What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Vintage Bottle Caps and Marbles

32200019173_f3bd4c81d8_b.jpg

When you have those two in your pockets you could just strut around Texas like a Peacock Gevo .
Both are very nice .

Harry

SVTFreak and freekboi, thanks! The hat is a Dorfman Pacific, waxed cotton and though it came a little weathered, I have worn it on every hike, in every rainstorm, it has been to the mountains and high desert, and has held up great. It also still smells a little like 60 pounds of roast pork:

290xahw.jpg

Thanks! I've got a Folsom oilcloth that I like but that one caught my eye. Have to check it out.

Still got my vic tinker and the imperial peanut in my pocket, it's in a nylon slip I stitched up using the vic awl. Not bad for the first thing I ever stitched up using it.
The picture isn't the best, but I was stuck in traffic for over 5 hours on Saturday due to road flooding ( went to visit family ) and took this pic while at a truck stop.
I don't normally end up liking my knives in a slip, but this one grips my pocket and keeps it where I put it and out of the way of my tinker.

Cheers Jack. If the ones I handpicked are representative of Wright's recent output, this bodes well for them, I think. The C70 carbon bladesteel takes a good keen edge, and dabbing a tiny amount of 1 micron diamond lapping paste with a syringe into some of the action areas and working it open and closed a few times, smoothed out the feel of the walk 'n' talk nicely.

I'm very happy with them. The ebony Lambsfoot is with me today.

Great stuff my friend :thumbup:

I always enjoy seeing your Drew, Brett. A fine edc for certain. I love its old world look.

I'm not sure how I managed to miss that! :eek:

The hat is a Dorfman Pacific, waxed cotton and though it came a little weathered, I have worn it on every hike, in every rainstorm, it has been to the mountains and high desert, and has held up great.

I remember reading about the qualities of a good hat as a boy (possibly Bernard Mason), which I was instructed should include a brim wide enough to shelter a good cigar in a rain-storm, and a crown for your horse and/or dog to drink from! :D :thumbup:

Charlie's Radio Jack for me today, together with the Uncle Henry Stockman Randy kindly sent me (see http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ra-forum-Gift-Archive?p=16937581#post16937581 ) :thumbup:

Was lucky enough to get this Coffin Jack from the Exchange, many thanks to Phill for forwarding it. These Black Box Knives sport some fine bone actually, and the Coffin Jack is almost the same size as a GEC 15.

IMG_4432.jpg

How do I get so far behind in so little time??!? :confused:

I'm moping around the house today after having a couple of stubborn wisdom teeth ripped from my head. Gives me time to play with my fixed blades, though! Including my new-to-me Fiddleback Forge Minimuk! (Thanks Panthera tigris!)

VyhFyEU.jpg

(Austin Goldman x2, Fiddleback Forge Minimuk, GEC H731, G L Drew Lightweight)

Edit - 1000th post! Woo!
Belated congrats on 1K posts, Shawn! Lot of nice fixed blade choppers to replace the choppers "ripped from your head". :p

This knife reminds me of a strong, refined matriarch. Today we attend mass for my wife's grandmother of 97 years. This knife reminds me of our "Bubba".

20170218_075118_zpswnpscxoi_edit_1487422485111_zpsmvk0q82v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Touching tribute; condolences on your family's loss.

Today's forecast says rainy with a chance of whittling.

c55133b7754d95c6638089b97edfa63e.jpg
Did you get a chance to whittle that day, Greg, or did the drive to see the sea foam puppies running on the beach take up all your discretionary time?

Always like the Sodbuster picture Gary:cool: Your line up is complete:thumbup:
This dynamic duo for the weekend. Bought the #15 HJ from Bob a couple of years back, such a great knife, thanks Bob;)

YEO2kK.jpg

Thank you, Gary. I am inspired with your sodbuster and the excellent photo you took of it (one of my favorite photos that you post)!
I'm carrying the ebony again today.

Paul & Dean, thanks for the compliments on my photo. I'm no photographer, but I've taken enough shots that blind luck provides a couple of good ones! :rolleyes:
Beautiful bone on your matched pair, Paul, and the end cap on the 15 HJ is very appealing!
Dean, must be hard to resist carrying that ebony TC (Tree Climber??) every day!

20170218_134304.jpg

Carrying my newest addition!
Congrats on the new S&M, YellowSwiss! :thumbup:

Instant Favorite

IMG_20140601_105051_zpsoc4nylen.jpg
W:eek:W! Piscatory perfection, Dee (and Mark, of course)!!!

