What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

32783098274_3ee60e5fd8_b.jpg

I retired today, my last day of work, and the wife and I are going out to a nice steak house for dinner to celebrate.
I grabbed the little Hornet to accompany me.

IjcSDDL.jpg
Congrats Jeff, enjoy retirement, if there is such a thing? I know when my Dad retired I honestly feel he was busier then when he worked:)

I retired today, my last day of work, and the wife and I are going out to a nice steak house for dinner to celebrate.
I grabbed the little Hornet to accompany me.

Congratulations on the retirement!

Just got back from a Granddaughter's engagement party down in North Chicago area and it is too late to get some newer pictures of these Little Guys . I do not mind having these little jewels in my pockets at all . I like them both a lot . Great little knives with decent Stag .

Harry

Except for Thanksgiving Day, I carried this pair all week. Case Amber Jigged Bone Peanut and Northfield Talon in Red Wine Jigged Bone.
The Talon bit me at one point when I was being careless while closing it. Sliced my left index finger and it wouldn’t stop bleeding until I could get some butterfly closures on it.
This is why our mothers didn’t want us playing with knives!

427F6510-74E6-45C6-8EE2-A40CD18093DC.jpeg
DA4DE5B2-0E1C-41C5-90C1-B5FA8B533A16.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone, you're all too kind! I turned 62 earlier this year, and worked 45-70 hours a week for most of my adult life. I'm whipped! I'm still strong enough to do a pretty physical job, but I just have so much pain that it isn't worth it any longer. Lots of arthritis, 3 bad disks in my neck/shoulder area, a torn meniscus, etc. We had a lovely couple of ribeyes at a newish chop house in town, after they threw me a little bash at work, with a nice jelly filled sheet cake iced with "Good Luck Jeff." A very pleasant day, indeed. Now it's a life of leisure and "honey dos," at least for a while. I'll probably get back to hafting some fixed blades, and buying and selling more knives now that I have the time. First up is the second half of deer season in Illinois next weekend, then a nice rest.

Oh, and edited to say, Ratbert, that is a gorgeous #92, love the bone.

Thanks, everyone, you're all too kind! I turned 62 earlier this year, and worked 45-70 hours a week for most of my adult life. I'm whipped! I'm still strong enough to do a pretty physical job, but I just have so much pain that it isn't worth it any longer. Lots of arthritis, 3 bad disks in my neck/shoulder area, a torn meniscus, etc. We had a lovely couple of ribeyes at a newish chop house in town, after they threw me a little bash at work, with a nice jelly filled sheet cake iced with "Good Luck Jeff." A very pleasant day, indeed. Now it's a life of leisure and "honey dos," at least for a while. I'll probably get back to hafting some fixed blades, and buying and selling more knives now that I have the time. First up is the second half of deer season in Illinois next weekend, then a nice rest.

Oh, and edited to say, Ratbert, that is a gorgeous #92, love the bone.
Congratulation, Jeff !! Sounds like a good day !!!

Back