What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sunbrite Saturday.
oe6gwz7.jpg

Out of the Tree of life I've picked a plum. You can bet it's gonna teach me to hum. Is it the best...or is that yet to come ?
:thumbsup::cool::) Seems like that knife is a poetic Muse for you, Gev!

Thanks GT, I love that Sodbuster of yours :thumbsup:
Thanks, Tom. :) Fetching Farmer! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

... Since I've had this LC I know what all the fuss is about. It's big and stout enough to handle the toughest sandwich, it's got good looks and it still carries well in my jeans. The drop point 25 speaks for itself.
View attachment 831971
Captivating pair, Alan, but the drop point 25 is not only speaking for itself, it's speaking to me! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs
I got the 2014 BF 77 in a trade with Chief (John) and it's stock. It almost looks like elk instead of the stag it is. It's one of my favorites.
Thanks for the info, Alan. :) My first thought was elk! There are certainly some very unusual examples of that BF Stag 77 out there! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

...Today, I've picked a Cattaraugus equal end jack (1826-1963) with cocobolo covers, ... I've also picked Robeson Shuredge regular jack (1940-1964). ...
Jp4jyya.jpg

- Stuart
Vivacious pair of vintage knives, Stuart! :cool::cool::thumbsup: The bone on the Robeson is sensational!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a useful and lovely pocket set-up, AM! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I have decided to tote one traditional a week.
View attachment 831992
Can I have a satisfied mind, with one pocket knife a week? I dunno...but I will try.
Sounds like a reasonable plan, HST. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Give it an honest try; I hope it turns out to be a system you really enjoy! :)

These for Old Friends Friday : The one that I have had the longest ( Ulster since 1961 ) and the one that may be the oldest one that I have Taylors Eye Witness . Possibly older than 1892...
Harry
Ancient things.

Key to photo: My great-great grandmother's glasses, an 1854 U.S. one cent, arguably the best TC Barlow idea.
Looks like Dean's description "Ancient things" applies to Harry's knives, too; I admire all three of those knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for the "key", Dean. ;)

Great photo of your Böker Barlow, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool: You seem to have more sunny winter days in MN than we have in MI! :(

I'll be christening the new arrivals today.

20180119_142816-jpg.832081
Congrats on a promising pair, Aaron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I've been struggling with time the past couple of days, not in an Albert Einstein sort of way I hasten to add, just very busy, and inundated with PMs and emails! :D ...

I'll have these two with me tomorrow :) Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

View attachment 832095
I especially enjoyed your time remark, Jack, because I just finished a Stephen King novel that was all about time travel! ;) What a fabulous foursome you've displayed! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Your ebony lambsfoot could actually be a character in a King novel since its flat blackness seems to swallow up light! :D

New arrival today, so this one will kick the other Churchill out of my pocket for a while.
IMG_0673-X3.jpg
Congrats on the amazing CCC, Ironbut! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

We just don't get enough opportunities for snow and ice pictures around here.
View attachment 832168
I have MONTHS of daily opportunities for such pics, but my hands are usually too cold to seize them! :rolleyes::p

Friday’s carries for me. I hope y’all have a great weekend. :D
38930503834_c63b11244b_b_d.jpg
Impressive couple of knives to end the work week, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Pocket dump and grooming equipment

I don't often post it, but I almost always think it: that denim sleeveboard Northwoods is breathtaking, T thefrank ! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMG_1745_zpszcqxximl.jpg
Was this today until my #78 showed up View attachment 832318
Welcome to The Porch, Anothername! :) Your yellow TC is Too Cool! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks Gary, Hugo is a hansom devil. Now, if I could only get Hugo and Betty to have little knife babies.. :D

Today
28454713065_8ea63bc10a_b.jpg
FBC and @bloody_pawprint , those are a couple of serious work knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Your comment about Hugo's and Betty's reproductive possibilities made me spit my morning hot milk/instant coffee across the table! :rolleyes::D

I am posting early for Stag Saturday (Stagurday?), as I will be away rabbit hunting during the day. I will be carrying these, ...

8KMXp0h.jpg

aCQN7py.jpg

- Stuart
What an incredible trio of stag knives, Stuart! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope your hunt is productive and enjoyable. I'm not a fixed blade guy, but I sure like the stag on that first one! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: And the Puma is out-of-this-world!! :eek::cool::thumbsup: What is the blade next to the spearpoint??

Drew, it's great to see that Fish Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I always enjoy seeing your super 72 GT :thumbsup:
I'm dashing out of the door with these two :) Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) Killer ebony/ivory pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 832411 View attachment 832410

Orange Pioneer on top.
This more rare,silver, ribbed old style two blade cadet was carried throughout Africa by my wife, although it looks like she rarely used it. It is in my collection now!
Leslie, that Cadet 2 is indeed a rare and, imho, desirable old knife!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying a couple of artfully modified knives today. Thanks, Amir Fleschwund and HeathH.
View attachment 832473
+5K!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Definitely artful mods, r8shell! :cool::cool:
In the pic that follows, I show the 4 knives I carry EVERY day, year round, and one of them is, if not artfully modded, certainly artfully adorned with scrimshaw! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks, r8shell! :D
eOpNWJS.jpg

- GT

GT... I have said it before but I need to say it again. The sheer amount of goodwill, kindness, and not least of all effort that goes into your posts here is humbling. I know you don’t reply to every post but it sure feels that way and puts a smile on my face. My hat is off to you sir :thumbsup::)

Nice rosewood, Duane. I once had a Queen teardrop in 1095 that I think was the sharpest I ever got a knife . . .
it is good stuff. I'm still packin' the ironwood #66.
Thanks Jeff, I think the Heritage will fit in the rotation quite well. I'm digging those ironwood covers:thumbsup: were they factory? If so nice to see them using such wood.

fresh off the diamond stone and sandpaper hitting the sharp parts of the tang when closed, S&M 1195 rosewood Heritage Series

View attachment 832714

going to test drive this one for a while, never had any 1095 from Queen, it Took a nice edge.

Sunbrite Saturday.
oe6gwz7.jpg

Nice rosewood, Duane. I once had a Queen teardrop in 1095 that I think was the sharpest I ever got a knife . . .
it is good stuff. I'm still packin' the ironwood #66.

43gwHSN.jpg

Sharpest knife in my herd! Lloyd's 52100 is hard to beat.
cV6H1hm.jpg

All tremendous !!!!

Looks like Dean's description "Ancient things" applies to Harry's knives, too; I admire all three of those knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for the "key", Dean. ;)

In the pic that follows, I show the 4 knives I carry EVERY day, year round, and one of them is, if not artfully modded, certainly artfully adorned with scrimshaw! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks, r8shell! :D
eOpNWJS.jpg

- GT

Thanks Gary. That is a quartet of quality for your quotidian carry! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back