What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'll be christening the new arrivals today.

20180119_142816-jpg.832081

I've been struggling with time the past couple of days, not in an Albert Einstein sort of way I hasten to add, just very busy, and inundated with PMs and emails! :D I've just gone through about 5 pages of this thread, and in the end, I had to give up quoting pics of all your gorgeous knives! I was carrying these two today...

I'll have these two with me tomorrow :) Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

GEC-HJ9-3-2.jpg

I saw some cocobolo handled knives posted recently (after my ebony postings) and it got me looking. Today, I've picked a Cattaraugus equal end jack (1826-1963) with cocobolo covers, But so as not to add to much cocobolo clutter, I've also picked Robeson Shuredge regular jack (1940-1964). Both Cattaraugus Cutlery and Robeson once were located in Little Valley, NY (as were several others).

XFnb9qi.jpg

CZN4aVC.jpg

VbCYtbX.jpg

Jp4jyya.jpg

- Stuart

Great looking covers on the Robeson!

Funny you should say that my friend. The knife had been in my pocket and was melting through the ice and threatening to slip and slide to the cement :eek: Lost a few shot due to drips and melt through. It could have been ugly. A tricky endeavor indeed. I''ll set up the nets next time ;)
We just don't get enough opportunities for snow and ice pictures around here.
Boker &co cold 1.jpg

Nice my friend, if memory serves you did that mod some time ago correct?

I also remember a very slimmed (thinned) down Buck 110?
Good memory Paul ;) it was a few years ago when I modded that 113, I've got a few Buck folders that are much lighter and slimmer than when they left the factory ;) a few others have been gifted to family and friends along the way. There's an old 112 sitting in a box out in the shed with the blade and bushing wrapped in blue tape, it's still all ugly from the disc sander, maybe this summer I'll get around to finishing that long abandoned project...

These for Old Friends Friday : The one that I have had the longest ( Ulster since 1961 ) and the one that may be the oldest one that I have Taylors Eye Witness . Possibly older than 1892

Harry
Yes, Harry, those are very special. Thanks for letting us share them.
- Stuart

Back