What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I have wanted a smaller Laquoile for a long time (smaller than my full size 4 inch blade Laquoile's) and when I had a chance to handle and choose between several I jumped at it. All the knives were Laquoile En Aubrac brand, I have also one R. David that I like. These brands are very different. R. David is slightly less finished, but the difference is not great. The spring in the David is a beartrap, En Aubrac is very smooth.

I have bought one En Aubrac before and it is a finely finished knife with polished bolsters and blade, it has a horn handle. It is a sunday knife, I sometimes carry it when wearing a suite. I wanted a smaller knife for casual carry with brushded finish. Since I had a chance to compare I chose in the shop several to handle, I took a look at the finish, worked the blades back and forth and finally chose one. This is my new En Aubrac, 85 mm blade with oak handle. It fits this pocket sheath I made several years back perfectly. Below is also a comparison picture.

The pull in the spring is quite smooth, I can't give a number but if I describe it is easily pinchable in the beginning, but has a healthy snap when fully opened. Laquoile's have this unique "cran force" action that I like. These knives have also a unique, very comfortable handle shape that I absolutely love.

20171117_093735_zpsraq1ksgu.jpg

20171117_093646_zpssdajl706.jpg

This LF&C today!
wRNySFy.jpg

Classic :) :thumbsup:

ITr92Q3.jpg

Case, Utica, Wright, Churchill.

Nice line-up Jer :thumbsup:

I just love seeing that wonderful Girl Scout of yours!

+1 :thumbsup:

a little bit cold
a little bit lonely
a little bit hopeful
but I feel strong
know that I can
still sitting on a shelf
but starting to feel more like me on a good day

37584808075_903bff92b6_b.jpg

:cool: :thumbsup:

Sadly, I've already bookmarked the traditional exchange forum :)

Welcome to Traditionals! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the sartorial suggestions, Jack, and for affirming the desirability of a RR Half Hawk! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: If you're going to carry only one knife, that's certainly an exemplary choice!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ULxy4tA.jpg

My K.N.I.F.E. knife this week is this yeller delrin Case pen knife that I find quite irresistible:
xQ9Dz1D.jpg

This knife has been in my pocket every day since it arrived! :confused::eek: It's highly likely that it will be one of my literal EDC knives! (Thanks, mrknife):
n1ZFZFD.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT, I still think you need a bandolier! :D :thumbsup: Lovely line-up today my friend, and I'm very pleased you're liking the Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

I have wanted a smaller Laquoile for a long time (smaller than my full size 4 inch blade Laquoile's) and when I had a chance to handle and choose between several I jumped at it. All the knives were Laquoile En Aubrac brand, I have also one R. David that I like. These brands are very different. R. David is slightly less finished, but the difference is not great. The spring in the David is a beartrap, En Aubrac is very smooth.

I have bought one En Aubrac before and it is a finely finished knife with polished bolsters and blade, it has a horn handle. It is a sunday knife, I sometimes carry it when wearing a suite. I wanted a smaller knife for casual carry with brushded finish. Since I had a chance to compare I chose in the shop several to handle, I took a look at the finish, worked the blades back and forth and finally chose one. This is my new En Aubrac, 85 mm blade with oak handle. It fits this pocket sheath I made several years back perfectly. Below is also a comparison picture.

The pull in the spring is quite smooth, I can't give a number but if I describe it is easily pinchable in the beginning, but has a healthy snap when fully opened. Laquoile's have this unique "cran force" action that I like. These knives have also a unique, very comfortable handle shape that I absolutely love.

Very nice Mr Finn :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a good Friday, it'll soon be the weekend :)

Those are elegant tools.
- Stuart

What an excellent carry!

Much appreciated Pomsbz!

Wonderful Wednesday Wood, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (As is often the case, I'm at least a day behind in "paying my respects". :rolleyes:)

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week for me is this highly-desirable buffalo horn, EO, spear/coping GEC #85 (thanks, Paul):
ULxy4tA.jpg

My K.N.I.F.E. knife this week is this yeller delrin Case pen knife that I find quite irresistible:
xQ9Dz1D.jpg

This knife has been in my pocket every day since it arrived! :confused::eek: It's highly likely that it will be one of my literal EDC knives! (Thanks, mrknife):
n1ZFZFD.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT! Tasty Trio, great pics as well :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a good Friday, it'll soon be the weekend :)

Classy pairing Jack :thumbsup:

A lightweight day today with the Case carbon fiber sodbuster.

View attachment 798997

It is a carbon fiber day for me as well :).

[url=https://postimg.org/image/he9i90sqf/][/URL]

Back