What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Travman Travman That Case canoe is gorgeous, especially for what appears to be a 50+ year old knife. The redbone is excellent. I defer to the canoeseur, @5K Qs , for any further comments other than "thank you for sharing".
- Stuart
Thanks. Not quite 50 years old. This Canoe has 7 dots so it is a 1973.

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Capping off the weekend with this favorite.

halfrichmammothtrapper1.jpg

For some reason I like owning two from the same maker, in the unlikely event one would get lost.

halfrichmammothtrapper3.jpg
Wow... those are truly amazing. Beautiful pieces sir!

+5K!!! :cool::cool: I totally agree with Dean that you've displayed a very notable pair here, Jack and GE Jr!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Sleeveboard pattern, tip bolsters, similar shields, and the covers are all intriguing. I think Will referred to Jack's knife as having "tree ring cell" covers; GE Jr, do you know if yours are what was called "waterfall celluloid"?
- GT

Thank you GT. I'm afraid I don't know what this celluloid was called (knife-collecting novice that I am :oops:), only that I'm glad that it hasn't become spontaneously-combusted celluloid...so far, anyway. :D Also very glad to own a piece of history from the town where I was born.

Haven't carried this one at all since it's arrival. I know that this Mustang has darkened considerably cover wise since it arrived. The camel bone was almost white and since it has been in storage it has darkened noticeably:thumbsup::cool: I like it much better now that the covers have aged a bit.
ZacYkp.jpg

37XhW0.jpg
That is a really nice looking knife Paul, love the light camel bone

Mike Zscherney blue mammoth trapper, my first custom traditional knife other than those made by a friend.

zschernybluemammoth1.jpg
Gosh dang it man.... I am really trying not to be envious of your outstanding collection. I love everything about that one

Wow I really have no hope of catching up on this thread.... last 10 pages you all have just been killing it with not only the blades but the photography! I usually look on my phone.. but every once in a while I view on the computer screen and those pictures just pop.

New to me Dr. T.. my first knife by him..watched it for sale until I just couldn't resist. .. not sure where in his career progression this one was made but I am really happy with it.. I might become a stag convert after all. And I am on his wait list for another!
613CB925-6720-4F62-9598-2DEE94BA71C0_zpsqmiieow4.jpeg

Gosh dang it man.... I am really trying not to be envious of your outstanding collection. I love everything about that one

Thanks. Was also handpicked for fit and finish but any knife I have seen by Mike is special.

One of the recent traditional threads made me realize I collect in twos ... just in case I loose one I have a backup. Sometimes by maker, this fine WT completed my need for two rbose knives.

rboseivoryslimlineandWT1.jpg

Nice! Who made it, Camillus?
Any chance of open photos? I’d love to see that swedged spear.
Thanks, man. It is a Ka-bar. The swedge doesn't show up in this pic very well but I added a pic of a Shrade Cut co with a fine swedge so you can get your swedge fix. haha.
35127837486_2b551127cf_k.jpg

37369503934_6da82916cf_k.jpg

Totin' the Winchester whittler today. I swear I will stop recycling pis soon... :rolleyes::D

36636853550_1809258ab8_k.jpg

Thanks for sharing that!
The Kabar rocks.
Schrade too if course!
Thanks, man. It is a Ka-bar. The swedge doesn't show up in this pic very well but I added a pic of a Shrade Cut co with a fine swedge so you can get your swedge fix. haha.
35127837486_2b551127cf_k.jpg

37369503934_6da82916cf_k.jpg

Totin' the Winchester whittler today. I swear I will stop recycling pis soon... :rolleyes::D

36636853550_1809258ab8_k.jpg
Thanks for feeding my fix.

Back