What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Some NorthWoods Mammoth Ivory
CU3PU3y.jpg

Case Barehead Jack today

ElNwGZPh.jpg
Fetching Case and first-class photo, Steve! :thumbsup::cool:

Memorable knife, Jason! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to see you picked Purdue. ;) I had Purdue meeting Virginia in the finals; I guess Purdue is now a lock to win it all! :D:rolleyes:

That's a pretty cute peanut in the locket Gary:thumbsup:
Thanks, Paul; I'll tell her you said that. ;) That pic is probably about 29 years old, before all her dark "birth hair" fell out and came back in blond as can be!

Just when I get congratulated for being committed I find myself outside with another!
Nice choices, Gary!
dx0LAeR.jpg
Thanks, Gary. :) The bone on the Halfrich in your hand is exhilarating :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:, but that snow at your feet is NOT! :thumbsdown:

Thank you, GT. I had you in mind with those spear mains. With the aluminum frames, even the two blade knives are relatively light in hand and pocket. (SIDE NOTE: The slightly older version with the paper tab does not have the patent numbers on the mark side tang as does the younger one, rather it has a PENDING stamp on the pile side.)

That muskrat is my kind of knife with two long sleek mains. The beautiful bolsters are a bonus, to boot.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart, for the "muskrat love" ;) and for the spearpoint Queen barlows. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My carries today, by the numbers: Buck 110 and Queen 31.

ZkYNpdO.jpg

- Stuart
Inspired pair, Stuart. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks. It was my first custom, the stag, the size, pattern and blade shape.
Thanks for "counting the ways", Alan; quite a testimonial! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carrying my Boker Tree Brand Barlow and the Mini Sodbuster from the Never Ending GAW today.

7xp9ee_PRRR_v_J1bmvf2f2_Q.jpg
I like that red/black combination of classics, Joshua! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you so much, GT! Though I am sure I am technically far too young to know what your are referring to, I am not at all unfamiliar with the piece. Not only did I have to learn some of it on the violin, but my folks were big fans and would play it now and then. I always enjoy seeing your Spanish knives, your daughter has great taste.

I am carrying a couple of Ebony beauties today.

OEenioY.jpg
Your reply is music to my ears, Dylan. ;) That dark duo is dynamite!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words my friend, your daughter has great taste :) :thumbsup:
Nice knives GT, especially the one your daughter gave you !
Dylan and Jack and Steve, your comments about my kid make me a proud papa! :p

Thanks Gary! I can’t decide whether to call it a Barfoot or a Lamblow!! :p:eek: But I like it. :D
:D:D Can't go wrong with either of those choices, Ron!

Enjoying a sunshine break between rain showers.

gsheZyCh.jpg
Cool photo, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (But it took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at. :confused:o_O)

View attachment 869083 Had this one from Oakedge with me today.
Sweet knife, @bonzodog ! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Are the handles horn? Sure looks like micarta!! :eek::confused:

More Bulldog "Cuttin' Horse"
View attachment 869134
That's a striking knife, @mitch4ging ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What blade combination does it have? Standard stockman trio?

Am carrying these today around the house .

Was not doing much . Just waiting around for these to come in .

Harry
Scarlet-o-rama, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: The sawcut Barlows are splendid, and so are the French Kates. :thumbsup::thumbsup: (But I'm apparently ready for spring, and baseball - my first thought on seeing the bottom photo was "Cincinnati Redlegs" - remember when the Reds were called that?)

Stand-out stag, Jack!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary! I don't usually get compliments on the Huckleberry. :thumbsup:
That's hard to believe, Dean; IMHO it's a very desirable knife! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 869437 View attachment 869438 View attachment 869439

I will be totin’ the Mudbug this weekend.
5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you for the compliments on my Lloyd GT. I am not living large, just spending large. Luckily, my wife thinks all knives cost less than $100, so, when I pull out a Lloyd, she just thinks it is another knife! And to answer your question, we just have one dog. But we have two grand dogs that spend a lot of time with us. And two neighbor dogs that come over quite frequently!
Marvelous Mudbug (and pics thereof), Leslie! :cool::thumbsup::cool: And thanks for addressing the "large living" and "canine census" issues I brought up! :)

Happy Friday!

