What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today it is a small Queen stockman. Where do you Northwoods guys find their slipjoints?

I haven't posted in this thread till now because...well...I'm boring. I carry the same two every day with the exception of occasionally adding a third. Here's my regulars and I don't have a pic of the 3rd, a Case Brothers 63055 ('94) antique bone Whittler given to me by a good forum friend.

mycustomslips.jpg

For some strange reason, the knife that Texas Slim posted really calls to me. :D

You know, it's interesting that Foilist freaked someone out with a Peanut, because so have I!! Someone at work inquired why I needed to carry a weapon around.
A Weapon?
Peanut = weapon?

An ironic follow-up. The same nitwit who insinuated that my peanut was an instrument of violence today was complaining that there were no knives in the break room!

Since I am in essence multitool-less for now, I think I'm going back to my Vic ST, and test the theory.

Are you in need of a multitool? I have a few gathering dust. You are welcome to one if you want. My functioning email is magisterbeck@hotmail.com

Nice jesture Foilist.
I am amazed that someone would look at a peanut like that.I work in a failrly large building and it's not unusual for someone to pull out a slipjoint and cut up an apple.I have a Cub scout and Boy Scout knife sitting under my monitor.Seems like a trend in Massachussetts, but everyone seems to have Leathermans on their belt.

ElCuchillo, just read your last post :thumbup:, I would agree with you about other folk's perceptions of Swiss Army Knives. Over here in the UK people are really freaky about knives and knife crime is mentioned in the news at least once a week. The media are constantly strengthening the perception of knives as weapons rather than tools among the public.
I have also found that red handled SAKs hardly ever get a response apart from an occasional ' boy scout were you ? ' comment. If I use something as basic as an Opinel or small sodbuster I get more looks and comments. Last summer my family flew to France for a canoe trip down the Ardeche, my daughter (13) had mistakenly left her Climber SAK in her carry on bag. The security staff did not make any fuss about it and gave her an envelope to post it home. I think that the red handles together with the other gadgets give a much more 'friendly' perception to other folk, and generally you can get away with carrying a SAK in the UK.

So as to what I'm carrying today: SAK of course :) Huntsman model, also an Opinel No 8, but If I have to use a knife in a public place it will be the SAK.

Today is a change.

My Wenger SI is replaced by my Victorinox cadet 2, and the peanut is replaced by my Buck 303 cadet.

My medium Stockman yellowhandle and yellowhandle sodbuster jr. have been replaced today with...

Naw, never mind. Both are in my pockets like normal. haha.

Now there's an old timey combo that will handle most anything!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I thought you might appericiate this trio Jackknife. You know it was your stories and posts that got me to try them. I'm glad I did, a peanut and pocket screwdriver makes a pretty good edc. Add pliars and I'm well equipped.
Jim

Back