lag and errors have occurred just trying to load the Traditional Forum thread index page.
... so too many total number of thread titles listed maybe ?? ;) LOL

The problems aren't with the number of threads, posts or picture links.
The problems MAY be associated with the number of people who are actually logged in and surfing and/or posting, although I don't think so ... because the errors also happen late at night when fewer people are logged on.
Furthermore, the errors happen at random times day and night ... but yes, sheer numbers could slow the server down ... and then there are search bots from search sites that also "ping" the forums and index results for their search engines.

And ya know what, seems to me things worked better before the last forum software "upgrade" a few months ago. Wonder if that has anything to do with it ... hmmm

At the end of the day, it absolutely isn't this thread causing server or BF software issues.

Last edited:
Maiden voyage for this mini trapper today (thanks again Todd!)
CsgoIfq.jpg
Looking good Mark! 😊👍
Thank you, Todd. :)

Excellent choice, my friend... they are great pocket knives. 🤠:thumbsup:
😊👍
Looking good Todd, that bead is perfect :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. 😊👍
Oh, sure, it may be a fine whittler. I just consider it a great all-around pocket knife. ;)

EqRZVFK.jpg
Love the color in that one Jim. 😎👍
View attachment 1728128
V1 Victory Monday!
“When it’s grim. Be the grim reaper.” - Andy Reid 2022
View attachment 1728129
Today was also my lambsfoot first workday
Nice post Jon, love the quote! 😎👍

Just getting caught up. I had trouble with the site loading again yesterday. I carried this Case stockman yesterday.

0JxtmzW.jpg

When I was getting ready for bed I noticed the knife wasn’t in my pocket. I tore apart the recliner and couch and even looked on top of my kids’ beds while they were asleep thinking it fell out when I was saying goodnight. Nothing. Then I realized I had already put it away. I must be getting old. 😁
That is not the only sign Bart , but it is one of them . LOL

Harry

Which means that every time someone loads this thread, those pictures get pulled from an outside source, creating more bandwidth usage. I know this thread survived the last monster thread purge, I think because Spark never thought to look here. I'm just suggesting it may be time to try helping out the whole forum instead of "Porch first, last and only".

🙄

Just getting caught up. I had trouble with the site loading again yesterday. I carried this Case stockman yesterday.

0JxtmzW.jpg

When I was getting ready for bed I noticed the knife wasn’t in my pocket. I tore apart the recliner and couch and even looked on top of my kids’ beds while they were asleep thinking it fell out when I was saying goodnight. Nothing. Then I realized I had already put it away. I must be getting old. 😁

AND THIS DOUBLE POSTING IS ANOTHER PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that I only POSTED it ONE TIME .

Harry

0JxtmzW.jpg

Bart, it must be contagious…I would’ve bet my house today that I had my Pony Jack in my pocket slip at work all day. Even put my hands on it a couple of times but never took it out. When I got home from work and changed clothes I realized I had this Calf Roper instead. Who knew??!! I took the Tourist to my daughters house for dinner tonight.

6-C2-D9-E51-35-BF-42-FA-A872-4-A89136-B557-D.jpg

Harry
Are you referring to the fact that I need glasses, or my thinning hair, or my gray beard, or....? 🤣
Bart, it must be contagious…I would’ve bet my house today that I had my Pony Jack in my pocket slip at work all day. Even put my hands on it a couple of times but never took it out. When I got home from work and changed clothes I realized I had this Calf Roper instead. Who knew??!! I took the Tourist to my daughters house for dinner tonight.

6-C2-D9-E51-35-BF-42-FA-A872-4-A89136-B557-D.jpg
It is contagious. It turns out we’re all getting old. 😁 I’m lucky I have a place my knives go and a routine, or I’m sure I would have lost several by now.

I carried just the Eureka jack today.
ILPYHXD.jpg

Hood Morning Porch Friends and Happy Saturday
Totin' my Usual Lamb and a Wonderful Case Stag #47 that my friend Dennis mitch4ging mitch4ging sent me.

