What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Been carryin' this Fantasy SAK for the last few months. A fauxScientist made for me by yablanowitz, (Thanks Jack. ;) )

IVdeWbQ.jpg
SSaxdIR.jpg

Thank you, Ratbert Ratbert ! It was my first dye job, and it was a knife I picked up in a Benefit to Bob Sales thread. I thought it fitting to modify the Amber Bone. Doing a coffee/tea stain is rather nerve-racking for my sometimes impatient self. I think this one soaked for close to 20 hours; which makes the ~45 minute RIT dyes a walk in the park.

I’ll have to try this, if I can get up the nerve! I guess i’m afraid of ruining the knife. I do think that Case’s Amber Jigged Bone is pretty much a blank slate for this type of treatment.

Thanks very much indeed! It was the first bone type they did on their D2 range of knives, White Carved Stag Bone. It certainly started off white but after the years it wears and takes on a yellow hue which I like, it is however, susceptible to verdigris/brass-bleed and you can see some greening. Had this happen on light bone CASE knives, GEC Stag and other light colour bones, it's the reason I would prefer steel or stainless liners:rolleyes: I got this knife from the Exchange some years back but I think it dates from the last year of last century to early years of this one.

Regards, Will

I have an older Case stag-handled Peanut that has a wicked verdigris issue, with the stag turning green. When I first realized what was happening, I was disappointed, but I think I like it now. It’s a natural chemical reaction and as the knife ages and the handles smooth out, the verdigris just seems to fit. Like old copper.

I've been carrying my lambsfoot since new years, but this 74 keeps knocking things out of the way to get back into my pocket.

TrtXWOo.jpg

OK, I'll ask: How is your #74 floating in air? Is that a magnet behind the blade?
- Stuart

Stuart,

That's a magnet that normally holds my cell phone in place on the air vent.

One of these:

61VUcdTKSKL._SX425_.jpg

I just figured you were parked on a really steep hill. :D

Carried this #85 today.

4YLv96D.jpg

Back