What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

GT, that is a very intriguing... something in the background of your non-Alox SAK photo. Can you expound on said object, please?

Love that chestnut Swayback, btw.

Sorry, Mike, somehow I lost your photo.:( Is your SAK a Hiker? Looks like a nice model with saw and Phillips screw driver. :cool::thumbsup:

Good to know there's another "canoesseur" around, Alan! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: You sure are starting out with some lovely examples of the pattern! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

[Posts I tried to quote by Dylan and Greg lost their photos and are quite meaningless without them! :(]

:D:D Welcome to my world, Jer!! :D:D

Another photo lost between multi-quoting, splitting a too-long post, and "saving the leftovers" unsuccessfully. But that's a VERY desirable stag mini trapper, Pt-Luso!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (And I think people who want a look at it can click on the arrow next to the username above to get back to the original post.)

A fine Tuesday duo, Jack; sorry I vaporized their photos! :(

Although I've somehow deleted the pic, I can attest that it's a superb EO notch!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Lost a couple of pics from black mamba. ;) (Always enjoy pics of your Cadet, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:)
Also destroyed a pic from SteveC :(, featuring impressive flaming jigging! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I just finished supper, and your pic has me salivating, donn! :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing info that's completely new to me, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The modified carol may be international, Jack, but I've led a very sheltered life, so I may not be aware of the song's existence in my own back yard! :rolleyes:

Very cool (and wet ;)), Dylan!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Sublime stag Barlows, Harry, for "Twofer Tuesday"! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can see a coat of arms in your future, Greg! ;) Very fine knives and pic! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:

Congrats, Tim! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I need to learn more pocket knife patience! :rolleyes:

Böker Barlows are simply Boffo!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Wow, that's a striking color!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speaking of striking color ... That red is outstanding! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Call of the Wild! ;) Good luck with the Stripers, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup:

Cool seasonal shot, Riz! :thumbsup::cool::cool: This year's 2-bladed GEC offerings with clip main may not have my name on them, but they do have my address: 1217 is my house number! :D

Glad you could track it down, Clay! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can't believe I still don't have a Rough Rider peanut. :confused: Great pair you're totin' deltaboy! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I'm carrying my RR sowbelly stockman in amber jigged bone (see below). ;)

My non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Explorer:
oGHWIhq.jpg

My Alox knife this week is my trusty black Pioneer:
upW10WO.jpg

My stockman this week is a Rough Rider sowbelly model:
vSTDZ3n.jpg

My Peanutish knife this week is actually a Case chestnut jigged bone CV Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
yPYaOM8.jpg

- GT
Cool

A fine Tuesday duo, Jack; sorry I vaporized their photos! :(

The modified carol may be international, Jack, but I've led a very sheltered life, so I may not be aware of the song's existence in my own back yard! :rolleyes:

Thank you very much GT :) Yes, I'm not sure how widespread they are my friend, a Google search revealed lots of other versions, and they are clearly old from their language. More common here in the past I think, and possibly they were already on the decline when I was a boy. The only version I know, or have ever heard, is the one I learned from my headmaster! :D :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot and a Bullnose for me today :) :thumbsup:

Another photo lost between multi-quoting, splitting a too-long post, and "saving the leftovers" unsuccessfully. But that's a VERY desirable stag mini trapper, Pt-Luso!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (And I think people who want a look at it can click on the arrow next to the username above to get back to the original post.)

Ok, I respect your opinion.

Belknap was indeed a Louisville ky hardware company. Blue grass was one of their trademarks used on knives, axes and other tools. John Primble was another trademark rumored to have been the name of one of their top salesmen. Primble India steel works was their line of top quality knives using high quality steel imported from India which date from the 1890's to approximately 1940. From 1940 to 1968 the stamp changed to John Primble belknap hdw. In 1968 the stamp was shortened to belknap inc. After belknap closed it's doors the trademarks were sold and are still in use today. Bluegrass cutlery co. Currently manufactures John Primble knives.

Thanks for posting that info!
Being a guitar picker, I’m gonna end up with one of those Bluegrass barlows.

Someday!

Back