What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

IMG_20140105_110923_zpsckbaqhrk.jpg

I've been 3-blading it for quite a while now, with my EDC railsplitter for work and a stockman on the weekends, but I have the urge to carry a 2-blade jack once again. Starting out with this wonderful Queen #40 gunstock in cocobolo from 2002, from when Queen was AGAIG.

86a9e3e0-71fd-4497-ba62-a7ca331b662b_zps8qyfobzk.jpg~original

That is a looker, Jeff! The gunstock is a very appealing pattern.

Phillip, no one can accuse you of bad taste...wow! I still like your karda:D

Thanks Gevo!! :thumbup: Who is Primble? :eek::confused::D

The guy with all those pretty knives...you know....lol

I've toted this blade for a month. Maybe less or more, however, only this traditional. I anticipate that a new SFO will take its place tomorrow. It's been a great time with ya, Melony.

054051602d781e7bbe8509c3bf15e0c5.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Jack, that is a nice Ebony 15! Even better coming from our friend BigBiscuit!!! :cool:

Today's Wooden Wednesday carry was this East Indian Rosewood Viper. :D

27968780835_3761b5d326_b_d.jpg

Case 6344 Medium Stockman:

Very nice knife and picture John, love the blue against the old wood:cool:

special one today for wooden wednesday, a gift from Bob, the bigbiscuit!

thanks again pal!

Very nice knife Jack, I like the wrist watch as well:thumbup:

Hey Jack, that is a nice Ebony 15! Even better coming from our friend BigBiscuit!!! :cool:

Today's Wooden Wednesday carry was this East Indian Rosewood Viper. :D

I agree with your statement to Jack Ron...Very nice Viper and I really like the leather fob...perfect match:thumbup:

I named her Rosie.

That's one knife I've always liked Kevin but have yet to acquire...Very nice Lambsfoot:cool:

AC/DC fan?;)

thanks Paul, she did stop on me mid day, but i set her right later. turns out the retention ring had pump into the balance and stopped it

Thanks for the info, Tim. I can't intelligently comment on your customs, since they're so beyond any of my knife experiences, but they sure look wonderful to my totally-naive eyes! :thumbup:
The Zorro Barlow doesn't have much going for it EXCEPT that "novelty charm", but that's enough! :eek:

- GT

Aha well you've got good taste my friend ;) I agree, sometimes that charm is all we need though. Well thought out carries as always for this week

I'm sure it will my friend, classy carry today :) :thumbup:

Thanks Jack, loving the lambsfoot love I see around here as of late!

Double carry today. Was totin' the TBose trapper until it got dropped in a box over to Wilfred Works for some TLC. Continued the rest of the day with my favourite Serpentine Jack!

tumblr_oe6x18Ekx01rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oe8haha9Qu1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Beautiful wooden clad knives, mrknife, Ron, and flatblackcapo!

Tim, you never disappoint!

Sneak preview of what came in the mail today. I've also got a new knife for Wooden Wednesday. More pictures tomorrow, as I've just gotten settled in after another 13+ hour work day. Have a good one, everybody!

PsOwlWA.jpg

Nice work on that re-grind. I have an AGR gunstock as well, solid knife but I could do w/o the recurved blade. I really like your blade mod.

Thanks. It took me the better part of an hour. No power tools so I had to do it by hand on sandpaper then re-bevel on a stone. Got tired at the end so didn't bother with a straight and pretty mirror polish bevel, but still got it pretty sharp.

Shawn, nice Goldman. Austin makes a great fixed blade, great heat treat and holds an edge very well. Looks like a good meal as well:thumbup:

Thanks, Paul! This is not only my first Goldman, it's also my first fixed blade! I have been emailing him back and forth about having a larger knife made, but I felt to truly understand what I wanted in a custom fixed blade, I should probably own a fixed blade first. The meal was better on Sunday, btw. Leftovers are good after a long day of work, but I'd much rather be grilling on a Sunday. :D

Yep , it is PURPLE !!! I like that color and look much more than mine . Great choice if you picked that one out IMO .

Harry

Oh boy, i really like this one. The color of the bone is very pleasing to the eye. The 72's are a great pattern.

Jim

Grateful and OE...thanks for noticing the purple, although hard to miss:D. I haven't used the stag one I received a couple weeks ago, but this one allowed me to use the 72 and just love this pattern. Considering getting the other scales also. And yes Harry I was able to pick this one out of a line up. It was the only one that was mainly purple and had some character to the bone also.

Started the day with my small Douk Douk, ended with my GEC #71 (green linen micarta). I carry one or the other more often than just about anything else, though recently my GEC #14 Lick Creek Boys Knife (rust red jigged bone) has been getting in there a lot too.

Jack, I've never felt so influential and empowered; hope it doesn't go to my head! :eek:;) I'm definitely glad to see those two knives of yours again. That's an especially flattering pic of your buffalo horn! :thumbup: Thanks for the compliments on my knives; I'm always amazed at the acclaim that $4 Zorro knife garners! :D

LOL! :D Thanks GT, I wish those Barlows were more widely available :) :thumbup:

The background on the first of your desirable "serious" knives inspired a weird question. Do you know anything about "bris knives"? Are they special ceremonial knives made by religious craftsman? If so, are they fixed blades, or folders, or medical/scalpel type? If not, can just any old Case or GEC be used, or is a spey blade prescribed (seems like "overkill")? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

A spey blade is definitely overkill! :D At the risk of making all the fellows on the porch sit with their legs crossed the rest of the day, search Google images: "circumcision knife and shield" You'll see some lovely metalwork and a few cringe-worthy images. :eek: I'm pretty sure nowadays even the mohels use disposable scalpels.

I'm not looking! I'm already cringing after reading a story in the paper today about an unlucky Australian and a biting spider! :eek: There are a few (very) old jokes about bris knives :rolleyes:

That's great-looking stag Brett :thumbup:

Lovely fixed-blades gents :thumbup:

I named her Rosie.
29995231925_16128d420e_b.jpg

Awwww :) :thumbup:

Thanks Jack, loving the lambsfoot love I see around here as of late!

tumblr_oe6x18Ekx01rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oe8haha9Qu1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Me too Tim :) What an outstanding pair :) :thumbup:

I'm having a double Barlow day today :) :thumbup:

Back