What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

So many great knives and inviting pictured locales, I fear I can't cover them all.
@5K Qs That brilliant blue Case is a blissful beauty. I'm enthralled.
@Travman Your knife looks like a rocket launching. It certainly looks like it could reach new heights for a small knife.
@joeradza Love that lovely Lone Star!!
@Leslie Tomville As always, great photos and a really fine sheepfoot barlow. Looks like a real worker.
@Ace Rimmer A colorful caloric collage. Even at a mere 28 calores per Peep, I don't know that I could make it to the 5 Peep "suggested serving". Sweet knife!
Speaking of eating, @donn , your pint & pie pic has already determined my midday meal menu. Thanks (I think).
@rinos My travel budget can't stand many more of your enchanting vistas. I could barely afford the knife.
rockman0 rockman0 That tantilizing Toole is too much, and thanks for sharing.
@paulhilborn Thanks for not posting that staggering stag yesterday, as it would have stopped all further posts on the spot. Simply stupefying, sir.
- Stuart

To mark my 1,000th post, I thought that I'd post 13 3/8" of righteousness. More practically, I'm pocketing the slender (13/32") 4-blade Kissing Crane whittler, second from the bottom. As to the grapes of wrath, I pray for a crop failure.
- Stuart

Congratulations on the milestone Stuart :thumbsup:

My Stag 56 today.
C3H0Lr.jpg
Great looking stag on that one, Paul!

Light duties around the yard this Sunday morning with an old Sheffield sleeveboard. Has what looks like a 'Bennett & Herd' tang stamp but cant be sure.
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr
Oh and Bunny the Patterdale Terrier for company. :)

Nice elegant old knife for just messing about outside. :thumbsup: I'm not a dog type of bloke usually, but she looks such a bright mischievous little dog that even my stone heart is melted. Bet Bunny gets up to some amusing antics!:cool:

Thanks, Will

- lovely, lovely pair there, Ron :thumbsup:

That Norfolk is a peach, can't say I clapped eyes on one before...........can almost feel it in my hand - sadly it's not..!! ;)
Thanks Paul! :) The Norfolk was sort of a grail for me. I had admired them from a distance ever since they first came out. I can honestly say it didn’t disappoint me. It’s definitely my favorite of any of the Case Bose knives that I own! :D

Lovely pairing Ron :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :)

Nice picture of 3 of my favorite things my friend .

Harry
It’s hard to beat good BBQ and a great Barlow! :thumbsup:

Seahorse on a Sunday

40341180371_b1c94e32c6_b.jpg
That Willamette is looking good my friend! :thumbsup: I’m glad you’re enjoying it! :thumbsup: :cool:

What an excellent knife! A comfortable looking pattern too, Half Congress? Some decent worn Stag there. I have a Hoffritz Pen that I'm very fond of, been trying to get somebody to make me one but not really found the right answer yet...

Thanks for showing this, it's a treat.

Regards, Will

The knife is grand Paul, but the fry-up get's the mouth watering.:cool:

I like to have that sort of stuff late morning about 11 after a good long walk across fields & woods with my current favourite pocket-knife (whatever it is) Thick bacon rashers, free range eggs, field mushrooms, fried potato or mash fried as 'cakes' then a load of sourdough toast plus 5 litres of tea:D I also like the fish some of you English eat, Kippers but it stinks out the house and you get a powerful thirst all day-not a bad thing;)

Thanks, Will

Nice elegant old knife for just messing about outside. :thumbsup: I'm not a dog type of bloke usually, but she looks such a bright mischievous little dog that even my stone heart is melted. Bet Bunny gets up to some amusing antics!:cool:

Thanks, Will

Thank you Will, yes she most definitely does. She's a loving and devoted companion and the feeling's definitely mutual. I don't usually carry this knife but have recently realised its usefulness. Its a nice small size with great steel like most Sheffield knives of the period, as I'm sure you know. As I say its a great knife for days when not much in the way of hard work is expected, but I think capable enough for most tasks. There's a great video on youtube, one of 'Vinniesdayoff' vids (sorry not sure how to create a proper link), where he puts a knife not much different to this to task as a survival knife and really puts it to work. Anyway, it's well worth a watch. Thanks again Will. Mark.:thumbsup:

Thank you Mark. I think I've seen one of his videos where he makes a basic shelter using only a modest sized Traditional, really engrossing too!

Regards, Will

Back