What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I like that Yellow Rose! :thumbsup:

I'm carrying the GSK. I was puzzled by the awl on this one. I don't know if it was originally rounded for safety :rolleyes: or had lost its tip. I put a bit of a chisel grind on the back, and while it doesn't work as a punch, it's great for scraping stuff that I don't want to scratch up.

View attachment 798820
Maybe they were meant to cut like spoon bits.
XGJR2wV.jpg

Boxed up my Barlow of yesterday for these different options today: Leonard Corlee drop point hunter and a Case pattern 54 trapper that was the NKCA annual knife for 1979 (stainless steel and Sambar) with serial number 4492 of 12,000. The 3 9/16" blade on the Corlee is 3/16" thick at the bolster.

sVPGpKX.jpg

- Stuart
Outstanding handle material on each of those, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok USPS didn’t lie! They brought me not one but 2 new knives. I’ll only show the one I immediately slipped into my pocket here today. The other will have to wait till I get home tonight.
So here you go y’all. My new everyday pocketknife...
View attachment 798076
Tell me she’s not a beaut! Just picked it up from a member here. Now off to leave some very positive feedback!!!
Congrats, Clay!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like you're back to a pretty hardcore Cadet commander! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

For Wednesday:

Wonderful Wednesday Wood, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (As is often the case, I'm at least a day behind in "paying my respects". :rolleyes:)

Thank you! It really is a fun knife, I see a bit of spotting on the blades, so I guess "surgical steel" isn't as stainless as I thought! Lol

M9luGpl.jpg
That serrated blade is very appealing to me, Josh! I've been looking around for a traditional with a serrated blade, and I like your model at least as much as every other one I've seen (haven't run across very many, in fact). :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Lot's of nice hardware on display by all today. Keeping this one handy today.
View attachment 798152
That's a sublime Buck pen knife, oldtymer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

A small change in the lineup today but still maintaining the same theme for the week.

BHg3iev.jpg
Superb, Dylan. They "walk in beauty, like the night..." :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I went with ebony and ivory today.
View attachment 798205
I'll carry a Kutmaster GSK tomorrow:

View attachment 798206
Fetching line-up for two days, r8shell! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Some wood for Wednesday :D
29059459044_8ba3f7fa32_b_d.jpg
Classy classic, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gary the flashlight is a little AAA made by Peak it’s a Peak Eiger. Tough as nails variable output and fits in a watch pocket! I highly recommend it.

Clay
It is called the Robert Klaas "Fourmaster." I've posted it before, it is my favorite edc, so I have a few extra as backups. I've needed them, lol! lost one, and the other, well:

pE7FoeS.jpg

I have no idea how the tip broke, I opened it one day at work to find it this way. At any rate- backups. It is inexpensive, stainless steel, fine, thin blades, nice profile and blade selection. Even a bit of a swedge on the main blade. I like them.
Thanks for the informative responses, Clay and Josh! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

It has a hidden lock - to release the lock you rotate one of the handle scales.
The more I learn about that knife, the more distinctive it gets!! :eek::cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the follow-up, lambertiana! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That is a lovely and soothing color. I like all three, but that is special.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart, and I totally agree! :) I'm not a huge fan of smooth bone covers, but I sure like this version of smooth tobacco bone. :thumbsup::cool: (I had an earlier model that I gave away, but it was a much lighter color. This rich brown replacement is much nicer IMHO.)

I think they're considerably less expensive on your side of the pond GT :) I have them in grey, green, and black, and think they look quite smart, particularly the ones without side-pockets, such as the 5.11 Jean-Cut Pants or Ridgeline Pants :thumbsup:

That 'Half Hawk' is one of the best, and best-looking, knives I've had from RR :) It seems to have disappeared from stockists over here though :(

I'm just carrying this one today :thumbsup:

Thanks for the sartorial suggestions, Jack, and for affirming the desirability of a RR Half Hawk! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: If you're going to carry only one knife, that's certainly an exemplary choice!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've gone back to this pair of 35's in a nostalgic moment. A Case pattern 35 (1940-1964) and a Queen model 35 (1932-1955). I have a Sodbuster Jr in my back pocket in the event of heavy duty cutting, though the Queen can handle its own share.

rk1P2VM.jpg

- Stuart
Much different from GEC #35s, but fine old knives, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the compelling Queen City canoe, Alan!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: This canoe enthusiast approves with every fiber of his being! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week for me is this highly-desirable buffalo horn, EO, spear/coping GEC #85 (thanks, Paul):
ULxy4tA.jpg

My K.N.I.F.E. knife this week is this yeller delrin Case pen knife that I find quite irresistible:
xQ9Dz1D.jpg

This knife has been in my pocket every day since it arrived! :confused::eek: It's highly likely that it will be one of my literal EDC knives! (Thanks, mrknife):
n1ZFZFD.jpg

- GT

I am not carrying these two at work tonight. The rat comes with an edge that’s great for breaking bricks but not real great for my use (of which will occasionally be cutting fire wood but I’ll fix it after such endeavor if needed). So I reprofiled it to suit my uses better (as I did with the solution and city knife and essential and about every other knife I buy). Touched up the warren stockman while I had it out. They both good enough to shave with, since I can’t participate in Movember.

7399144E-1E04-4EEB-B58A-F5FF4CFD685D.jpeg

Back