What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

IMG_20140105_113248_zpsjhdmpcdp.jpg

Thanks, Dee. It's a 2/3 whittler (actually a penknife). :)

Indeed..... :)

The Norfolk & Norfolk Whittler are very reminiscent of each other. Though, both beautiful no matter how you slice it (<--- see what I did there, haha). ;)

Tell EDC Barlow I still love her. :D

So many great carries posted today.

Tim, lovely Ericson!

Erik, I am really diggin the JD Warehouse.

Kris, you know I love that Bose.

Recycled picture, but it has been the one in my pocket since Saturday.

Chris

Nice looking TL-29 Johnny !!! Lots of Electricians are posted , but not many with the TL-29 on them .
Who is the maker ??

Harry

That one is a robeson.... I also have a kabar with tl29 stamped in the shield. Found Both at a swap meet. I paid less then 7$ a piece

Last edited:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125286464@N08/29694393380/in/dateposted-public/

Any one familiar with Flickr? It won't let me copy image like Photo bucket
Mark, if you want some help with Flickr shoot me a email, I would be glad to help you if I can.

AusLoX and FBC, your knives have quite different stag covers, but I think both are ravishing examples! :thumbup::thumbup:

- GT
GT, I do love that old German stag.

That's one knife I've always liked Kevin but have yet to acquire...Very nice Lambsfoot:cool:

AC/DC fan?;)
Paul, Don't wait any longer, get one! It is a great pattern. Yes, I am a big AC/DC fan. So much so I once dressed up as Angus Young for Halloween.

Awwww :) :thumbup:

I'm having a double Barlow day today :) :thumbup:

It just seemed to fit her. :D
That IXL is quite the looker!

You have a great selection of awesome old knives, I really dig seeing your posts.

Two days away and I'm already woefully behind on this thread. Such great stuff here: photos, comments, and friendly banter alike.

These two in particular caught my eye and stayed with me as I was catching up:

Both are fine lambsfoot examples, and I appreciate the atypical perspective from which they were photographed. I also like the differences.

Jack's, being more open and in the daylight, looks like it's stretching and getting ready for an exciting day ahead. FBC's, looks as though it has had a fine day full of honest work and is curling up with a book before hitting the pillow. Taken together, I'd say it was an excellent lambfoot day. :)

I've got a new one with me today:

a31c6ee8f19dce972a3220287e09df4e.jpg

It arrived yesterday with a decent factory edge that only needed a quick stropping to ready it for pocket time. It'll get proper whittlin' prep this weekend.
Thanks , WhittlinAway. Nice new knife ya got there.

All Jack's fault :D

See what you started, Jack!:D That sure is a beautiful example of the Lamb Foot pattern, KBA.

J5, really nice pair of knives!

The Winchester was feeling a bit neglected and demanded some pocket time.
30014199465_a300cbc348_b.jpg

That one is a robeson.... I also have a kabar with tl29 stamped in the shield. Found Both at a swap meet. I paid less then 7$ a piece

I guess that is only the 2nd Robeson Electrician that I have seen . I have one , but if it ever had the TL-29 stamped on it , it has worn off.
I feel that they made a good one !

Harry

johnnyfive, I spotted your Enova flashlight. I consider it the best 1 AA I've found. Can't beat it for the price. I've paid 3X's as much for small flashlights, but the Enova beats them all.

I guess that is only the 2nd Robeson Electrician that I have seen . I have one , but if it ever had the TL-29 stamped on it , it has worn off.
I feel that they made a good one !

Harry

I feel the same way about robeson. I have a robeson shur edge stockman that I adore. Great quality and well built.. sure would like to see your tl29

johnnyfive, I spotted your Enova flashlight. I consider it the best 1 AA I've found. Can't beat it for the price. I've paid 3X's as much for small flashlights, but the Enova beats them all.

I have owned a few of them. They do make a decent cheap light:thumbup:

Last edited:
So many great carries posted today.

Tim, lovely Erickson!

Recycled picture, but it has been the one in my pocket since Saturday.

Chris

Thank you Chris! I'm betting that A2 steel on the Hampton just keeps on going slicing wise. I love carbon steel customs since they too, have stories to tell :)

Sigh. :thumbup::)

Today, these two...

I'm sorry Dean xD Just think of it as vicarious picture living ;)

Me too Tim :) What an outstanding pair :) :thumbup:

I'm having a double Barlow day today :) :thumbup:

Thanks Jack, the barlow truly is an any day of the week kind of carry. Dress it up, dress it down, carry it around town~

Tim, you never disappoint!

Sneak preview of what came in the mail today. I've also got a new knife for Wooden Wednesday. More pictures tomorrow, as I've just gotten settled in after another 13+ hour work day. Have a good one, everybody!

Thank you Shawn, great looking first custom fixed suitable for that steak dinner!

Felt like some patina for today.

tumblr_oeajx0d9ZF1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

All Jack's fault :D

Is it Friday yet....

Congratulations Brett, I'm glad that you got such a beauty, and that you are pleased with the pattern :) :thumbup:

I ordered this one blind and was hoping for a little character. While I am pleased in the appearance, I am more surprised in the ergonomics of it. The fat round butt fills the hand well. Well worth a look.

Im going to order another for my father in law who has a fascination for all things England. He received his doctorate from Oxford and I think he would enjoy it. He needs to start carrying one anyways. :D

I gifted one to Stephen 'Old & In The Way' a while ago. He leant it to his father to do some work, and his dad liked it so much, I sent another! :D Please let me know if there's anything I can send over for your father-in-law Brett, I'm sure I have lots of trinkets he'd enjoy :)

Great pic :thumbup:

Good to see that one again :) :thumbup:

Two stunners, love that ramshorn :thumbup:

It just seemed to fit her. :D
That IXL is quite the looker!

30014199465_a300cbc348_b.jpg

:) :thumbup: Thanks my friend, I love your obvious affection for good working patterns :) :thumbup:

Thanks Jack, the barlow truly is an any day of the week kind of carry. Dress it up, dress it down, carry it around town~]

:D :thumbup:

My internet woes are ongoing, and posting is such a long and laborious process - it's taken me nearly an hour to make this post! :( Have a good Friday everyone, I'm all in black today ;) :thumbup:

Back