What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Micarta monday

UqA9xgp.jpg

After four days of intermittent rain and snow, the snow is melting, the fields are flooded and the creeks are swollen. Last night, I had to pull the plug on a long planned rabbit hunt for today, leaving eight men and two young boys (plus eleven beagles) pretty disappointed. It's going to be a long, gray day hanging out on the covered porch, thinking about what might have been. I grabbed the Parker trapper from yesterday's pile and some things to help the time slide by. Now, where's my jacket . . .

bkxPBIp.jpg

- Stuart

:thumbsup::cool::D Thank you for the lovely slideshow my friend! They make me want to get out and enjoy nature more often! :)

I’m running errands this morning with these two in my pockets. A Tidioute 74 Ebony Stallion and a Schatt Morgan HJ3 in Green Jigged Bone. Thanks again @Will Power :D

39650152804_442f09eba8_b_d.jpg
My pleasure and nature is the great healer...get out and take her in. And such a lovely Stallion ...I got mine out :) That Will sure did well with that HJ...wow :thumbsup:

After four days of intermittent rain and snow, the snow is melting, the fields are flooded and the creeks are swollen. Last night, I had to pull the plug on a long planned rabbit hunt for today, leaving eight men and two young boys (plus eleven beagles) pretty disappointed. It's going to be a long, gray day hanging out on the covered porch, thinking about what might have been. I grabbed the Parker trapper from yesterday's pile and some things to help the time slide by. Now, where's my jacket . . .

bkxPBIp.jpg

- Stuart
Sounds like a fun trip...soon...soon and we want pictures. May boys and beagles ( 11 ...:eek:) get their reward in abundance for their patience. Gorgeous pipes and pipe knife.

LOL! :D Thanks for thinking of me Mark, I'm really not a fan of runny eggs though! :D What did it taste like, it's certainly very unusual? :) :thumbsup:
That's probably the Hollandaise sauce, Jack! Oh boy that looks good.

LOL! :D Thanks for thinking of me Mark, I'm really not a fan of runny eggs though! :D What did it taste like, it's certainly very unusual? :) :thumbsup:

It was the black pudding that made me think of you, and possible the Guinness added to it although that's Irish, but it came in a pint :D Possibly I'm just mistaken, but I think I remember you stating you like black pudding :D

I was mostly concentrating on the taste of the black pudding because it was a first (except for a failed attempt to prepare it myself years ago). Somehow the taste of the combination reminded me of a kroket (the version filled with meat ragout: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croquette), but I can't grasp why :oops: Anyway, it tasted delicious:thumbsup:

It's indeed the saus that you see, but the eggs were runny too :cool:

Last edited:

LOL! Yes! Thanks Gary :D :thumbsup:

It was the black pudding that made me think of you, and possible the Guinness added to it although that's Irish, but it came in a pint :D Possibly I'm just mistaken, but I think I remember you stating you like black pudding :D

I was mostly concentrating on the taste of the black pudding because it was a first (except for a failed attempt to prepare it myself years ago). Somehow the taste of the combination reminded me of a kroket (the version filled with meat ragout: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croquette), but I can't grasp why :oops: Anyway, it tasted delicious:thumbsup:

It's indeed the saus that you see, but the eggs were runny too :cool:

It has been a long time since I've eaten black pudding Mark, but I have certainly been involved in the odd bit of black pudding discussion here! :D The best I've had was actually when I lived in France, I used to cook it fried in bacon fat with diced apple. Sounds a bit odd, but it works rather well I think :) :thumbsup:

Back