What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks for the warm sentiments; I very much appreciate it. All those books are classics for a good reason! I'm a professor by trade (philosophy & political thought), and have a long-abiding love of the classics. So glad we share more than an interest in excellent cutlery! Be well brother.

One really does meet the nicest people on The Porch :) :) :)

image_zpsazxfl3yk.jpeg

Very nice indeed Ben :thumbup:

Carrying a Case Mini Trapper today, shown here in a fencepost photo a la Jack Black. :D

47D23199-8B28-4D36-8381-4B6579675988.jpg

LOL! :D Nice shot my friend :) :thumbup: I did a giveaway a few years back, asking entrants to post a pic in the style of another poster. Pertinux posted one of the best - a fence-post pic, but focused on the background rather than the knife! :D :thumbup:

Had the Tk with me on my hike today

Cool pic Jeff, hope you had a good hike :thumbup:

Nice axe (and knife)! :) :thumbup:

Thanks, Jack!

Beautiful scenery, and a gorgeous knife :thumbup:. What more could you ask for :)?

Thank you very much :) :thumbup:

Hope everyone has a good week. I'm carrying these two today, because I don't know what day it is! :D :thumbup:

This arrived an hour or two ago, so after sampling Sour Cherry jam on toast..mmmhh! in it goes for today's pocket. GEC Bullnose in Red Burgundy micarta.

IMG_4438.jpg

^ You really picked out some good ones Chin! That stag looks great :thumbup:

Fightin rooster stockman again today. It's getting the nod a lot more often lately. Helping me help my neighbor/contractor finish up my last two doors to call this flooded house mess done. Very blessed to be this far ahead of most folks.

Had the Tk with me on my hike today

John Primble Congress pattern, I've sanded down and polished the spines of the blades so they are now rounded and quite smooth, as well as setting some swedges on the blades as well, feels nicer in use with those smooth and rounded spines

Primble_rounded_spines by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Agreed; GEC's stag is quite beautiful. I've come to appreciate it more and more. I'd love to pick up a Randalls with a stag handle--they too do an excellent job with selections and finish. Here is my one and only stag--a GEC #42. I had my wife's name engraved on one of the bolsters; the other bolster bears the #6... she was born on the 6th (Sept). Thanks for sharing my friend!

27y1ou8.jpg

Artful :D:thumbup:

A question for the porch... how do you choose which fine little knife to carry when they are all so special? Some more:
s4741x.jpg

I had a nice hike yesterday, but think I'm going to be in the house all day today, trying to catch up. Got my Davison in my pocket though. Have a great Sunday everyone :) :thumbup:

Such beautiful countryside! Makes me want to grab my walking stick an just go! Absolutely beautiful knife, Jack :thumbup:

Back