What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks for all your kind words GT :)

The MAM has been very useful :thumbup:
Those two go well together my friend, and the Martinez is a peach :) :thumbup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

Thanks for the comment Gary and I like that leg knife.
I carried this one yesterday.

auzpMosl.jpg

And these two today.

J2v2UL5l.jpg

Have a good one all!

Ken K
Thanks, Ken. Couple of excellent Forum knives and a stellar Settler! :thumbup:

Ha! Too hot & humid to move. Even for bugs!
Meteorology and entomology together again! :D

5K Qs - Gary, thanks for the compliments on my 2 Northfields. That Gem is actually Cranberry Jig Bone. :D

Been Totin this 1974 Red Bone 06247 Pen knife today. This knife is so slim and light you almost forget it's in your pocket. A great quality for a knife that is 3-7/8" long. :D

23960610454_124a6e2cba_b_d.jpg
Thanks for the info on the actual color of your 38's covers, Ron. Your Case Red bone is fabulous; I remember when you and Primble had dueling red bones for several days! :thumbup:

Case Sowbelly in CV and Chestnut bone:

IMG_5756_zps6643fdf5.jpg
Superb sowbelly, Frank! :cool:

I have the new Case in my pocket today and it's sporting a new dye job :) It's now a nice, plumb color.

PekQ4gb.jpg
Wow, the pretty plum is infinitely better than the stinky pink! :thumbup:

Thanks GT. Those are few of my favorite things.
Along with brown paper packages tied up with string?? ;) (Wonder if that's a reference to knife deliveries?)

Stunning covers, Travman! :thumbup::eek:

I thought that returning from vacation needs bit more hard working knife.

rT6REep.jpg

Old pic, but same knife. The blade got bit patina and scratches now from use and carry.
Amazing ankermesser, A.L.! :cool:

Thanks GT. I twas a gift from JB the first time we met. I too love the chequered covers. The pattern too is so pocket friendly and nice and slim. It came in a neat presentation sleeve and tin.

The background on the later post is indeed made up of rasps & files. Top is a Sandvik 'Farmers Own', a Japanese hand-cut '4-in-hand', a British hand-cut '4-in-hand' & an old unknown second cut file that has seen better days.

The Farmers Own is superb for restoring, sharpening & maintaining edged tools, particularly axes.

I love the '4 in hand' as a tool. It has helped shape many a knife handle...and shall hopefully be doing again very soon.
Thanks for the info on your rasps and files, Thom. :)

Nothing pretty today, but I've had this pair since the gulf war.
Looks like a pair of long-term trusty companions, Mitch! :cool:

That's a cheerful little canoe, Hank! :thumbup:

Today I carried an red cross Vic Popular and a GEC 92.

j01Fcyvl.jpg

Have a good one all!

Ken K.
Praise for the pristine Popular!! :thumbup:

Nice Forum stag, FBC! :cool:

Sawcut TC in the pocket.
Valhalla mountain range way off in the distance.

Awe-inspiring vista, Dan! :thumbup::thumbup:

Carrying these two today :thumbup:

Very tasteful twosome, Jack! :cool:

This week's carries for me include a Vic Champion, a Camillus electrician, and a Hen & Rooster mini-canoe:
b46DxLI.jpg

HrgaKlS.jpg

5IUle2s.jpg

- GT

That's a pocket full there, GT! I always get a kick out of a pic of a SAK Champ or similar all opened up! So busy.

Just a couple of Cases with my morning Joe.

N9k3UEa.jpg

Some great looking knives being posted today! GT, that Vic Champ looks like it means business!
I'm trying to get back to carrying a variety through the week, so I've got this lovely little cocobolo number with me today.

TC1mG9v.jpg

Last edited:
A traditional Japanese Aikuchi made by Bud Nealy about 25 years ago when he went full time is always with me and in my pocket the entire time, it was one of 7 knives he had brought to IIRC the first ECCKS in Jersey. I found this magazine in the basement the other day and saw the article and decided to take a pic with the knife I bought at that show.

Bud is local to me so I see him often at local shows and he's very happy to have people stop in his shop to say hello, every time I see him he compliments me on my knife and regales me with stories of how it was makin' knives in the old days. He's offered to buy this one back for many times over what I paid him for it, I always decline. ;) :)

1sPsk6Q.jpg

Same knife, new pic today. I can't seem to get this one out of my pocket, except to use of course. Gonna cut up some fresh picked tomatoes for lunch! I live for the tomato harvest!
20160823_111235.jpg

Back