1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    @5K Qs it needed a cleaning, hit it will a scotch bright pad, then with a fine steel wool. I may hit it with some flitz too. It turned out pretty good. I did the same thing with my #77 and it looked almost new. Always fun to "start from fresh." Im thinking about doing a forced vinegar patina

2. Ratbert

Ratbert Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I know it’s rude to stare, but...can’t help myself!

MJ71, paulhilborn and tmd_87 like this.
  3. Falling_rain

Falling_rain

May 24, 2012
    Thanks GT for the comments! Always enjoy reading them.

4. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    LionSteel Roundhead with custom Thunderstorm Kevlar covers

[​IMG]

5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Stunning Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

:) :thumbsup:

Beautiful Barlow Paul :thumbsup: Hope your hospital appointment goes well :thumbsup:

Great lines :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot GT, it was a cold, bright day here, had a nice walk, with lots of history along the way (including Anglo Saxon crosses, Roman altars, the remains of a Roman fort, a 17th century Manor House, and a medieval church) :) Carrying my Guardians Lambsfoot today (again ;) ), shown here next to the beautiful 17th century packhorse bridge over the River Wharfe at Ilkley. Have a relaxing Sunday folks :thumbsup:

AWSFO 23-8.JPG

Pàdruig, Nixelplix, Pt-Luso and 6 others like this.
  6. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Looks like just the right knife for a walk in Yorkshire. I envy you folks that have all that history around you. Enjoy the day, Jack!

7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Gary, we certainly have a lot of old stuff here! :D :thumbsup:

Peregrin likes this.
  8. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    The sun was coming up fast. IMG_5860.JPG

MJ71, willard0341, Nixelplix and 9 others like this.
  9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m carrying these today! Hope all is well with y’all today!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice combination Ron :thumbsup:

11. Emspop

Emspop

Oct 12, 2016
    There will never be an equal to that old case red bone!

Duckdog and paulhilborn like this.
  12. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    More more !!! I'm with Gary...the envy is great...lol ! Such a cool picture Jack ! Glad to hear the back is healing ( subliminal suggestion...healing..healed )

Peregrin likes this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! :D Thanks a lot my friend :) My (middle) back was aching a little yesterday, but just from lack of recent use I think! :D :thumbsup:

Here's a better pic of the bridge.

[​IMG]

The Manor House.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remains of the Roman Fort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    John Primble

[​IMG]

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That beauty looks good on your stump Gev :) :thumbsup:

Gevonovich likes this.
  16. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Very cool photo, A.L. !! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That's a notable pair, Rob! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I've gushed over your Lloyd shadow stag before, but I'm having trouble tearing my eyes off the Blue Grass Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) I have a sawcut delrin clip main version that I really enjoy, but yours is a step up from mine! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yowza, that is quite a showpiece, Stuart!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll bet it will definitely elicit a lot of chatter from your in-person knife buddies! :cool:;) I love The Porch, but I'll bet an occasional face-to-face knife "show-and-tell" with enthusiasts at a bar is really enjoyable, too!! :D:thumbsup:

:D:D What worries me most about retirement is that I haven't used an alarm clock for decades; no matter when I go to bed, and no matter what I have planned for the next day, I ALWAYS wake up at 4:30! :eek::(
    An elk Mustang sounds like an appropriate choice for this momentous occasion, Jeff; congrats again! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Compelling Camillus, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just seems so right that you've pulled out the Texas Jack, Ryan! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

That bocote Maserin Plow looks fantastic on your rocks, Tom; impressive pair of knives!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Phenomenal covers on those two, Ron; talk of the town!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:;)

Dapper duo, Frank!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I hope you've got your bug under control now.)

Peerless Pioneer, Prince of Productivity!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:;) Thanks for showing your knife in action, Heath! :cool::cool:

Sorry to hear that the knee isn't cooperating, Paul. :( But I'm glad you're getting some entertainment mileage out of your enhanced John Wayne impressions! :D

Thanks for the follow-up, tmd. :) I may have to try a "start from fresh" on a knife over Christmas. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Falling_rain; I enjoy seeing all the superb knives y'all post!! :thumbsup::cool::)

Sounds like a good day, Jack; fine shot of your Guardians Lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I had the same reaction as Peregrin when I read what you saw. One of the most lasting impressions of my first trip to Europe (to Spain to visit my daughter 3 years ago) was how old "civilization" in Europe is, compared to "civilization" in North America! :eek::cool::cool:

Black and Red Classics, Ron!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Wife, daughter, and I picked out and cut down a Christmas tree at a tree farm yesterday. Got home and put it up, started dragging out some holiday decorations, and listened to some seasonal music, including "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night". That song inspired this photo of the lambsfoot knives I've had near at hand this week.
    [​IMG]

- GT

17. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    The Manor House is exquisite !! Great picture of it with the shadows ! Thanks for the treat of the additional pictures!! I can see you now..doing Standing Like a Tree qi gong on the grass of the remains of the Roman Fort. The feathers in you lambsfoot is smashing !

18. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Copper Mercator and Schrade 12OT USA.

IMG_2035.JPG

Pàdruig, Nixelplix, tomsch and 3 others like this.
  19. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017

Thanks GT ! I always appreciate your comments :):thumbsup:

20. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Craftsman Barlow today on about the only green left around here

[​IMG]