What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'm also carrying a barlow. Fancy that...

...First carrot out of the garden this season.

26688372319_714a457376_c.jpg

I'm starting to get into swapping up my carry knife every few days thanks to this thread. Last few days has been my Schrade USA SC505 scrimshaw model from 1989. I can't believe how good an edge this thing takes, and my 885UH (same size stockman pattern but in stainless steel) is the same way. Something about the geometry of the blades, I guess.
Photographed on a sycamore leaf with a couple of just-picked wild persimmons. We've had a few frosts so they're very sweet, but about 95% seed by volume! :eek:
Interesting to note: I've seen pictures of this model with "Schrade Scrimshaw" on the blade, but this one has "Champion's Choice" surrounding a steer's head.

24595307348_002c03c0d9_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm starting to get into swapping up my carry knife every few days thanks to this thread. Last few days has been my Schrade USA SC505 scrimshaw model from 1989. I can't believe how good an edge this thing takes, and my 885UH (same size stockman pattern but in stainless steel) is the same way. Something about the geometry of the blades, I guess.
Photographed on a sycamore leaf with a couple of just-picked wild persimmons. We've had a few frosts so they're very sweet, but about 95% seed by volume! :eek:
Interesting to note: I've seen pictures of this model with "Schrade Scrimshaw" on the blade, but this one has "Champion's Choice" surrounding a steer's head.

Fine knife and fabulous picture. I love persimmons, as do deer. I admit that I have played some unkind tricks on friends with not-ripe persimmons.
- Stuart

Wow that is a beeautiful knife, i love the handle scales on it!:thumbsup:

ITr92Q3.jpg

Case, Utica, Wright, Churchill.
I like that Yellow Rose! :thumbsup:

I'm carrying the GSK. I was puzzled by the awl on this one. I don't know if it was originally rounded for safety :rolleyes: or had lost its tip. I put a bit of a chisel grind on the back, and while it doesn't work as a punch, it's great for scraping stuff that I don't want to scratch up.

Kutmaster GSK 8.jpg

Last edited:
I like that Yellow Rose! :thumbsup:

I'm carrying the GSK. I was puzzled by the awl on this one. I don't know it it was originally rounded for safety :rolleyes: or had lost its tip. I put a bit of a chisel grind on the back, and while it doesn't work as a punch, it's great for scraping stuff that I don't want to scratch up.

View attachment 798820
I just love seeing that wonderful Girl Scout of yours!

Back