What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

An assortment of blades and good coffee. A good way to start the day.
xv6bT1b.jpg

Wow, that's some lovely grain, Travman. :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 803046

Nice grain on that horn r8shell! ;) :thumbsup:

I retired today, my last day of work, and the wife and I are going out to a nice steak house for dinner to celebrate.
I grabbed the little Hornet to accompany me.

IjcSDDL.jpg

Congratulations Jeff :thumbsup:

Just got back from a Granddaughter's engagement party down in North Chicago area and it is too late to get some newer pictures of these Little Guys . I do not mind having these little jewels in my pockets at all . I like them both a lot . Great little knives with decent Stag .

Harry

And congratulations to your granddaughter Harry :thumbsup:

After 10 weeks, my sciatica has finally eased up, so I'm off for a hobble on Ilkley Moor today. Cold weather here, so I'll definitely have my hat! Along with these two ;) Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Ilkla_Moor_Baht_'at

Well done Jeff! You made the right choice and I'm certain you've earned your retirement.:thumbsup:

I'd like to retire NOW but that's not able to happen. One thing, nobody here is retiring from knives:cool::D:D

Regards, Will

Thanks, everyone, you're all too kind! I turned 62 earlier this year, and worked 45-70 hours a week for most of my adult life. I'm whipped! I'm still strong enough to do a pretty physical job, but I just have so much pain that it isn't worth it any longer. Lots of arthritis, 3 bad disks in my neck/shoulder area, a torn meniscus, etc. We had a lovely couple of ribeyes at a newish chop house in town, after they threw me a little bash at work, with a nice jelly filled sheet cake iced with "Good Luck Jeff." A very pleasant day, indeed. Now it's a life of leisure and "honey dos," at least for a while. I'll probably get back to hafting some fixed blades, and buying and selling more knives now that I have the time. First up is the second half of deer season in Illinois next weekend, then a nice rest.

Oh, and edited to say, Ratbert, that is a gorgeous #92, love the bone.

Congratulations Jeff. Enjoy retirement.

Congrats, Jeff! Wish you the best!

My dad retired years ago. After about a year he said “I retired a year ago with a 6 month backlog of things to do. I finally got that whittled down to 8 months”. Lol

I am carrying around my Thanksgiving day project, a Camillus office knife. I cut some nice black Ebony to make the covers for it, but ended up with a streak of brown down one side and a few voids when I ground it! I like the look though, so all is well:)
739CDA11-3AF6-463A-8351-58CAE57B8A8D_zpswe7zx2mv.jpg

8E2658D6-8262-4EBC-AAB4-B1BF0EA5A03C_zpsfxqjj99c.jpg

black mamba black mamba Congratulations, Jeff, and welcome to the club. I did it six years ago and never have looked back (scared of what I'd see coming after me).

Some Schrade stag for Saturday, this Schrade model 275 clasp knife (5 1/2" closed) was part of a NKCA Founders Museum 1980 commemorative set of four knives by Case, Fightn' Rooster, Kissing Crane, and Schrade. There were 2,600 sets made; this knife is from set no. 1016. As I understand the story, many (most?) sets were broken up to sell the individual knives, particularly after collectors realized that the Case appaloosa bone sunfish was the only smooth bone sunfish that Case had ever made and it skyrocketed in value. Anywho, I'm totin' this one and anticipate a lot of chatter when I pull it out at the bar with my buddies later today. (The bar staff have gotten used to my regular knife discussions/displays with my friends and don't recoil as they used to do.)

ARLOMOf.jpg

0SB3eV1.jpg

- Stuart

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone, for the nice words on my retirement. After such a good day yesterday, I woke up late (8:15) and came downstairs to find that our old Maltese couldn't hold it and had peed on the dining room carpet! At 62, I can relate. ;)

So far today I'm going with some nice stag and a cup of tea.
2yyn3Of.jpg

so i let my membership lapse
and i think i let my photobucket membership lapse as well
so pics are not really a thing

HOWEVER been looking around a bit since yesterday and feeling all jealous of the purty knives
soooo i pulled out "my precious" my case medium texas jack in amber bone and touched up her edges for carry, its winter now so i should be able to carry her without too much rusting issues (in mississippi so humidity is definitely an issue)

also ive notice an explosion of lambsfoot knives since i left
might, just might have to try one of those out...im leery of buying a nice one since i am not sure how edc'ing a lambsfoot will work for me
but i am intrigued

might pick up a victorinox floral knife just to give it a shot....

Back