View attachment 869531

Oops- I missed Friday.
Happy Saturday!
Unbeatable trio, Jeff; K-nives and K-nine! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Still St. Patrick's Day, I guess, so here's a green Imperial Ireland trapper (thanks, Dave)
lOVDk7K.jpg

a green Girl Scout knife
4SYw7WW.jpg

a green Hen & Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will)
briI09C.jpg

and a green Irish-themed Rough Rider canoe
U2TnEfo.jpg

- GT

Dylan and Jack and Steve, your comments about my kid make me a proud papa! :p

:D:D Can't go wrong with either of those choices, Ron!

Cool photo, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (But it took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at. :confused:o_O)

Sweet knife, @bonzodog ! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Are the handles horn? Sure looks like micarta!! :eek::confused:

That's a striking knife, @mitch4ging ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What blade combination does it have? Standard stockman trio?

Scarlet-o-rama, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: The sawcut Barlows are splendid, and so are the French Kates. :thumbsup::thumbsup: (But I'm apparently ready for spring, and baseball - my first thought on seeing the bottom photo was "Cincinnati Redlegs" - remember when the Reds were called that?)

Stand-out stag, Jack!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's hard to believe, Dean; IMHO it's a very desirable knife! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Marvelous Mudbug (and pics thereof), Leslie! :cool::thumbsup::cool: And thanks for addressing the "large living" and "canine census" issues I brought up! :)

Unbeatable trio, Jeff; K-nives and K-nine! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Still St. Patrick's Day, I guess, so here's a green Imperial Ireland trapper (thanks, Dave)
lOVDk7K.jpg

a green Girl Scout knife
4SYw7WW.jpg

a green Hen & Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will)
briI09C.jpg

and a green Irish-themed Rough Rider canoe
U2TnEfo.jpg

- GT

Thanks for the kind words a chara, outstandingly verdant collection :thumbsup:

A little oxhorn Lambsfoot for me today.
39058680950_d95fe5a2da_h.jpg

Lovely golden horn my friend :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a great post-St Patrick's Day Sunday :) :thumbsup:

AWSFO 8-8.JPG

GEC 66 5-1S.JPG

I use garlic a lot in my cooking but for some reason I dislike garlic-crushers, I think they make the garlic taste bitter, then there's the cleaning hell:rolleyes: Instead, I prefer to use a very sharp small knife to slice the garlic thinly as possible. This CASE Teardrop with Wharncliffe cv blade works supremely at the task:cool: It's getting some colour these days and is no longer pristine like this, a really well-made knife too.

QNhk2LC.jpg

I use garlic a lot in my cooking but for some reason I dislike garlic-crushers, I think they make the garlic taste bitter, then there's the cleaning hell:rolleyes: Instead, I prefer to use a very sharp small knife to slice the garlic thinly as possible. This CASE Teardrop with Wharncliffe cv blade works supremely at the task:cool: It's getting some colour these days and is no longer pristine like this, a really well-made knife too.

QNhk2LC.jpg

Same here Will, horrible things :thumbsdown: Nice knife :thumbsup:

Carrying the 25 drop point on a little hike. Glad to see spring trying to happen!
0qphGJ1.jpg

Hope you had a great hike Mark :thumbsup: I wish spring would try a bit harder in the UK, it's thick with snow outside today! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! It was great to be out. We are a good 20 degrees below normal still, but I feel it coming! Hoping it warms up for you, soon!:thumbsup:

Carrying the 25 drop point on a little hike. Glad to see spring trying to happen!
0qphGJ1.jpg

For some reason that "looks" warm :D:thumbsup: Hope you enjoyed ya hike :thumbsup:

Hope you had a great hike Mark :thumbsup: I wish spring would try a bit harder in the UK, it's thick with snow outside today! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

I actually really like this weather. I look forward to winter and I pine like a puppy missing it's owner when it passes. Maybe I'm actually from Narnia....:)
lRKgyfs.jpg

And just a little reminder that apparently "meteorological spring" is actually completely made up :D
The Bronte Bridge, above Haworth yesterday.
J8Ks5FE.jpg

Back