1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. db

db

Oct 3, 1998
    Today it is a small Queen stockman. Where do you Northwoods guys find their slipjoints?

2. RobbW

RobbW Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2003
  3. KnifeHead

KnifeHead I'm bad, I'm nationwide Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 5, 2006
    I haven't posted in this thread till now because...well...I'm boring. I carry the same two every day with the exception of occasionally adding a third. Here's my regulars and I don't have a pic of the 3rd, a Case Brothers 63055 ('94) antique bone Whittler given to me by a good forum friend.

[​IMG]

For some strange reason, the knife that Texas Slim posted really calls to me. :D

anthonycastorena2014 likes this.
  4. Thomason

Thomason

Nov 28, 2002
    Here is a picture of the one I am carrying today.

[​IMG]

5. JHB

JHB

May 25, 2004
    A red boned Schrade trapper in the suit vest pocket.

6. Foilist

Foilist

Dec 20, 2004
    Are you in need of a multitool? I have a few gathering dust. You are welcome to one if you want. My functioning email is [email protected]

7. navihawk

navihawk

Feb 21, 2006
    Nice jesture Foilist.
    I am amazed that someone would look at a peanut like that.I work in a failrly large building and it's not unusual for someone to pull out a slipjoint and cut up an apple.I have a Cub scout and Boy Scout knife sitting under my monitor.Seems like a trend in Massachussetts, but everyone seems to have Leathermans on their belt.

8. DJG

DJG

Mar 9, 2006
    ElCuchillo, just read your last post :thumbup:, I would agree with you about other folk's perceptions of Swiss Army Knives. Over here in the UK people are really freaky about knives and knife crime is mentioned in the news at least once a week. The media are constantly strengthening the perception of knives as weapons rather than tools among the public.
    I have also found that red handled SAKs hardly ever get a response apart from an occasional ' boy scout were you ? ' comment. If I use something as basic as an Opinel or small sodbuster I get more looks and comments. Last summer my family flew to France for a canoe trip down the Ardeche, my daughter (13) had mistakenly left her Climber SAK in her carry on bag. The security staff did not make any fuss about it and gave her an envelope to post it home. I think that the red handles together with the other gadgets give a much more 'friendly' perception to other folk, and generally you can get away with carrying a SAK in the UK.

So as to what I'm carrying today: SAK of course :) Huntsman model, also an Opinel No 8, but If I have to use a knife in a public place it will be the SAK.

9. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Today is a change.

My Wenger SI is replaced by my Victorinox cadet 2, and the peanut is replaced by my Buck 303 cadet.

10. 65hoss

65hoss

Dec 9, 2005
    My medium Stockman yellowhandle and yellowhandle sodbuster jr. have been replaced today with...

Naw, never mind. Both are in my pockets like normal. haha.

11. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006

LOL....:p;):D

Chris D. :D

12. stockman242

stockman242

Jan 14, 2008
    since Its weekend over here, Im carrying my western little finn and my opinel.

Peter

13. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
    01:44 PM is the start of your weekend!? I'm moving to Germany! :D

14. navihawk

navihawk

Feb 21, 2006
    Mooremaker small stockman today
    [​IMG]

15. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    This is what I am carrying today!

16. scarysharp

scarysharp

Mar 4, 2008
    for me its my Kershaw Macho 2120. The bone handle and mirror finish blade makes a nice EDC

17. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Now there's an old timey combo that will handle most anything!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

18. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell

Apr 20, 2001
    These days, a mix of old and new!

[​IMG]

19. stockman242

stockman242

Jan 14, 2008
    Well I wrote it a t 3:44 just before I took the bus home, but that counts doesnt it? :D

nice knifes everybody.

Peter

20. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    I thought you might appericiate this trio Jackknife. You know it was your stories and posts that got me to try them. I'm glad I did, a peanut and pocket screwdriver makes a pretty good edc. Add pliars and I'm well equipped.
    Jim