What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I never realized that's what the majority of my knives were for. I always looked at them as photo models not companions. Perfect!

:D :thumbsup:

Fantastic !!! Wonderful photo too :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Greg :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Gev and Jack. Much appreciated.

I can see a coat of arms in your future, Greg! ;) Very fine knives and pic! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Oh, I like it. It does kinda have that look, now that you've mentioned it. Add in a Camillus 72, and it'd neatly capture the essentials of my knife world.

Today I'm back to my tried and true, seen in this recycled picture:

65rte9Sh.jpg

Lovely get well card and well thought out gift ( :D:);):thumbsup::thumbsup:) from my friend Jack Black. Put my Norfolk in my pocket, one tied to my shoelace and the other around my neck and headed out on a grueling 2 mile hike :eek: I made it home safe :D Thanks for the smile Jack !!!

37843645805_e348cef666_b.jpg

Sempe Fi my friend ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the compliments, fellas! @donn, hard to beat a nice pipe, especially when accompanied by a campfire and a dram of something to warm the belly.

Harry, that stag is exquisite. You just might convert me yet...

Gorgeous red bone on that TC! I love how the simple spear pairs so nicely with the richly hued bone, a striking picture!

Best of luck on the Bay, Stuart! Looks like you are going well prepared, I hope that filet knife gets a lot of use.

I would have to agree, a striking pair indeed. They have the appearance of being well loved.

I have these two with me today alongside yet another friend. Fall/Winter makes for the best time when it comes to pipe smoking.

MXJQhtz.jpg
Nice carry today Dylan !!! I really DO NOT want to convert you or anyone else to Stag my friend . If everybody would buy it , then the prices would go up and there would not be enough to go around . I just happen to feel real good when I carry nice Stag . At my age , I need all the help I can get .
I also like your pipe . I stopped in 1974 but really enjoyed smoking a blend from a shop in San Francisco .

Harry

That’s a terrific pair of Smooth Bone beauties r8shell!:thumbsup:

I’m not really totin’ in the true meaning of the word today! More maintenance and admiring going on, including these two and others.:thumbsup:
35858019270_36a451b695_b_d.jpg

25862785486_2e145ff409_b_d.jpg
That old Lambfoot is just a delight to see again Ron !!!! The 85 is nice too but the Lambfoot is just a GEM .

Harry

Belknap was indeed a Louisville ky hardware company. Blue grass was one of their trademarks used on knives, axes and other tools. John Primble was another trademark rumored to have been the name of one of their top salesmen. Primble India steel works was their line of top quality knives using high quality steel imported from India which date from the 1890's to approximately 1940. From 1940 to 1968 the stamp changed to John Primble belknap hdw. In 1968 the stamp was shortened to belknap inc. After belknap closed it's doors the trademarks were sold and are still in use today. Bluegrass cutlery co. Currently manufactures John Primble knives.
Thanks for the very informative post, Rob! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs
Great word Gary, "canoesseur"
Thanks, Alan. :)

GT, that is a very intriguing... something in the background of your non-Alox SAK photo. Can you expound on said object, please?

Love that chestnut Swayback, btw.
Thanks, Shawn; that SBJ is quite revered among my knives. :) The object in the SAK photo is a bear carved from a Petoskey Stone, the state stone of Michigan. IIRC, it's some kind of fossilized prehistoric coral.

Thank you very much GT :) Yes, I'm not sure how widespread they are my friend, a Google search revealed lots of other versions, and they are clearly old from their language. More common here in the past I think, and possibly they were already on the decline when I was a boy. The only version I know, or have ever heard, is the one I learned from my headmaster! :D :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot and a Bullnose for me today :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the additional info about Christmas carol "mods". :thumbsup::cool: Looks like you have pockets full of useful animal parts today, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

The mail arrived, today with my new knife A. Wright Lambsfoot Jigged Bone ...
29nfs47.jpg
Congratulations on the new jigged bone lambsfoot, Pt-Luso!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

This pair seem made for each other:

View attachment 805577
Thanks, Dylan. I pulled them out of the box to carry this week, and found some rather deep pits in the blades on the little gunstock. After some wiping down with oil, they're good to go. I'm afraid they were well loved, then neglected, now loved again.View attachment 805763
Definitely a notable pair, r8shell! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: But it's a shame to hear about the insidious rust. :mad::thumbsdown:

Yes it is the hiker. It has the tools I use most on a sak. I really like it.
Thanks for the confirmation, TMike. :)

I’m not really totin’ in the true meaning of the word today! More maintenance and admiring going on, including these two and others.:thumbsup:
35858019270_36a451b695_b_d.jpg

25862785486_2e145ff409_b_d.jpg
Get well soon, Ron! :) The maintenance you describe is probably "just what the doctor ordered" for physical therapy. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

This old Southington barlow today...

fgsjEIq.jpg
Stunning, Wayne! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Back at work gettin high with my ever present 303.
View attachment 805614
Cool pic, Clay! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I don't think I'd function very well that far off the ground! :eek:

Nice knives and pics today, folks!
A new Dozier Arkansas Made for the holidays. It's pretty small at 5 3/8" with a 2 1/4" D2 blade. Nice 3 finger grip though. I wasn't sure I'd like the Blue Maple Burl but it's growing on me. I think these two will pretty much handle any task I come across in my daily travels.
rYxrPyx.jpg

Congrats on the new fixed blade, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

LT Wright Patriot and a copper farmer for me today.

Wow, Tom, that copper Farmer really looks great "on the rocks"!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Do you choose/rearrange the rocks depending on the knives you're shooting?

Oh, I like it. It does kinda have that look, now that you've mentioned it. Add in a Camillus 72, and it'd neatly capture the essentials of my knife world.

Today I'm back to my tried and true, seen in this recycled picture:

65rte9Sh.jpg
Be sure to post the artist's rendition of your heraldic shield when it's ready, Greg! ;):thumbsup::cool: I like that full moon shot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had these in my pockets today . Both gifts from The Legends . The Case from Duncan and the Old Cutler from Paul . 2 of my favorite knives
Harry
What a pair, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (The knives and the men ;):D)

More of my knives for this week:
Canoe of the Week is this Rodgers Wostenholm gunboat (thanks, Tony):
sozCGlf.jpg

Euro Knife of the Week is a substantially modded Opinel #8 (thanks, Dave):
ENTNL22.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is this Rough Rider electrician knife:
Bl9Lemg.jpg

- GT

Thanks, GT! My wife and I both learned of a very cool, very interesting stone thanks to you! You are correct in that it is fossilized coral. It is mesmerizing!

Back