What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I haven't given that any serious thought, because I do like both knives as they are.
It's fun to think about how to put elements together though. I'd definitely be up for a whittler configuration:
View attachment 874873

Thanks! After reading the "knives and BBQ" thread, I had to take it out for dinner. :)
View attachment 874875
If you keep posting those BBQ pics I am going to buy a plane ticket to TEXAS!
t1954.gif

A whittler with a punch?! Pleeeeease, GEC, make this one!!!

Thanks pal, I have the memory of a middle-aged goldfish these days! ;) That's a bit of tooth on that 'Senator', a special, which I picked up as a second :thumbsup: Nice workhorse there :) :thumbsup:
That is a might fine looking 2nd!

IMHO, there's a LOT to like about that knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for your offers of help, FBC & Jack :thumbsup::), but I think I make a little more progress and learn a little more about sharpening each time I work on it. Spent quite a bit of time Friday using a DMT Aligner system on it, and gave it a good strop with Flexcut Gold this morning before church, and it's much better than it's ever been so far. Now I'm starting to get greedy and wondering if I can turn it into a whittlin' knife! :rolleyes: That Black Box teardrop and the Stan Shaw stag are stellar selections!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, that Workhorse was my first GEC so it will always be a favorite.
I'm glad you are getting sharpening sorted out. :thumbsup:

27146504128_c2ba6105b2_h.jpg

That is not a nail nick, it's a blood groove! :D

Your Ebony #35 is looking good, r8shell r8shell ! I have a #35 Forum knife, but I never picked up a Churchill. Maybe I should before it's too late.
I was actually amazed that I could still buy that same watchband. I bought the first one at an local outdoors shop in Arkansas back in college. I had to order this one online directly from the company that makes them in Canada (the shipping cost more than the watchband), but I just couldn't believe they still made the exact same one. (Normally, my luck dictates that if I find a product that I really like, it will soon be discontinued.) :D
My dad once told me that if I really liked something like a watch band, or shoes, etc. to go right out and buy two more. By the time yours wears out, you won't be able to get one just like it. The new version will be "new and improved" :rolleyes:

I wonder if the "original" Churchill ever ate a meal like that?? ;)
I can't picture him eating jalapenos.
If you keep posting those BBQ pics I am going to buy a plane ticket to TEXAS!
t1954.gif

A whittler with a punch?! Pleeeeease, GEC, make this one!!!
:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Barrett It's carbon and really well finished, Andrew very kindly arranged for it to be sent to me from the US. The chicken was well finished too ;)

Thanks, Will

Back