What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

5K Qs 5K Qs it needed a cleaning, hit it will a scotch bright pad, then with a fine steel wool. I may hit it with some flitz too. It turned out pretty good. I did the same thing with my #77 and it looked almost new. Always fun to "start from fresh." Im thinking about doing a forced vinegar patina

High 30's and sunny, a nice November day:thumbsup:
9qHcMy.jpg

YzEInA.jpg

I know it’s rude to stare, but...can’t help myself!

Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend!
A recycled ♼ pic of what's along for the ride today.
rbjTZZ0.jpg

Stunning Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

oh i already done did

:) :thumbsup:

High 30's and sunny, a nice November day:thumbsup:
9qHcMy.jpg

YzEInA.jpg

Beautiful Barlow Paul :thumbsup: Hope your hospital appointment goes well :thumbsup:

Great lines :thumbsup:

Hope you had a good hike, Jack! :thumbsup: I'm always pleased to see the Abbeydale Jack make an appearance! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot GT, it was a cold, bright day here, had a nice walk, with lots of history along the way (including Anglo Saxon crosses, Roman altars, the remains of a Roman fort, a 17th century Manor House, and a medieval church) :) Carrying my Guardians Lambsfoot today (again ;) ), shown here next to the beautiful 17th century packhorse bridge over the River Wharfe at Ilkley. Have a relaxing Sunday folks :thumbsup:

AWSFO 23-8.JPG

Thanks a lot GT, it was a cold, bright day here, had a nice walk, with lots of history along the way (including Anglo Saxon crosses, Roman altars, the remains of a Roman fort, a 17th century Manor House, and a medieval church) :) Carrying my Guardians Lambsfoot today (again ;) ), shown here next to the beautiful 17th century packhorse bridge over the River Wharfe at Ilkley. Have a relaxing Sunday folks :thumbsup:
Looks like just the right knife for a walk in Yorkshire. I envy you folks that have all that history around you. Enjoy the day, Jack!

View attachment 803727

More more !!! I'm with Gary...the envy is great...lol ! Such a cool picture Jack ! Glad to hear the back is healing ( subliminal suggestion...healing..healed )

More more !!! I'm with Gary...the envy is great...lol ! Such a cool picture Jack ! Glad to hear the back is healing ( subliminal suggestion...healing..healed )

LOL! :D Thanks a lot my friend :) My (middle) back was aching a little yesterday, but just from lack of recent use I think! :D :thumbsup:

Here's a better pic of the bridge.

The Manor House.

Remains of the Roman Fort.

Very cool photo, A.L. !! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Stuck at work today, have these along and a 3rd non traditional folder.
2Zh2l0Nl.jpg
That's a notable pair, Rob! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I've gushed over your Lloyd shadow stag before, but I'm having trouble tearing my eyes off the Blue Grass Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) I have a sawcut delrin clip main version that I really enjoy, but yours is a step up from mine! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@black mamba ...
Some Schrade stag for Saturday, this Schrade model 275 clasp knife (5 1/2" closed) was part of a NKCA Founders Museum 1980 commemorative set of four knives by Case, Fightn' Rooster, Kissing Crane, and Schrade. There were 2,600 sets made; this knife is from set no. 1016. As I understand the story, many (most?) sets were broken up to sell the individual knives, particularly after collectors realized that the Case appaloosa bone sunfish was the only smooth bone sunfish that Case had ever made and it skyrocketed in value. Anywho, I'm totin' this one and anticipate a lot of chatter when I pull it out at the bar with my buddies later today. (The bar staff have gotten used to my regular knife discussions/displays with my friends and don't recoil as they used to do.)
0SB3eV1.jpg

- Stuart
Yowza, that is quite a showpiece, Stuart!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll bet it will definitely elicit a lot of chatter from your in-person knife buddies! :cool:;) I love The Porch, but I'll bet an occasional face-to-face knife "show-and-tell" with enthusiasts at a bar is really enjoyable, too!! :D:thumbsup:

Thank you, everyone, for the nice words on my retirement. After such a good day yesterday, I woke up late (8:15) and came downstairs to find that our old Maltese couldn't hold it and had peed on the dining room carpet! At 62, I can relate. ;)
GT, I splurged and bought myself an elk #74 Mustang off the exchange last week. Paid about 50% over the original retail, but still worth it for a special knife on a special occasion. I just love GEC's 440C knives.
:D:D What worries me most about retirement is that I haven't used an alarm clock for decades; no matter when I go to bed, and no matter what I have planned for the next day, I ALWAYS wake up at 4:30! :eek::(
An elk Mustang sounds like an appropriate choice for this momentous occasion, Jeff; congrats again! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carrying this old Camillus 70 today