I always enjoy seeing your stalwarts :) :thumbup:
I had a nice hike yesterday, but think I'm going to be in the house all day today, trying to catch up. Got my Davison in my pocket though. Have a great Sunday everyone :) :thumbup:

Thanks, Jack.
That photo of your Davison sheepsfoot with the sheep pasture (and beyond) background is one of my favorite knife photos! :thumbup:

960ccb8b9d7c185d81b6c12e34c0d1da.jpg

This 3" Ulster Pen knife.
Welcome, Pbj Joe; that is an impressive Ulster!

Phenomenal Norfolk, Bob! :thumbup:

These today : 92's in Stag and Jobillo

Harry
Dazzling duo, Harry! Legend has it that Archimedes ran naked through the streets of Syracuse, Sicily shouting Eureka; I hope your pair of 92s doesn't inspire you to respond quite that extremely! :D

Thanks, very much agreed. After that, he requested 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. I've read them (4 kids) passages from the Iliad and Odyssey as well. And each has a GEC set aside for them when they are ready.
Enjoyed the posts about your reading program for the kids (which had me reminiscing about reading with my daughter over 25 years ago). What GECs have you selected for your family?

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was one of my first too, together with Hiawatha, Huckleberry Finn, Treasure Island, and Robinson Crusoe. Probably my favourite book though was a book my Uncle bought me called Tales of the Greeks & Trojans, which condensed The Iliad and The Odyssey for kids. It gave me a lifelong love of the Greek classics, and The Odyssey remains my favourite book to this day (Yep, even more than BRL4! :D) :thumbup:
Cool reading list, Jack! When I was a lad, I repeatedly read a book titled Gods and Heroes that had belonged to one of my grandmothers when she was in school around 1920. Inspired me to take Latin in high school, take a Classical Mythology course in college. I need a Greek folder!! ;) Any recommendations?

Carrying a Case Mini Trapper today, shown here in a fencepost photo a la Jack Black. :D

47D23199-8B28-4D36-8381-4B6579675988.jpg
I like that photo, Barrett! Is that a CV chestnut jigged bone mini trapper? I think that's next on my list of purchases from that Case series.

Case Mini copperhead in sawcut crimson bone and Tru-Sharp
e7680a18-591f-4845-888a-d1b4d1213cb4_zpsfxkzwbmb.jpg
Sure like the looks of those mini copperheads, Frank!

Hope everyone has a good week. I'm carrying these two today, because I don't know what day it is! :D :thumbup:

Superlative stag pair, Jack!

This arrived an hour or two ago, so after sampling Sour Cherry jam on toast..mmmhh! in it goes for today's pocket. GEC Bullnose in Red Burgundy micarta.

IMG_4438.jpg
Congrats on the new Bull Nose, Will!

Vintage Bottle Caps and Marbles

32200019173_f3bd4c81d8_b.jpg
Captivating couple of cutters, Gev!

These two should be able to handle almost any circumstances that arise.

086e2108ba766365bcdb3c1388ab54e8.jpg
Preeminent pair, Alan; they certainly do look very capable and versatile!

I sure enjoy your clever photos these days, Ken! :cool::thumbup: Thanks for the thought and effort you invest in them. Splendid ebony & ivory pair.

Stripes, today:

IMG_4778.jpg~original

(No, I don't iron, and no need to feign surprise. ;))

~ P.
Hey, I wore a shirt uncannily similar to yours on Monday! (Great minds dress alike?) Unfortunately, I don't have a knife (yet) similar to your beauty!

I changed it up some today with this Natural Bone Wharncliffe Copperhead :)

22043958405_d36b6c94e6_b_d.jpg
Exquisite, Ron!!

Charlie's Radio Jack for me today, together with the Uncle Henry Stockman Randy kindly sent me (see http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ra-forum-Gift-Archive?p=16937581#post16937581 ) :thumbup:

Great to see your rich uncle, Jack. ;)

Was lucky enough to get this Coffin Jack from the Exchange, many thanks to Phill for forwarding it. These Black Box Knives sport some fine bone actually, and the Coffin Jack is almost the same size as a GEC 15.

IMG_4432.jpg
Congrats on another Black Box Winchester, Will; they're captivating knives! :thumbup:

Some of my knives for this week.
A Case stag peanut:
LObAisZ.jpg

A Case chestnut jigged bone CV sowbelly stockman and Sodbuster Jr (thanks, Ron & Bob):
1g3pjtM.jpg

Moving from the sublime to the ridiculous, my Zorro Barlow:
F85W8t3.jpg

My canoe this week is a Rodgers Wostenholm gunboat (thanks, TsarBomba):
sozCGlf.jpg

- GT

Back