Glad you like it, John! I know it's in good hands, but not Allstate! 🤲 🤠👍
We’ll be heading out to another swim meet today. Haven’t been able to attend a single one this year due to COVID, and now two in a row! Very excited since it’s our daughter’s senior year of college and last year of competitive swimming. Starting the day with some stag, but not sure what I’ll take to the meet later today. 🤔View attachment 1726153View attachment 1726152
Beautiful selection Todd! Hope your daughter/team had some success!🙂👍
TL-29 and Schrade Walden 124 Serpentine Jack.View attachment 1726215View attachment 1726216
A fist full of favorites Jeff!!😎👍
Happy Saturday, all! Not a lot on the agenda for today. Think I'll just putter about in the basement working on some projects. Enjoy the weekend :)

TeaTtFZ.jpg
Wonderful Case, and I really love your slingshots Mike!👍👍
Switched to the Boker Barlow for the evening...
Beautiful Boker Blade there, Mr. John!! 🤠👍
Those two look good together Taylor, it took a lot of effort to wrestle my Hartshead Barlow out of my pocket today, but I am having a Fancy Sunday! :D Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

zLiHhzF.jpg
Wow, a wonderful choice for Sunday my friend!!🙂👍
Good Morning Porch Friends
I'll be Totin' another Case Medium Stockman today.
It's a looker, would be at home at the Rocking R for sure, mi hombre! 🤠👍
Game Day! The Bucs are going to need all the help they can get today so I had to break out my new hat, a gift from @mcc850, thanks Mike. GO BUCS!
🏴‍☠️😊🏴‍☠️
View attachment 1726927
Nice photo, Todd! Sorry it wasn't enough mojo this go-round. 👍👍🏻
Nice, Jeff!
If I remember right, didn't you also post a shot of a Gibson Blues Jr., single P-90?
Thanks, Jack. It's an inexpensive knife from a company in Ukraine. I thought I'd give it a try.
BPS Knives:
urvfgkY.jpg

GDBOnMG.jpg
Those are too good to pass up, Rachel! I have two, one in each of my packs. The sheaths alone are worth it. A little patina and BLO, they're set.
DVzmhY4.jpg

Have a good weekend everyone :) Starting mine with my Hartshead Barlow, and a Case Penknife for Metal Monday :thumbsup:

JSvUW0v.jpg
Nice Mental Metal Monday, Jack!🙃🙂
Good Morning and Happy Monday
I know it's Micarta Monday, but my beloved #66 was begging for some attention.
Certainly a worthy carry any day of the week!!🤠👍
Giving the Owl some flight time.View attachment 1727666
"Hoo" what a dandy knife, Todd!🦉 😂👍🏻
This pair for Montag.
lXD1hyG.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday!

Beautiful selection Todd! Hope your daughter/team had some success!🙂👍
Thanks Dennis, she got a 1st, a 2nd, and a third, and a team win. 😊
Nice photo, Todd! Sorry it wasn't enough mojo this go-round. 👍👍🏻
Thanks, I know, a heart breaker. 😕
"Hoo" what a dandy knife, Todd!🦉 😂👍🏻
Thanks again Dennis, your kind words are always appreciated. 👍
This pair for Montag.
lXD1hyG.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday!
Beautiful pair Dennis 😎👍

Just a suggestion, guys, but with the issues Spark has been having with the forum, how about we start a new thread and put this picture heavy 10,589 page behemoth to bed?
If that were to happen though, if someone decided to got to page 1 and through all (no doubt by the time s/he finished)12,558 pages to see how or if the most popular carry pattern has changed over the years, that person would lose at least 10,589 pages of historical data.

Also, would people post in the new thread if this one wasn't locked?

Thank you very kindly for the nice comments, Jack!!! :) :thumbsup:

You never cease to amaze me with the amount of super cool Metal Monday totes you have; it looks like a real champ with your Hartshead Barlow beauty! 😁 :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Toting a Eureka Jack and a Metal SAK today. :)
Many thanks for the kind words JJ, that's a fab-looking red and black pairing my friend :) :thumbsup:
HJ 6, new Walking Liberty and impressive little pocket torch today.
wiGWJk.jpg
Nice collection Paul? :) :thumbsup:
Carried these on this snowy morning day and while we finished up a 1000 piece puzzle .

Harry
XBox on the blink Harry?! :D ;) :thumbsup:

set-parental-controls-xbox-blog-1138x658.jpg

That's a great pairing there :) :thumbsup:
Wow, a wonderful choice for Sunday my friend!!🙂👍

Those are too good to pass up, Rachel! I have two, one in each of my packs. The sheaths alone are worth it. A little patina and BLO, they're set.
DVzmhY4.jpg

Nice Mental Metal Monday, Jack!🙃🙂

lXD1hyG.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday!
Thanks a lot Dennis, hope you're doing OK buddy :) Great pic of your Ukrainian slicer, and a fantastic pair to start the week :thumbsup:

Carrying my regular Hartshead Barlow, and a Random Tuesday J jsdistin re-build, making it a DOUBLE LAMBSFOOT DAY!! 🥳 😃 ;) :thumbsup:

lCDKxWz.jpg

ruCS6Hf.jpg

Back