1ss1W8R.jpg
Compelling Camillus, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HOWEVER been looking around a bit since yesterday and feeling all jealous of the purty knives
soooo i pulled out "my precious" my case medium texas jack in amber bone and touched up her edges for carry, its winter now so i should be able to carry her without too much rusting issues (in mississippi so humidity is definitely an issue)

also ive notice an explosion of lambsfoot knives since i left
might, just might have to try one of those out...im leery of buying a nice one since i am not sure how edc'ing a lambsfoot will work for me
but i am intrigued

might pick up a victorinox floral knife just to give it a shot....
Just seems so right that you've pulled out the Texas Jack, Ryan! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

A rare 2 folder day for me, I have only had this sod buster (The Plow from CollectorKnives) for a day but am really liking it so far.

That bocote Maserin Plow looks fantastic on your rocks, Tom; impressive pair of knives!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These two for me today. Hope y'all have a good day! :D
26862644349_d1ae37c257_b.jpg
Phenomenal covers on those two, Ron; talk of the town!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:;)

For the last several weeks I've been alternating between these two.
Buck Creek half congress in stainless and stag:
Jt1VhtR.jpg

Gerber Silver Knight in Gingami 1 stainless treated to 58-59HRC, and resin impregnated wood.
2WHdUqY.jpg

The Gerber is much the better knife, but the Buck Creek is still fun to carry.
Dapper duo, Frank!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I hope you've got your bug under control now.)

View attachment 803431 Putting up Christmas lights with the kids this morning.... turns out, our inflatable Rudolph lost all his stakes over the summer. The Pioneer helped me make 4 very passable replacements, much to the amazement of the kids!
Peerless Pioneer, Prince of Productivity!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:;) Thanks for showing your knife in action, Heath! :cool::cool:

"Looking good, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Is your knee rehab at the stage where you can help the driver unload, or are you still "supervisor only"? "

Thanks Gary, knee isn't responding as it should so another follow up appt Monday. Still able to work with a bit of pain but I have this really cool John Wayne swagger:cool:;):D
Sorry to hear that the knee isn't cooperating, Paul. :( But I'm glad you're getting some entertainment mileage out of your enhanced John Wayne impressions! :D

5K Qs 5K Qs it needed a cleaning, hit it will a scotch bright pad, then with a fine steel wool. I may hit it with some flitz too. It turned out pretty good. I did the same thing with my #77 and it looked almost new. Always fun to "start from fresh." Im thinking about doing a forced vinegar patina
Thanks for the follow-up, tmd. :) I may have to try a "start from fresh" on a knife over Christmas. :thumbsup:

Thanks GT for the comments! Always enjoy reading them.
Thanks, Falling_rain; I enjoy seeing all the superb knives y'all post!! :thumbsup::cool::)

...Thanks a lot GT, it was a cold, bright day here, had a nice walk, with lots of history along the way (including Anglo Saxon crosses, Roman altars, the remains of a Roman fort, a 17th century Manor House, and a medieval church) :) Carrying my Guardians Lambsfoot today (again ;) ), shown here next to the beautiful 17th century packhorse bridge over the River Wharfe at Ilkley. Have a relaxing Sunday folks :thumbsup:

View attachment 803727
Looks like just the right knife for a walk in Yorkshire. I envy you folks that have all that history around you. Enjoy the day, Jack!
Thanks Gary, we certainly have a lot of old stuff here! :D :thumbsup:
Sounds like a good day, Jack; fine shot of your Guardians Lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I had the same reaction as Peregrin when I read what you saw. One of the most lasting impressions of my first trip to Europe (to Spain to visit my daughter 3 years ago) was how old "civilization" in Europe is, compared to "civilization" in North America! :eek::cool::cool:

I’m carrying these today! Hope all is well with y’all today!
37408818666_8a7b6f942d_b_d.jpg

33660896525_3774ce4834_b_d.jpg
Black and Red Classics, Ron!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Wife, daughter, and I picked out and cut down a Christmas tree at a tree farm yesterday. Got home and put it up, started dragging out some holiday decorations, and listened to some seasonal music, including "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night". That song inspired this photo of the lambsfoot knives I've had near at hand this week.
SS1gGnF.jpg

- GT

LOL! :D Thanks a lot my friend :) My (middle) back was aching a little yesterday, but just from lack of recent use I think! :D :thumbsup:

Here's a better pic of the bridge.

The Manor House.

Remains of the Roman Fort.

The Manor House is exquisite !! Great picture of it with the shadows ! Thanks for the treat of the additional pictures!! I can see you now..doing Standing Like a Tree qi gong on the grass of the remains of the Roman Fort. The feathers in you lambsfoot is smashing !

Back