What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

MjVvu5Lh.jpg

The wife asked me to make a couple simple templates for her out of cardboard. Her scissors were tossed to the side approximately 0.5 seconds into the task. Split the box in half with OK/T Warthog and did the detail cut with the pruner blade of my Rancher.

IMG_20180325_133410_2.jpg

Now, I've got to see what will assist me with the grill this evening. :D

Totin' the Workhorse
26106840217_2ff56b908d_h.jpg
IMHO, there's a LOT to like about that knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hoping for a great weekend for y’all! :) This Alox Pioneer should have everything I’ll need for the next couple of days. :D
36277568586_48ebdc6e03_b_d.jpg
I hope y’all don’t get tired of seeing this Alox Pioneer, but until next Saturday that’s all there is! :eek::D

View attachment 874965
We’re on a visit to see our daughter and the Cherry Blossoms! :eek::( Those blossoms ain’t happening!! :( With the air travel and all other things considered, I figured I would go conservative on my carry. :D
I hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable visit and safe travels, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Can't go wrong with a black Pioneer. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's Saturday so this oneView attachment 874267
I never tire of this one.
@oldtymer , I totally agree with @joeradza about that little Case stag. :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Enticing cattle knife (and a really cool rock :))! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm actually afraid that I've found my grail. ...
View attachment 874366
So many of us are looking for a grail, but I'll bet a lot of us would have your reaction if we find it, @HeathH ! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats, even in your fear! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rojo Mojo, Dylan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I've said it before, Dean, and I'll undoubtedly say it again: Grand old Barlow!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

I’m still playing with the Tidioute micarta combo.

xcOcBqph.jpg
Notable micarta pair, Buzz! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Been carrying my Peña LC all week. Here’s a nice parts picture I found of it.

View attachment 874516
Kinda cool to see all the components laid out like that, Jake!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you, GT, and what a panoply of pointed pretties portrayed in your picture. I presume the pretense to pronounce you the Phraseologist Plenipotentiary of the Porch after that poetic and poignant post. All phrasing aside, I truly enjoy your reviews, humorous insight, and subtle support to all of us. I hope that you and all y'all have a great and safe weekend.
- Stuart
:eek::eek::thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I am not worthy! You proclaim prettily, pardner! ;)

Thanks Gary, I was so impressed that I ordered it's little brother:D

I had to put my own edge on it when it arrived, although it came very sharp from the dealer, it's just something I HAVE to do:)
P3ru8A.jpg

A pair of fetching gunstocks, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: At first, I was a little leery of the positioning of the nail nick for lack of leverage, then I realized they're lock backs and that's probably not an issue at all. :rolleyes:

Had a great time, sir!
View attachment 874729
... Meeting and making new friends and buying knives , it don't get much better than that .

Harry
Jeff & Harry, it's great to hear you had such a productive, enjoyable trip to the Badger blade show! :thumbsup::cool::)

You are most welcome, my friend. Credit where credit is do and all that.
If you continue to have problems sharpening your Guardian's Lamsfoot, shoot me a PM, I might be able to help.
Totin' a teardrop today.
40287502124_6e61c42c95_h.jpg
We will have to do something about the edge my friend :thumbsup: Thanks for the kind words, had a good walk yesterday, and slept like a tot last night! :D Always a treat to see your Perennials :thumbsup:
It's a nice, sunny day here in Yorkshire, but I have a heap of stuff to do in the house. Carrying my Guardians Lambsfoot and Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot today :thumbsup:

View attachment 874941

View attachment 874940
Thanks for your offers of help, FBC & Jack :thumbsup::), but I think I make a little more progress and learn a little more about sharpening each time I work on it. Spent quite a bit of time Friday using a DMT Aligner system on it, and gave it a good strop with Flexcut Gold this morning before church, and it's much better than it's ever been so far. Now I'm starting to get greedy and wondering if I can turn it into a whittlin' knife! :rolleyes: That Black Box teardrop and the Stan Shaw stag are stellar selections!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

... After reading the "knives and BBQ" thread, I had to take it out for dinner. :)
View attachment 874875
I wonder if the "original" Churchill ever ate a meal like that?? ;)

Your "picture spot" looks good even with snow on the ground! :eek::thumbsup: That Sodbuster blade has been around the block a time or two! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

These two today.
IMG_20180325_094533437.jpg
Colorful and captivating pair!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

A brace of barlows.

I'm always enchanted by that tiny script Cattaraugus bolster stamp, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: A bonny brace of Barlows indeed! :):cool::thumbsup:

Stropped this one up before breakfast this morning; apple, grapes, and banana for my cereal cowered on the counter in response!
cUxdPx3.jpg

- GT

Thanks for noticing, guys. :) Have to admit that I only know the Grateful Dead version of the song, but I listened to it on YouTube yesterday for the first time in decades, and I still thing it's a fantastic cover! Love the harmonica!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, donn. :) Your lambsfoot on the frosty grass is an enchanting photo! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My weekly display of the four knives I carry every day, regardless of what other knives my weekly rotation schedule dictates:
rpuzGQo.jpg

- GT

Thanks 5K. Apparently we've got more snow on the way end of this week. Liked the Grateful Dead link :thumbsup:

Thank you for all the kind words and compliments, fellas. I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend so far.

I'm getting ready to start breaking in this new pipe over a cup of coffee and a nice jack to fiddle with.

