What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Guys, I'd really like to say I carried something a bit more exciting or nostalgic, but if I'm at work this is in my pocket. I picked it up used and consider it a throw away if needed. If I would've had to use it where I was today I would have definitely thrown it away. It's only when I get home that I'll grab one of my other traditional knives.

IMG_1840.jpg

Lots of impressive horn in the Guardian Lambsfoot run, but this one was my first exposure to the potential glory of horn, and will probably always be my favorite! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

I've added new knives to my rotation schedule that ended last week, and now have a new, updated schedule to relieve me of the burden of deciding what knives to carry for the next 38 weeks! ;):cool::thumbsup: Here are some of my selections for this week.
Alox of the Week is an old cross Pioneer:
1yeAVYt.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Champion:
b46DxLI.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Buck 303 (thanks, Clay):
oAQl6Aq.jpg

- GT

Thanks pal, I'll leave it to you in my will ;) I'm excited about your new schedule :) :thumbsup:

C072FC0C-BA66-4B6E-B56C-56AC8D4148CB_zpsajq097vc.jpeg

Getting along well together

Outstanding pair :thumbsup:

This assortment today.

tSYqFmy.jpg

Looks like you've got everything covered there Dylan, and stylishly :) :thumbsup:

A couple more older knives in my pockets today (I need to look in my stash for some more recent ones). These are almost twins, in that both are 4-blade equal end pen knives (senators) with tip bolsters, narrow spear mains, and matching cut-outs at the nail nicks so the blades can sit low. The Ulster (1876-1941) is wearing brown jigged bone and brass liners, the U.S. Cutlery Co. (1920-1941) is in very dark brown jigged bone and brass liners. Both are under 3.5" closed.

L7uJV6F.jpg

BmwOiVA.jpg

OBUXcAW.jpg

PXyuIM7.jpg

lufwiI7.jpg

- Stuart

Superb Stuart :thumbsup:

Interesting knife Duane :thumbsup:

I hope your trip was safe and enjoyable, Jack. Your edgy fellow travelers are certainly a distinguished pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My Canoe of the Week is a red bone Case from 1975:
View attachment 830535

My bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Camillus electrician:
HrgaKlS.jpg

My International Knife of the Week is a rosewood A. Wright and Son lambsfoot:
1nIwh1u.jpg

- GT

Thank you my friend, it was nice to see ADEE, but the cold, wind, rain, and snow were exhausting, and the market proved nearly empty :( Nice line-up :) :thumbsup:

Had these with me today.

QbYre7w.jpg

Staglicious Gary :thumbsup:

I won this knife in abbydaddy abbydaddy 's giveaway last year - https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/1k-giveaway.1462217/#post-16826633 - and am carrying it today - sorry for your loss my friend :( :thumbsup:

Also carrying my Guardian's Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

I won this knife in abbydaddy abbydaddy 's giveaway last year - https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/1k-giveaway.1462217/#post-16826633 - and am carrying it today - sorry for your loss my friend :( :thumbsup:

It's my little brother's birthday today, so I extra appreciate that you are carrying it.

I was getting set to do my annual GAW and as far as I can tell, scoutstuff isn't carrying that model anymore. I can't find a BSA licensed traditional scout knife, other than the Case model (which is a little more than I can afford for the GAW at the moment). I usually buy several of them at a time so that I can gift them.

It's my little brother's birthday today, so I extra appreciate that you are carrying it.

I was getting set to do my annual GAW and as far as I can tell, scoutstuff isn't carrying that model anymore. I can't find a BSA licensed traditional scout knife, other than the Case model (which is a little more than I can afford for the GAW at the moment). I usually buy several of them at a time so that I can gift them.

I'm sure he is in your thoughts even more than usual, so sorry for your troubles my friend :( Nice that you remember him this way though :thumbsup:

Matchless pair, Dylan! :thumbsup:;):cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT! I am looking forward to experiencing your new rotation schedule.

Looks like you've got everything covered there Dylan, and stylishly :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend. You've got a solid pair of knives today, reminds me that I should carry a scout/camp knife a bit more often myself. Mostly for the cap lifter! :D

I found Churchill's big brother and it has joined me today.

L3oMXUi.jpg

Very nice example there RD.

Thank you!

I knew you were joking about the lost glove at the Fork Forum (or whatever you called it). :D
Your ebony sheepsfoot is no joke, though! Very classy, Dean! :thumbsup::cool:

Alox of the Week is an old cross Pioneer:
1yeAVYt.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Gary. Your Pioneer looks so great with the worn Alox and the old cross! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A couple more older knives in my pockets today (I need to look in my stash for some more recent ones). These are almost twins, in that both are 4-blade equal end pen knives (senators) with tip bolsters, narrow spear mains, and matching cut-outs at the nail nicks so the blades can sit low. The Ulster (1876-1941) is wearing brown jigged bone and brass liners, the U.S. Cutlery Co. (1920-1941) is in very dark brown jigged bone and brass liners. Both are under 3.5" closed.

L7uJV6F.jpg

- Stuart

I'm trying to think of the best way to say how great your senators are: Fantastic, gorgeous, stupendous is a start. The bone on both is classically jigged with great color.

Such a desirable, useful knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My Canoe of the Week is a red bone Case from 1975:
View attachment 830535

- GT

Thanks again, Gary. Your 1975 Case Canoe is the champion of Canoedom!

I've owned and sold several forums knives and I finally scored a 2015. This is one of my favorites!

Mine, too! :)

Back