What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Who would have the will or the inclination to kick that one out of ones pocket!

Jack
All cleaned up and only one place to go...lol Thank you sir:D

Lol! Thank you Gev, although I did manage to kick it out today... Went with the IRJ for today's carry.

My fathers old Boker Stockman today!
b61e4ecf7806cec3a6e10cb7ac8517ca.jpg

A beautiful knife and carrying it is a wonderful tribute to your father. :thumbup:

I always like seeing that Grinling Whittler, JSCHENK. You've got such a nice example.

What model is its companion in that photo?

Is it Friday yet....

Lovely lambsfoot, Brett! And, it's Friday now, I hope you have a great weekend getting to know that new knife. :)

Simply Stunning.

Love that Winchester. :thumbup:

Great Barlow, Jack. :thumbup: It may just be me, but I feel like we don't see photos of the TCs with clip blades often enough.

Wow. That's a beauty, Erik. :thumbup:

I'm going with this Case whittler again today:

0c54f730b9bc1ed8d131efa10611bdaf.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Recycled picture, but it has been the one in my pocket since Saturday.

Chris
Whoa!
This has to be one of the best looking knives that I have ever seen. That handle shape just Screams to be used comfortably.

I hope it isn't babied...

Been looking for a knife that takes me back to the classic Australian 'bunny knives' around here when I was a kid - a single clip Barlow, or clip/pen Barlow - maybe a GEC 15 or one of the new 77s.

Haven't managed to lay hands on one so far, so decided to start carrying this Washington Street 77 with cocobolo covers instead, for the moment. Just a superb knife in balance, poise and functionality, to say nothing of the wonderful aesthetics. One of GEC's and Charlie's finest hours, I think.

The Winchester was feeling a bit neglected and demanded some pocket time.
30014199465_a300cbc348_b.jpg

Today GEC #83 stag.

xeiw6f.jpg

My internet woes are ongoing, and posting is such a long and laborious process - it's taken me nearly an hour to make this post! :( Have a good Friday everyone, I'm all in black today ;) :thumbup:

A life in review:D So many great knives and pictures....thank you all and all I certainly missed:D:thumbup:

Just a superb knife in balance, poise and functionality, to say nothing of the wonderful aesthetics. One of GEC's and Charlie's finest hours, I think.

I agree 100%. The polished stag version of that is the one knife that I regret not keeping. It's a bummer that we don't see these come up more often in this thread. I hate to think that all of those knives are sitting unused.

Another couple of gorgeous twins! :thumbup:

The Winchester was feeling a bit neglected and demanded some pocket time.
30014199465_a300cbc348_b.jpg

Great bone jigging and well-done patina.

I'm sorry Dean xD Just think of it as vicarious picture living ;)

Honestly, I never tire of seeing her, Tim. :thumbup::thumbup::)

My internet woes are ongoing, and posting is such a long and laborious process - it's taken me nearly an hour to make this post! :( Have a good Friday everyone, I'm all in black today ;) :thumbup:

A stylishly attractive Barlow, Jack.

The new beautiful in my pocket today:

Truly beautiful! :thumbup: Just got mine today. Great photo. :thumbup:

Tc sheepfoot in antique yellow and my trusty Northfield in old red sawcut, as I wait patiently for my blood red jigged and copperhead sawcut 77's to arrive.
20160930_111302_zps6a6oybcc.jpg

Tc sheepfoot in antique yellow and my trusty Northfield in old red sawcut, as I wait patiently for my blood red jigged and copperhead sawcut 77's to arrive.

I love how that old red sawcut lightened up! Do anything to it besides put it in your pocket and use it when you need to cut something?

I love how that old red sawcut lightened up! Do anything to it besides put it in your pocket and use it when you need to cut something?

Nope, just normal pocket-ware. I carried it to work everyday for around 6 months straight, but have recently started carrying the Tc sheepfoot. It was a pretty knife when I received it, but now I think it's absolutely beautiful.

Back