What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Always a joy to see that one, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Kind of political, though. ;):D)

YM99LV1.jpg

My miscellaneous knife this week is a Zorro Barlow:
Uw5gptZ.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Gary! A Peanut and Zorro. :thumbsup: (Do you suppose Zorro ate peanuts?)

Beautiful carries, Jack. :thumbsup:

6464F0CB-07C2-40D1-81DA-B14F9FC0AAA5.jpeg 592182CC-74B2-4D8D-9F0E-0C1BFDCC2118.jpeg So many amazing knives from such great folks grace these pages there is just no way I can keep up!

Great knives everyone.
I’m sure my carry today will surprise no one and bore everyone but...my favorite example of my favorite version of my favorite knive...
Cami made Buck 303 with the sheeps level with the clip when closed. I really feel it’s the perfect pocket knife.

Nice.
That Kalevala sheath looks like it might be relatively easy to make. (I mean the upper one, if I got the name wrong.) But I like the compactness of the sewn-up-the-back ones.

Thank you very much "scrteened porch", for appreciating my knives.

These two just seemed right today! :)

24002649718_923061bcfe_b.jpg

Those look great together, Ron! :thumbsup:

And now for something completely different. I pulled this bullet end jack out of the archives today. It literally begged me to be let out of its tube and carried. I’d forgotten what a handle little knife this is. It deserves far more pocket time than it gets.

KnKb0wlh.jpg

Very nice, Buzz! It's always fun to pull one from the archives. :D

Love the swedge, match-striker long pull and jigging on that one, Alan! Beautiful knife!

I'm carrying this clip-point TC today.

hkyHhZX.jpg

View attachment 786837 View attachment 786839 So many amazing knives from such great folks grace these pages there is just no way I can keep up!

Great knives everyone.
I’m sure my carry today will surprise no one and bore everyone but...my favorite example of my favorite version of my favorite knive...
Cami made Buck 303 with the sheeps level with the clip when closed. I really feel it’s the perfect pocket knife.
Emspop - did you have to 'tweak' the kick to get the sheepsfoot level?

Emspop - did you have to 'tweak' the kick to get the sheepsfoot level?
I bought this one like is. It looks to me that it’s had a bit of file work on the back of the sheeps spine and maybe I tiny tweak on the kick.
The mid 70’s cami versions seem to have had a lower sitting sheeps to start with so these small touches go a long way.

ZVt8miL.jpg

These two... extremely impressed with this pony Jack! Glad I picked it up.
That pony Jack (all steel construction) tmd_87, sure looks like a solid user, sleek and graceful too. I would be tickled pink if GEC did another run of those. Spear and pen please! I prefer the spear but wow, I have to admit that that clip is fantastic.
Michael

That pony Jack (all steel construction) tmd_87, sure looks like a solid user, sleek and graceful too. I would be tickled pink if GEC did another run of those. Spear and pen please! I prefer the spear but wow, I have to admit that that clip is fantastic.
Michael
I'd definitely be in on a run of pony's!!! I am a clip point fan so I would be even more in. But this knife has surprisingly caught me off guard as to how much I like it.

Yes, I had thought bits too, and that may in fact be the answer. But, it is not satisfying, because if you open the lid to grab another tool, what falls off? The bits. Hope your friends can shed some light.
It looks like it had another piece of wood hinged to the top to cover the bits. Kept the paint looking newer under it as well. i wonder if evidence of an old latch is under the ruler?
nWodD3E.jpg

Carrying this today
EDJs08U.jpg

Last edited:
Back