BcFIA1C.jpg

Great shot! Hope the pipe pasted muster :thumbsup:

Thanks Donn, it was a good one, even Slaithwaite is beginning to get a little gentrified though :eek: I doubt that will ever happen to The Silent Woman though, what a grim pub! :rolleyes: Plenty of good ones though fortunately :) Hope you're having a good weekend :thumbsup:

View attachment 874941

View attachment 874940

Slaithwaite gentifried? :eek: The last time I did the Rail Ale Trail that wasn't the impression I got... :D
Mind I've never been the Silent Woman, I've avoided the crowds and usually gone the Swan up by the viaduct if I've been round there or walked down the canal and up'th hill to the Sair Inn in....Linthwaite is it? :thumbsup:
Anyway gents I had a mixed weekend thanks. Found out that I'm way behind on the pension scheme payments....:mad::(:confused::eek::oops::rolleyes: but at the moment I don't care because I....
FOUND MY OLD SURVIVAL KNIFE!! :cool::)

m8MaULB.jpg

Sorry, shocking picture.

Hope everyone's had as good a weekend as me :D:thumbsup:

I've said it before, Dean, and I'll undoubtedly say it again: Grand old Barlow!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm always enchanted by that tiny script Cattaraugus bolster stamp, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: A bonny brace of Barlows indeed! :):cool::thumbsup:

Stropped this one up before breakfast this morning; apple, grapes, and banana for my cereal cowered on the counter in response!
cUxdPx3.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Gary!

Cowering fruit, a frightening image! :D:):thumbsup:

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.

PSmkimq.jpg

Lovely Lambsfoot Dylan :)

Thanks for your offers of help, FBC & Jack :thumbsup::), but I think I make a little more progress and learn a little more about sharpening each time I work on it. Spent quite a bit of time Friday using a DMT Aligner system on it, and gave it a good strop with Flexcut Gold this morning before church, and it's much better than it's ever been so far. Now I'm starting to get greedy and wondering if I can turn it into a whittlin' knife! :rolleyes: That Black Box teardrop and the Stan Shaw stag are stellar selections!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I wonder if the "original" Churchill ever ate a meal like that?? ;)

Your "picture spot" looks good even with snow on the ground! :eek::thumbsup: That Sodbuster blade has been around the block a time or two! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Colorful and captivating pair!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

cUxdPx3.jpg

- GT

You seem to have the right attitude GT, I'm sure it'll come right :) Thanks for the compliment my friend :thumbsup:

AWSFO 13-9.JPG

Slaithwaite gentifried? :eek: The last time I did the Rail Ale Trail that wasn't the impression I got... :D
Mind I've never been the Silent Woman, I've avoided the crowds and usually gone the Swan up by the viaduct if I've been round there or walked down the canal and up'th hill to the Sair Inn in....Linthwaite is it? :thumbsup:
Anyway gents I had a mixed weekend thanks. Found out that I'm way behind on the pension scheme payments....:mad::(:confused::eek::oops::rolleyes: but at the moment I don't care because I....
FOUND MY OLD SURVIVAL KNIFE!! :cool::)

m8MaULB.jpg

Sorry, shocking picture.

Hope everyone's had as good a weekend as me :D:thumbsup:

It's happening fast mate, house prices are cheap, and it has a train line, could be the next Hebden Bridge! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

The Silent Woman is one of the grimmest pubs, with the worst beer, I've been in for a very long time! o_O Sorry to hear about the pension stuff Donn :( That's a trip down Memory Lane! It looks like the 'Commando Wire Saw' is still intact too! ;) :thumbsup:

Your Ebony #35 is looking good, @r8shell! I have a #35 Forum knife, but I never picked up a Churchill. Maybe I should before it's too late.

Thank you for all the kind words and compliments, fellas. I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend so far.

I'm getting ready to start breaking in this new pipe over a cup of coffee and a nice jack to fiddle with.

BcFIA1C.jpg

Beautiful shot, Dylan! That's a good looking pipe. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the 78, Barrett; those covers are outstanding!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: As for the watchband, some of us, such as @Peregrin , support you in your opinion that "change" can be a bad thing! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT! That jigging is what sold me on the Northfield #78.

I was actually amazed that I could still buy that same watchband. I bought the first one at an local outdoors shop in Arkansas back in college. I had to order this one online directly from the company that makes them in Canada (the shipping cost more than the watchband), but I just couldn't believe they still made the exact same one. (Normally, my luck dictates that if I find a product that I really like, it will soon be discontinued.) :D

I had to put my own edge on it when it arrived, although it came very sharp from the dealer, it's just something I HAVE to do:)

I'm the same way, Paul. :)

Today's lunch, a chicken I roasted to be served cold. A knife was involved too:cool:

IMTc3Rh.jpg

That looks delicious, Will! Good looking knife, too. Is that an H20? Stainless? I've been thinking about picking up one of the recent 1095 H20s, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Nanc and I have shoveled four times since this morning, heavy, wet snow and hopefully the last of the season:thumbsup: Just my 2015 Lick Creek today.
vPCUIg.jpg

lEU1iC.jpg

It looks like that same snow might be headed our way later tonight. Can't wait to shovel it tomorrow. :rolleyes: :D

Your Lick Creek is looking great! :thumbsup: I love the bar shield on those; I wish GEC would use that more often.

I had this WLST with me today.

JdjF8hH.jpg

Back